1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Story Searches that don't require their own Threads - II

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Dark Minion, Jan 5, 2015.

1. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

A Champions New Hope, I think

2. forgetmenot1996

forgetmenot1996 Squib

High Score:
    Looking for Time Travel Fic?
    All I can remember is that it's a Harry goes back in time story but there is a particular scene about half way through the story where Harry joins the Hogwarts professors for (Christmas?) dinner and someone asks (I think it was either Trelawney or Sinastra) where Remus is and Harry accidently reveals he knows Remus is a werewolf by answering "that it's the full moon tonight".

Thanks!

3. eduard

eduard Squib

Looking for oneshot in oneshot/ideas collection fic. Genre: humor.
    Harry as a child gets summoned into a fantasy-land as a hero and starts saving damsels etc. Then, he goes to Hogwarts. In a first year he debates what sword to use before fighting a troll.
    Thanks.

4. Dingbat

Dingbat Squib

Odd Ideas - 106 Harry Potter: Hero for Hire by Rorschach's Blot

5. eduard

eduard Squib

6. Moeed

Moeed Third Year

Harry searches for magical treasures

The story starts of with Harry, Ron and Hermione looking up all the legendary magical items and treasures that could give the user some power boost and they search the Hogwarts library and try to trace their whereabouts because according to Harry he has no chance against Voldemort otherwise.

I might be wrong but I think there is also a scene in here where Harry and Hermione argue with Ron that the muggle world is far superior then the magical world but Ron successfully argues that its not the case, that's all I remember.

Any help would be great :).

7. Puzzled

Puzzled High Inquisitor

Forging the Sword is what you're probably thinking of.

8. Nfactorial

Nfactorial Squib

Looking for a story where Harry gets sent back in time to when Voldemort was still a young Tom Riddle. If I remember correctly, Harry got involved in WW2, was nicknamed The Count, and fought against Grindelwald. It was a completed, lengthy fic.
    Thanks.

9. Krieger

Krieger Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Altered Destinies by DobbyElfLord iirc.

10. Vulcan

Vulcan Groundskeeper

Looking for the story where Harry sees Trewlaney is about to deliver another prophecy and Sliences her, because he was fed by the prophecies and doesn't want them to influence his life again.

11. 121blob

121blob Squib

High Score:
    I am looking for the name of a fanfic I read a while back. Harry is really powerful and has a basically an endless potential and can do the impossible as long as he doesn't know that it is impossible. (He melts down a galleon at one point. This is not possible in this particular fiction.) I think that the pairing is Harry/Ginny and Ron/Hermione but could be wrong. Any help would be great.

12. Plotless

Plotless High Inquisitor

I recognise the story, but not by name. For anyone else, it's a ficlet based on the idea that magic is based on belief. At least 3 years old. Try checking Rorschach's odd ideas

13. James

James Unspeakable

Taking control by fake a smile has the 'can do impossible, if doesn't know' part, not sure about the galleon. It's H/G.

14. theminikiller

theminikiller Third Year

Could it be Harry Potter and the Golden Needle (https://www.fanfiction.net/s/4340385/1/Harry-Potter-and-the-Golden-Needle)?

Harry has an idea of how to break the rules of Transfiguration, and it actually might work. Maybe. Plenty of other things happen too. No slash and no pairings as yet.
    Rated: Fiction T - English - Sci-Fi/Drama - Harry P., S. Vector - Chapters: 20 - Words: 97,849 - Reviews: 574 - Favs: 1,697 - Follows: 2,141 - Updated: Feb 6, 2010 - Published: Jun 22, 2008 - id: 4340385

15. 121blob

121blob Squib

High Score:
    Cool. Thanks everyone. I think it was taking control. I will have to look at the golden needle. Could be interesting.

16. James

James Unspeakable

My bad, actually. I didn't mean 'taking control', but Jeconais' This means war.

Features Naked Quidditch match like Magic Mail.

17. Download

Download Auror ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Looking for a Harry/Fleur fic. The story is rather cliche, but it was one of the first fics I read. I know the story should be on my followed list, somewhere but I'm not really sure.

It's a wrong boy-who-lived Harry story where Harry has a twin brother. Harry ran away from home or something because of neglect, the story then take the unusual route for this cliche of having this utterly destroy the Potter's reputation. Fast forward to the TWT and something happens meaning that Fleur needs a bodyguard. Harry somehow ends up with the job (I'm not sure how he because a mercenary) and pretends to be a Beauxbatons student as a cover. Getting to Hogwarts he finds his parents working there and (naturally) he's called as the fourth champion which destroys his cover.

I'm pretty certain the story is both dead and terrible but I'm getting a strange nostalgic feeling about it.

18. Krieger

Krieger Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Sounds like Deprived.

19. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

20. Download

Download Auror ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    That's it. I recognise the last chapter and it's as bad as I remember.

---------- Post automerged at 23:44 ---------- Previous post was at 23:44 ----------

Oh yeah, a physical manifestation of his hate. I should have remembered that bit.