1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Sun and Moon

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by PomMan, Feb 26, 2016.

?

Which version are you planning to get?

1. Sun

48.8%
  2. Moon

51.2%
  1. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Wtf. There's so much new stuff. Z moves seem isnsane. Ice/Fairy Nintetales is bae. Kahuna is hilarious. The trainers dancing is hilarious as well.

This is probably going to be the most unique pokemon game so far. I'm worried about the special stuff bloat - throwing logic to hell and just shoveling us with new cool, flashy shit, but I was pretty excited after that trailer.

2. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones DLP Supporter

This reminds me of the Orange islands. The trials that involve some kind of non-battle task followed by a battle with the leader.

3. Viewtiful

Viewtiful Groundskeeper

If Porygon-Z doesn't have the most batshit insane Z-Move I'm going to be terribly disappointed.

4. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Z-Moves seem like they're per type though, not per monster

5. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

Thoughts? Legit?

Leaked concept art?

http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/image.jpeg

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  6. Clerith

High Score:
    I've heard the rumour about there being no league in Alola and that you'd be the one to create it. No traditional gyms, E4 and champion. I've also seen that picture before. Another fire/fighting, eh. There are so many leaks before every pokemon game that I've just stopped caring. A few might turn out real, the majority are fake. I don't think it bears thinking about.

7. Roarian

Roarian High Inquisitor

I'm told it's a Fire/Dark type actually.

8. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

I'm actually kind of hyped up about the new gym rumor. Being the progenitor of the Alola league is pretty fucking cool.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  9. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

Well, I hadn't planned on buying this pokemon game, but Alola Ninetales might do it for me.

10. Cjonbloodletter

Cjonbloodletter Professor

11. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Is that a ghost/fire Marowak I see?

12. Starwind

Starwind Headmaster

Wanting to get back into playing the games. Last game I played was Diamond. Whats the best games after that? Ive heard great things about the remakes. Always enjoyed the Johto games because they had two regions. But yeah, suggestions?

13. Clerith

High Score:
    If I had to pick one game before Sun/Moon, definitely X/Y. Then Black/White. If you wanna be an absolute monster, something like HGSS (your Johto remakes) -> Black -> Black 2 -> X -> ORAS (Hoenn remakes), but X/Y should have the most content and new stuff, like introducing the megas, amie, super training, character customization and world tournament.

It's been too long since I played HGSS, so I can't say about it, but I'd personally rank the remaining games X/Y > Black/White > ORAS > B2/W2. They were all pretty fun, but I feel like X/Y would also give you the biggest "this is your pokemon now" experience.

14. Jarsha

Jarsha Seventh Year

The Pokemon World Tournament is in Black and White 2, unless you're talking about the online battles.

Couple of different points, if you want to enjoy the game you're playing, play Heart Gold or Soul Silver or the Black/White 1/2 games. X and Y introduce all the new mechanics, and the player customization is fun, but the story is... If friendship and whatnot in most pokemon games is a frisbee thrown by a friend, then the 'message' in X and Y is a brick thrown by an angry world champion pitcher aimed for your head. That, and there is damn near nothing to do after the Elite four, who I thought were the easiest out of all the games, before or since.

HG and SS have the pokemon olympics, the two regions, and have the battle tower, which at least doesn't literally cheat. Black and White 2 have the World Tournament where you can fight all the gym leaders and champions of the previous regions, probably my favorite post-game thing they've ever added and then removed.

X and Y, and the ORAS games have their version of the Battle Tower, the Battle Chateau, and it outrights cheats, building teams with perfect counters to yours, and it tweaks the odds in their favor. If a move can burn, it will. If you get confused - you lose. 5 turns hitting yourself every single time. 5 crits to you in a row without using a boosting move on a pokemon without a crit boosting ability. Etc.

Er.

TLDR; Cheating Hax. If you want to see all the new guys and don't care about post Elite 4, play X/Y or the ORAS games. Otherwise, start at HGSS and work your way from there. On an emulator and speeding things up battles don't take nearly as long as they would otherwise.

15. Cjonbloodletter

16. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'd like to think that it can only change Raichu's form if you import a Pika with surf from the 3DS-RBY games. Gives them a reason to be Bank compatible eventually.

Also, sea-cucumber is ugly as sin. Haven't seen the new grass-fairy.

17. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    There's a rumour that keeps popping up that the starters will have a second available final evolution.

I fervently hope it's true because I can't stand the water or fire final evos.

18. Cjonbloodletter

19. radm94

radm94 First Year

High Score:
    I liked everything in the trailer. I especially like the theme for Team Skull.

November can't come soon enough.

20. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Oh god, they've already started the skull puns.

Team Skull looks hilarious and fun. Hopefully their team goal isn't played as seriously and dramatic as previous teams'.