1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Go

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by Feoffic, Sep 10, 2015.

?

What brand is your underwear?

1. Instinct

28.1%
  2. Mystic

43.9%
  3. Valor

28.1%
  1. Myduraz

Myduraz Headmaster DLP Supporter

Nice!? I waited with heading to the Dratini nest until after this weekend (soon hitting level 24) just to get them sweet ones (less exp/hour in the nest than my regular farm spot). Now my Dragonite is going to be super delayed unless a new nest is found :/

I guess it's not all bad though, got a Magmar spawning every 30 minutes just 10 meters outside my apartment now..

Had my second massevo tonight, ended up with a couple of sweet ones, not going to use dusts on the low IV's but I'm pretty happy with my Exeggutor and Vileplume, both are quite nice against the typically water dominated gyms aroudn here.

2. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

Huh, I've been hitting the same Squirtle nest for 3 days in a row now. Yesterday and the day before the spawn rate was miserable (like 1 Squirtle every 20-30 minutes, sometimes a second one would spawn if you were super lucky), but today it was MUCH better (like 1 Squirtle every 10 minutes).

I guess it got changed from a shitty squirtle nest to a good squirtle nest, something im super happy with.

3. Rah

Rah Death Eater

Went to the bank today and saw a snorlax shadow, got super hyped and walked around for 10 mins looking for it.

Ended up being 41 CP ://

4. DvorakQ

DvorakQ Seventh Year DLP Supporter

:3 considering the last three snorlaxes I ran into managed to 'run' away from me....
    I then have a friend who spanked RnGesus on the ass.

Snorlax Dream

5. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

Is your friend gps spoofing to Snorlaxes? Cuz no one has found a Snorlax nest yet.

6. Teyrn

Teyrn Order Member

So my father started playing this last night. He's 64, he's already apparently hatched a 5k egg and has all sorts of pokeballs and pokemon. I am... reluctantly impressed/amused.

7. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

So a lot of moves were nerfed and buffed.

Biggest hits to the meta are Lick, Water Gun, and Mud Shot were all hit hard.

I think they're trying to balance around attack speed explicitly now, which is good in the long run.

Happily, my formerly crappy Fire Fang Arcanine is definitely better now! (Fire Fang went from 7 to 10)

Edit: Silph Road database updated with the new move damage, it seems more like everything was balanced to be even rather then just nerfing the good stuff to the ground.

Top DPS is Pound at 12.96, but there are like 30 moves that are higher then 10 dps, and 15 that are 10 or lower (including Splash >.>).

So its not the end of the world for people who have gone out of their way to catch and evolve Water Gun users, which is nice. It's still in a 5 way tie for 4th best dps at 12.

Charge attacks might be much better now though, and something you use as often as possible.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  8. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

The last five 10km eggs I hatched were evees, either my game is glitched or I am cursed.

On the other hand. I have 5 2000cp vaporeons holding gyms...

9. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

I get an absurd amount of the same pokemon from 5k eggs, which seems unlikely- I personally think theres some non-rng factor effecting what hatches.

Whether it be where you pick up the egg, where you are when it hatches, or something else, I dunno, but it feels really painful to hatch 3 poliwags in a row.

10. Orm Embar

Orm Embar Auror

I guess I'm in the minority, because I just caught a CP 1136 Snorax at random. I was just walking along, and there it was, parked right in the middle of the road. Well played, Niantic.

11. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

Pokemon Go, Day 13:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Myduraz

Nice distance, I'm at 80 km at level 24 myself. ~level 20 I discovered a 4 Pokestop park where around a hundred people gather daily just to farm experience. Only really taken walks after that to refill on pokeballs.

FML of the day: Found a wild 1800 Dragonite in aforemention park only to have it run away.

13. Andrela

Imariel

Damn man, I've never even seen a Dratini around my city :/

---------- Post automerged 07-31-2016 at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was 07-30-2016 at 07:02 PM ----------

The New Pokemon Go update removes the "nearby" feature completely.

Holy ravioli :(

14. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Fifth Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    On top of that, the external trackers don't work anymore. And the ordering in the "pokemon near you" isn't based on distance.

So, essentially, if you see the outline of something rare, it's just a giant FUCK YOUUUUUU from the game.

15. Andrela

PokeVision was shutdown, but the PokeScanner I linked earlier kinda works, just showed me a weedle 100 meters from me.

16. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Fifth Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I just gave it a quick go. It does still work, although it's a bit slow. Cheers!

17. BTT

BTT Viol̀e͜n̛t͝ D̶e͡li͡g҉h̛t҉s̀ ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Out in the city with my mates last night, suddenly stumbled across a big-ass pokeball. Sign near it said to come back Thursday on 9pm so that's what we'll do. Curious to see what'll happen.

18. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

19. Andrela

You're gonna get mugged :nyan:

20. Myduraz

Heard several peoples progress got wiped after updating Pokemon Go - if it happends to you do not start playing the 'new' account. Try logging out and see if it automatically logged into another account (some PTC trainers got automatically logged in with their google account somehow). If it's on the same account just contact the Niantic support.