1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Official DLP Nuzlocke Run

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by Mindless, Jul 24, 2010.

1. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

A new challenger appears.

Some background - the last Pokemon game I played was Crystal, when it was released. I had no clue "nuzlocke run" even was before I read this thread. I haven't followed the series in years, because I haven't had a DS to play one on, and never got around to playing on emulators.

Enter the flu, this thread, and my cousin's DS. I am stuck in bed for the next couple of days with relatively little to do and poor Internet, I have a copy of Pokemon X, complete with a million pokemon and like 5 types that didn't exist the last time I played a Pokémon game, and I am inspired by your tales of woe.

I'm coming back to Pokémon, Nuzlocke style. Dis gon be good.

Edit:
    Decided to give you a teaser of what is to come tonight.

~~~~

Holy shit we've come a long way folks. Thsee are not the graphics of my childhood.

My journey begins as it should, pilfering through the homes of my neighbors before meeting the neighborhood children.

I have a horde of groupies who now refer to me as Big T. I mean, Pokémon Trainer Typhon was fine, but sure minions, do you. My old rivals can suck it, dancing minions are where it's at. Take the monkey in the grass hat as a starter so I won't be attached when it gets to be trade time.

OTOH, Oak/Elm would have delivered a mission to me in person, so while the minions, the graphics, and the neighborhood might be better than the things that came before, old-school professors are better professors. Clearly.

Crush a minion to establish a pecking order, then go off to tell my mom that I'm off on my childhood career as a dogfighte- err, Pokémon trainer.

...whoa. Mom just assumes if she gets a letter from a tree it must be a love letter. I think I understand why Typhon wants to go be a Pokémon trainer, this bitch is crazy. She gives my career as a dog fighter her blessing, and I roll out for new horizons.

Loool. The more things change, the more they stay the same. Snagged a pidgey for my first capture, but at least I know what it is. Welcome to the team Aekiel, king of birds.

I start a wonder trade (which is awesome, by the way, where was this shit back in my glory days), and trade my stupid grass monkey for... another Pokémon I know, holy shit. Vira the Nidoran has now joined the team.

The team:
    Aekiel the Pidgey, M, 4.
    Vira the Nidoran, F, 6.

Those left behind:
    Grass-Monkey the Grass-Monkey, M, 6. May you serve Pokemos Trainer Maria the Spaniard well.

Edit 2:
    Err, I thought wonder trade gave you a pokemon of equivalent or lesser level. I'm going back to sleep because flu now, but Vira the Nidoran is actually 11, so I need to trade again till I get a 6. Something for tomorrow.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
  2. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    EDIT: And this is what I get for trying to be helpful >_<

3. Nuit

Nuit Dark Lord

Thought for sure Locke meant the in game sprites.

4. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I figured otherwise given Palindrome's explanations at the start, but you're probably right. Alas.:rrou:

5. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

...God Damnit

6. Oment

Oment The Betrayer DLP Supporter

Eterna City - ???

After some anger therapy involving the corpses of several burned Jirachi, the bones of a weak suicune, a piplup beak and copious amounts of fire to set the pyre ablaze, I head back out of Eterna Forest to fight the route 205 Fishermen. Like Breeders, Fishermen can be a real pain in the arse in randomised runs. There are always a couple that normally have like four to six Magikarp of a halfway decent level. There are two of them here: Fisherman Zachary (closest to Eterna) normally has two Magikarp bracketing a Goldeen, and Fisherman Andrew (middle trainer) plays the six-Magikarp-in-increasing-level trope straight.

Naturally, Zachary starts off with a Deoxys. Luckily, it doesn’t appear to know anything heavy-hitting (Wrap is the move it uses...), and its lopsided-as-hell stats make dealing with it easy. The rest of the Pokémon here oscillate between easy and ‘where is my fucking Sleep clause’ and back again. It’s a bit of a mixed bag.

Speaking of Sleep clause: the first trainer in the Gym starts out with a Weepinbell, appropriately enough, and Naeblis immediately goes to snooze some. There is also a Xatu mirror here, which Zenzao wins because his Night Shade is a 3HKO, while the enemy Xatu needs 4. The rest of the trainers are boring, though. Minion upgrades Water Gun to Bubblebeam and I affirm my membership in the Church of Dome after killing an Omanyte, and that’s basically it. Gardenia, here I come. After healing, of course.

This run is trying to kill me. I send Vira out, and Gardenia drops a Suicune on me. At least it’s a local Pokémon… Supersonic takes a few tries to land, and by that time, Vira is down to 40 % health with a Leer on her. I switch Drome in, give Suicune a case of the toxics, and then start throwing leaves at it. This eventually kills it, and she replies by sending out her ace, which is an Azurill. I send out Seratin and I will let you imagine the horrors he unleashed upon the poor baby. There is also a Wailmer, but Seratin takes care of that as well.

Gardenia should probably reapply to be a Water-type Gym. We get the Forest Badge. Perhaps it’s a cryptic hint? The only water in the forest is the river, or something? I don’t know, I don’t care, I’m out of here. Drome gets the ability to cut trees and into the Galactic building I go.

Sodding Suicune. This one is on a Scientist who proceeds to throw an X-Special on it, and then Suicune used Rain Dance on top of it. Then AI idiocy kicked in and it only used Bite on Drome, but still. It’s conceptually more challenging than Jupiter is at least, between her Swellow and a Mareep.

After causing some localised earthquakes by collapsing too many walls and picking up way too many useless Spheres in the process, we attempt to go get our Bike, only to be ‘but thou must’-ed by Cynthia. Fine, fine, I’ll take your egg and shove it in the PC. Gift Pokémon rules and all that. If I ever feel like hatching it, I’ll tell you, but odds are it’s going to end up as lunch for someone before that time.

Well. This is an issue. En-route down Cycling Road, my road is blocked by many trainers. Some of them are easy, like the gulpin that thought farting all over Seratin would be a hindrance. (Little did it know, that’s mild compared to a regular Saturday night for him.) Some of them… Aren’t.

[​IMG]

Vira happens to be out in front. She is my second-best special wall (after Drome), and so I keep her in. Supersonic hits despite being hit in the face with more bad breath, and then things start to unfold. Palkia hits itself in confusion twice, but it gets an Ancientpower through the third round, and even though it is in the red, Vira is in surefire kill range of a Dragonsbreath, and a potential kill on Ancientpower, depending on the damage range. Confusion is, I think, guaranteed to run out as well. I make the hard decision to sacrifice Vira and then using my free switch to Drome to kill it. I put in Horn Attack, and wait for the inevitable.

Palkia used Water Pulse. It’s not very effective.

Vira lives on 6 health, but simultaneously to me realising that are the tweets that every Pokémon player detests. I wait and hope.

Horn Attack goes through. Palkia faints.

[imgur]HEzoFpT[/imgur]

Party:
    Minion
    the Octillery, L20, M. BubbleBeam, Constrict, Psybeam, Aurora Beam.
    Vira the Seaking, L21, F. Peck, Horn Attack, Supersonic, Water Pulse.
    Zenzao the Xatu, L20, M. Peck, Night Shade, Lucky Chant, Teleport.
    Seratin the Hariyama, L22, M. SmellingSalt, Rock Smash, Sand Attack, Vital Throw.
    Drome the Meganium, L21, F. Cut, Razor Leaf, Synthesis, Poisonpowder.
    Naeblis the Typhlosion, L21, M. Flame Wheel, Smokescreen, Ember, Quick Attack.

Gone to meet King Kai:
    Republic
    the Larvitar, L5, M. Have a mint, Giratina, please.
    Zeelthor the Glalie, L18, M. Ice did not suffice.

Legendaries encountered: 4 (15 total)

Underground loot: 3 Heart Scales, 1 Red Shard, 1 Splash Plate

7. Nuit

Nuit Dark Lord

Drome doesn't specifically mention how other than it's a Randomiser feature. He may have glossed over the Emerald only bit and assumed she was using the same one Oment linked earlier. I checked the options on that one before finding the one that she may have meant.

http://artemis251.fobby.net/downloads/emerald/

8. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Last time... We beat down Team Aqua in Mt. Chimney. Flannery felt the heat. We lost a lot of Numel. Vira and Omentwo evolved.

Oh and I got an Alakazite.

Fuck yeah.​

We face down the fucking tropical rainforest stretch of the game with disdain. This is where many a Nuzlocke or playthrough ends because holy shit it's tedious.

I look at my team and decide it's time to get Steelbadger the Rhyhorn and Mattwo the Clauncher up to scratch. Thankfully the beginning of this Route is filled with Linoone, Kecleon and Electrike. Steelbadger steps up to the plate and grinds like hell to lvl 30.In all fairness it happens quickly and I pack up and head back to Mauville and North, aiming for the desert.

Mistakes were made.

Instead of grinding Clauncher in Fiery path for a while first I hopped straight into the desert. I met ruin maniac Dusty and wasted his Baltoy at the price of getting confused. Mattwo still had plenty of health and I was feeling cocky so I hit his Sandslash with a surf. His Sandslash lived and used magnitude.

Magnitude

Magnitude

Magnitude Teeeeeeeeeeeeeeen!

The ground opened up and delivered Mattwo the Clauncher straight into the arms of Hades.

[​IMG]

Sigh. Fine. I'll carry on. I got to head back to Rainforestland and realise I've no surfing pokemon. Shit. I plod back to a PC and reluctantly withdraw Shitheap the Luvdisc.

Almost as useless as Sunkern.

My day gets slightly better as I run into a Tropius which I ball and name Jar7zok.

Nothing of note happens until the weather institute where I run out Team Aqua and grab a castform which I throw into Wonder trade and get a level ten Fletchling in return. Meh. I'll need a flyer soon so I dump it in the team ahead of shitheap and switch on Exp Share.

Soon after I meet May and Steelbadger the Rhyhorn takes out most of her team while I switch in Tarsal who magical leafs her Marshtomp right. In. The. Face.

She sinks to her knees in devastation and awe.

"Seratin-chan I have no words to express my-"

"Move it, bitch. Winona's waiting for me."

:sherlock:

Okay so the thing about Winona is, I've been preparing. Steelbadger has been trained to become an equal of the others for a reason.

We rock into the gym...geddit? We rock into the gym and obliterate its trainers with zero fucks give, bar the odd switch out in case of a Pelliper.

We challenge her, she sends out Swellow.

She uses double team. Steelbadger uses Smack down.

Swellow comes crashing down to earth and doesn't get up.

Pelliper switches in and I thrown Vira the Alakazam at it, mega evolving it is complete overkill but it looks so damn cool. Pelliper gets ripped apart with psychic energy and I switch Rhyhorn back in.

She sends out Skarmory and I immediately open up with smack down.

Why you ask? Skarmory is a steel type? For those who underestimate smack down because of its low power you should know its real value is that it literally smacks birds and levitating pokemon down to earth letting ground type moves effect them.

Rhyhorn uses Magnitude and the damn thing never has a chance.

Same strategy for Altaria with the same result.

Feather badge get.

On route 120 and 121 I run into two Gloom,both of which I accidentally kill but don't really care too much about.

In the Safari Zone, I catch a female Dodue I name Tinn + Tam and I head south to Mt.Pyre where I catch a female shuppet I name Sorrows.

Drome the Loudred and Steelbadger the Rhyhorn evolve while I whip team Aqua and the ghost trainers littering the mountain.

Red Orb get.

Current Team

Drome the Exploud - lvl 43 Female
    - Crunch, Strength, Screech, Rock Blast.

Steelbadger the Rhydon - lvl 44 Female
    - Drill run, Smack down, Stone edge, Iron tail

Tarsal the Gardevoir - lvl 47 Male
    - Psychic, Dazzling Gleam,Calm mind, Magical Leaf

Omentwo the Machamp - lvl 41 Male
    - Fire punch, rock tomb, dual chop, Wake-up slap

Vira the Alakazam - lvl 45 Female
    - Psychic, reflect, Calm mind, Psybeam

Lutrisia the Fletchinder - lvl 34 Female
    - Quick attack, Agility, Fly, Ember

In Hades
    Lord Raven the Taillow
    Omet the Wingull
    Poytin the Beautifly
    Aekiel the Numel
    TeemDee the Numel
    Mattsilver the sandshrew
    Mattsilver 2.0 the clauncher

In daycare

LT2000 the Linoone
    Jon the Swablu

Boxed

Vlad the Zubat
    Ollie King the Linoone
    Minless the Numel
    Luvdisc the Shitheap
    Thaumologist the Volbeat
    Octopus the Electrike
    Jar7zok the Tropius
    Tinn + Tam the Doduo
    Sorrows the Shuppet

Guys, I think I'm overlevelled. >_>

9. Oment

Yes you are. Those levels are what I went into the Groudon fight with on my last OR run.

There has been a casualty in my run, by the way. Place your bets now for the victim.

10. Seratin

High Score:
    Thing is, I haven't exactly been grinding apart from Steelbadger and that was just to get him up to scratch. :/

I just haven't been dodging trainers.

Also, it's Seratin. It's always Seratin.

Unless it's Mattsilver because lol.

11. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Fuck yeah, SEAKIIIIIING!

12. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Pokemon Fire Omega, you say?

This actually looks pretty interesting. I fiddle around with the controls a bit so I can actually play on my mangled laptop, and then run through the pregame. The game prompts me to name my rival Green. I dismiss the suggestion and give him his true name: Blue.

Let’s see, my options for starters are Smoochum, Magby and Elekid. Jynx freaks me out and I have better fire pokemon to capture than Magmar, so I snag Jan the Elekid. Blue picks Smoochum, challenges me, and goes down.

Blah, blah, running parcels. I run into a Sentret and a female Nidoran in Route 1, instead of the usual Pidgeys and Rattatas, raising my hopes of nabbing a Nidoran before Brock.

Errands complete, I step into the Route 1 grass to get a … Pidgey. Ugh. I name it Manasi and resign myself to some hard leveling before Brock. A level 2 Ponyta pops up in the grass. I shed a single tear as I send it to the netherworld.

Next is Route 2, and I encounter a Shroomish. She nearly murders my Elekid with poison, but we emerge victorious with Vira, a permanent team member. She’s going to be hella useful in early game and great for capturing once she learns Spore. I talk to a woman just before Viridian Forest, who promptly gives me a motherfucking Treecko. What. I can’t use it, and I’ll never love it as much as Vira anyway, so I box it and move on.

I grab Delphine the Oddish at the beginning of the Viridian Forest and then head south-west to Route 20 to pick up Beruru the Skitty. I’ve never trained a Skitty before. I guess it’ll be good fodder?

I vaguely remember Blue being this way and I feel under leveled until I see he only has two pokemon. Jan one-shots his Zubat. The Smoochum comes out. He’s the same level as my Elekid. I’ve got this. I quick attack him twice. The Smoochum heals with a fucking Oran berry. I do not got this. I get a leer off, before Jan’s approaching death. The still weakened Beruru goes out, only to die in one hit. I stare at my remaining team for a moment, before sending out Oddish, and using the one turn it lives to heal Jan. Jan goes back out and hits once with quick attack before being sent to the verge of death, but it’s not enough. The Smoochum won’t die from another one of those. I hit quick attack anyway, and RNGesus smiles on me with a crit. I’m safe.

The team’s down to Jan, Vira and Manasi now, and Manasi’s severely underleveled. I get her up to speed by crushing my way through the Viridian forest and then head into Pewter. The mod placed some grass in the city, which yields a Swablu. It’s fluffy and adorable, so I name it Zenzao. May it never encounter a Smoochum.

A woman at the entrance to the city gives me a Torchic, while a woman in the pokemon center gives me a Mudkip. I tearfully box them. The grass in the city yields level ten Swablus, Nosepasses and Slakoths, compared to the previous lower level areas. Vira rapidly reaches level 16 and learns Mega Drain. Jan and Zenzao also get a bit of training in, with Jan learning Karate Chop.

I one shot my way through the gym trainer and Brock’s first couple pokemon, when he throws out a Vulpix. I immediately withdraw Vira and send Zenzao to deal with it. The Vulpix continuously swaps between confuse ray and hypnosis, while I swap pokemon until I finally, finally beat it. Vira handles the rest with contemptuous ease.

I level Zenzao on the trainers on the next route, getting Boone the Electrike and Lyrium the Paras. Jan learns Thunder Punch and rolls through Mt. Moon, where I pick the Dome Fossil. I'm starting to wonder when Jan will evolve. It doesn’t escape my notice that I still have nothing to deal with a Jynx.

In Cerulean, I heal and then head North to train a bit before facing Misty. Blue appears. Oh fuck. His Golbat and Abra go down easily enough, with the Abra only knowing teleport. That’ll change and become more of a pain once it evolves. Then Smoochum comes out. We meet again. It's level 21. I'm level 21. It has Ice Punch. I have Thunder Punch. It look like an easy victory, as I punch it down to almost no health in two hits, while it takes me to about a third. I’m faster, so this is fine. Then its Sitrus berry kicks in. I swap Jan out for Lyrium, letting Blue one-shot the Paras. Boone goes in next, and dies to heal Jan. Jan’s back in. I can do this. I hit it once. It hits me and crits. Jan’s down. The Smoochum one shots the rest of my pokemon.

The end.

Killed by Smoochum:
    Beruru the Skitty, lvl 5
    Delphine the Oddish, lvl 9
    Lyrium the Paras, lvl 15
    Boone the Electrike, lvl 9
    Jan the Elekid, lvl 21
    Zenzao the Swablu, lvl 19
    Manasi the Pidgey, lvl 14
    Vira the Shroomish, lvl 20

[​IMG]

13. TMD

TMD High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Oh. My. God. You can pick Magby as a starter in that ROM?

Yeah I need to hurry up and beat Platinum because Magmortar is my literally my #1 fav pokemon.

14. Seratin

High Score:
    Yeah it's currently my favourite ROM. I'm desperate to destroy Ruby so I can play it through with a Nuzlocke.

15. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

Fire Red Omega is a Gen 3 hack lol. There is no Magmortar or Electivire.

16. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

GDI, I forgot Electivire is a Gen 4 Pokemon. In other news, there's a bit of grass in Viridian City that occasional spawns Houndours. Get ready, Blue.

17. Oment

Cycling Road - Hearthome

After last time’s miraculous escape, I feel kind of high on life and proceed to go on without going back to heal, sweeping through the rest of the trainers until the very last one. The fights aren’t hard, but they do wear my Pokémon down, and it is a battered team that engages with the last trainer.

I think every single one of us who has ever played DPPt can attest to the seething hatred that accompanies seeing a Garchomp. People who’ve played any Pokémon at all - though randomised runs moreso - can attest to the annoyance of facing the Charmander line, the Dratini line, Gyarados, the Gible line, or the Axew line in the late teens and early twenties level-wise. This is because this is when they know Dragon Rage and you generally don’t have the HP yet to tank more than one of them.

I think you know where this is heading.

Naeblis is literally the only Pokémon on my team on 41hp or more. (Seratin was actually sitting pretty at 40.) and all but Seratin die to two Dragon Rage, guaranteed. I also have only one Super Potion, and I pause the emulator, making myself a cup of tea while I figure out what to do.

Minion is my most realistic chance of beating it through Aurora Beam, but he is the lead Pokémon on 19 health. I have to switch. After that, I will have to heal Minion, hope Aurora Beam crits, and… I don’t have a plan beyond that. All that’s standing between me and elimination is a hilariously small chance. Naeblis dies to the dragon’s wrath. Minion is switched in, and Garchomp.. Misses a Take Down. Aurora Beam doesn’t crit, but it takes out over 60 %, and the next attack is irrelevant.

Apparently, AI derping was also an option. Not going to lie, I should have died here.

I bury Naeblis with full honours, heal back up, and dive into the route 206 grass after adding 10 Super Potions to my inventory.

I find a Pokémon that this generation has been very kind to. It gained a (temporarily exclusive) new Ability, and just the physical/special split made its moveset work way better. Please welcome hopefully not-going-to-die-an-ignoble-death Aekiel the Hitmonchan. Yes, he has Iron Fist, though the Bold nature is pretty much bottom tier. Oh well. We go back and heal, restock on enslaving devices (fucking 45 Catch Rate), and prepare to sweep through the trainers on lower route 206 and head into Wayward Cave.

Legendaries abound on this route: Entei and Zapdos here. The former are free experience because Minion says no to Roar, but the latter is a problem because literally my entire team is weak to its types. Luckily, Drome comes with built-in self-sustain thanks to Synthesis, and Peck isn’t that strong. It also seems to be rare, and Lairon are the main diet on this route. Mach Punching ensues.

I teach Flash to Zenzao and head into the Wayward Cave. I kill off a Rayquaza – there is no way I am going to be able to catch that without Sleep or Paralysis and better walls than I already have – and move deeper into the cave, showing me that I could have also found Flareon, Marowak, Blaziken, Onix… Good experience at least. Time to fight all the trainers in here with the second escort mission in tow.

Mira, I am not sure why you need my help. You have a fucking Azelf. A fucking level 26 Azelf. Sure, there’s a Collector with a Jirachi here as well, and a Lass with a Ho-Oh, but still. Paired with this, and with the amazing experience bags in here, I spend so much time in the cave that it is night when I come out. And it being night means I have a date in the Old Chateau. Call it one part curiosity and two parts a chance for a guaranteed level 20 Pokémon.

The curiosity part is because Rotom gets the Legendary music in regular Platinum, and I was wondering what the randomiser would do with that. I was guessing it was going to be a regular Pokémon, but…

[yt]ZuXI7qcNsHQ[/yt]

Yeah. Zenzao, Teleport me the fuck away, I am not fighting the Creator with this team if I can help it. Knowing my luck, it’s going to show up later anyway. On to Mt. Coronet, which I enter after Dawn gives me goodies.

This. Fucking. Run. Seriously. First encounter inside? Palkia. That’s three Legendaries this update as potential catches that I am just not going to bother with. Aekiel joins Vira in the ‘killed a Palkia’ club. On the way out, I find Houndoom, Glalie, Beldum, and Sharpedo. Game? At least route 208 is a lot kinder, providing me with a Pokémon I can actually catch. Please welcome GLaDOS the Porygon-Z. It comes with a free Nasty Plot.

Sadly, Seratin is relegated to box duty, for now. I’m sure there’ll be casualties soon. At this rate, update after next.

GlaDOS goes on a murder spree of all available trainers, helped by Minion (two peas in a pod, those), and it ends with Fantina’s weak team of Staravia, Sentret, and Dunsparce falling to a +2 SpA artificial Pokémon and Barry’s Torterra, Voltorb, Corsola, and Marshtomp falling to a +4 SpA artificial Pokémon.

Mad cackling is heard throughout Hearthome.

Party:
    Minion
    the Octillery, L27, M. BubbleBeam, Constrict, Psybeam, Aurora Beam.
    Vira the Seaking, L26, F. Peck, Horn Attack, Supersonic, Water Pulse.
    Zenzao the Xatu, L25, M. Peck, Night Shade, Confuse Ray, Teleport.
    Drome the Meganium, L25, F. Cut, Razor Leaf, Synthesis, Poisonpowder.
    Aekiel the Hitmonchan, L25, M. Rock Smash, Pursuit, Mach Punch, Bullet Punch.
    GLaDOS the Porygon-Z, L27. Nasty Plot, Psybeam, Agility, Recover.

Reserve squad:
    Seratin the Hariyama, L22, M. SmellingSalt, Rock Smash, Sand Attack, Vital Throw.

Bereft of life:
    Republic
    the Larvitar, L5, M. Have a mint, Giratina, please.
    Zeelthor the Glalie, L18, M. Ice did not suffice.
    Naeblis the Typhlosion, L21, M. Thanks for glitching the Matrix for me so that the run may continue.

Legendaries encountered: 8 (23 total)

Seratin, you were half right after all. You were half a casualty. ;)

18. Alindrome

Alindrome A bigger, darker mark DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Drome's Randomiser Nuzlocke - Part II

Nuit has the right of it - it's http://artemis251.fobby.net/downloads/emerald/. If you want to know more about it, the readme on the website has some excellent documentation.

Last Time:
    =======

<< Previous || Part II || Next >>

Part II - The Mastery Over Balls
    ==================

[​IMG]
    Part II begins with this fantastic deal! Did I mention that all the trades were randomised too? Hmm, yes, let me just fetch that spare Rayquaza I have laying around.

[​IMG]

Outside of Rustboro, we pick up TMD the Ice-Water Torkoal - the white cloud must be condensation, since he's pretty cool. TMD has pickup, which is interesting: the items that pickup generates are also randomised, so this might just get a little weird. Hopefully we get something good though, and not just more pokeblock ingredients.

[​IMG]

After much grinding, Seratin evolves! Dayumn son, you just get more and more awesome looking. Seratin's not my favourite to use since he doesn't have much offensive power, but there's no denying his might as a wall. Attacks glance off him, so hopefully when he learns a more useful move than a 40 attack power rock move we'll be in the money.

[​IMG]

In Rusturf tunnel Oment the Normal-Psychic Starmie joins the pack. Oment looks rather pretty in purple, and knows the most OP moveset known to man. 100% sleep chance, 100% confusion chance, and blizzard to top it all off. Oh, I'm going to enjoy this.

MattSilver swept Roxanne largely by himself, and so it's off we go. [One badge down.]

[​IMG]

Um. So, remember that little detail about pickup's item list being randomised? Well... turns out TMD picks up master balls. Yup. That's a thing that just happened.

Well I'll never be missing a catch again.

[​IMG]

Onto Dewford, and Gizmore the Steel-type Mareep is the first lurker to leap out of the cave. Weirdly steel type, because he's red and yellow. Into the reserves you go, Gizmore.

[​IMG]

Now that we've reached Dewford, we've got our first fishing rod and with it a few new spots to get Pokemon from. Poytin, the Grass-type Pineco joins the party as we fish off the coast of the island and drag its soggy arse out of the water. Naturally, Poytin's ability is suction cups - because there's so much room for suction on a Pokemon with no limbs and a hard shell.

[​IMG]

Further up the coast is Fontisian the Rock-Dark Cleffa. Aww. So cute! I'm binning you.

[​IMG]

Brawly dies to a combination of Oment's status insanity and Matt dicking him over. Maybe I've just been grinding too much, but my gym battles haven't been particularly noteworthy so far - I'm honestly hoping that won't change. Two badges down.

[​IMG]

Before we end this part it's time to backtrack to Petalburg, where we catch Zenzao the Water-Poison Gligar through fishing.

My team's looking pretty stacked: now that TMD is at the same level as the rest of the team, he's starting to really shine. In addition to keeping us stocked with master balls, he's got the best type coverage of anyone and is a bit of a powerhouse to go with it. He can one-shot a Deoxys and carry on rolling. The whole team is great: Oment shines all over with fantastic support coverage, Seratin backs us up with his tanky stats, and MattSilver is a great sweeper. Things are looking pretty positive!

Join us next time, when Nuzlocke evilness inevitably rears its head. ;)

----

Team:
    • Seratin the Dark-type Kadabra
    • Cheddar, the Rock-Type Vulpix
    • MattSilver, the Water-Ghost Combusken
    • Oment the Normal-Psychic Starmie
    • TMD the Ice-Water Torkoal
    • Poytin, the Grass-type Pineco

Bench:
    • Vira, the Fire-Type Swablu
    • Ollie, the Water-Poison Poliwag
    • Gizmore the Steel-type Mareep
    • Fontisian the Rock-Dark Cleffa
    • Zenzao the Water-Poison Gligar

<< Previous || Part II || Next >>

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
  19. TMD

TMD High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I've never been as cool as an Ice-Water Torkoal. Don't you dare let me die Drome.

20. Poytin

Poytin The Arby's Hipster DLP Supporter

I'm intensely curious if my evolution will add a typing or if I'll stay as a pure grass type.

Also decided that Drome's Nuzlocke looked fun. Decided to try it. Choices for starters were a Whismur, a meditite... and this.

[​IMG]

I decide to roll the dice since it will only know one move until it evolves.

It knows Camouflage.

I will post later with second attempt.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016