1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt #7

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Citrus, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

The way you were quoting people int the last hours made it seem like you were catching up with the thread.
    That was what i was waiting you to finish with.

2. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    [​IMG]
    Snowvon look at the post count.

3. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

The thing is .. I would like to be certain on Newcomb today.

If there is a priest running around then the witches inclined to target them.
    There is a nurse in this game and giving the gravedigger an extra life is reall precious to keep the flow of information going.

But the only way we should do that is if we are fairly certain that he is town.

That is the main reason i want to see him sweat.

In the Newcomb!town world winning is fairly easy/likely, but there are signs that make me doubt him a bit.

4. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    If I finish up, then I'll go seek out something else to analyze or wrap my head around. Our work is never done until the game is over. That's when we hopefully stop procrastinating for a little bit, and do more productive irl work.

5. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Yes - please look at the postcount. You are 2nd best.

Sure being the best behind the best is somewhat of an achievement, but true glory can only be achieved through spam.

---------- Post automerged at 01:54 ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 ----------

I envy you. You still have hope.

6. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    If I'm being truly honest, notes are going to take awhile. It might be better for you to get your rest. Then again, I don't know if I'm going go all post-whore on everyone here. I don't want them people to get overly confused with my multiple contradicting and complicated streams of thought.

7. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Are you trying to make me go to bed just so you can try to challenge my glorious post domination?

Doesn't work with automerge! You need me. (or anyone else) to be around for your devious plan to work out.

8. Miner

Miner Order Member

I'm back for a little while.

Oh. Thought there was an acolyte, since there was one the first time around? I believe?

Trying to go through your points one by one...

When I say you were townier than tom, I don't mean you're town. I mean, you're both scummy to me, it's just that fmpov you gave off less scum vibes than tom did.

And I realize that it's totally possible that you (and I guess tom) could be town trying to scumhunt by putting pressure on random people.

I checked you over tom because based on yesterday it was more likely that people would go for you than tom. Especially with your whole interaction with Waco. tom was MIA for EOD and said he wasn't going to be around, so even if I got a "not holy" people wouldn't likely lynch someone who wasn't around.

If that doesn't make sense then I'm just playing the game wrong.

I never said Newcomb was confirmed town. What? I merely said that if Newcomb was scum, that's kind of crucial information I'd like to know ASAP, because he's my strongest townread.

As for how I got to that townread, well, I'm comparing the two games that I played with him, although one of those was mimefia.

He just played completely differently. I dunno if it was just because mimefia was a weird setup, but his scumplay in that game was totally different than his townplay in Concussion mafia. And iiRC in Concussion mafia he was doing the whole quoting + reads thing that he's been doing throughout this game. Remember, I read him as town based on a comparison of him in mimefia versus him in Concussion mafia. It's not the best read in the world (and if you could link me to a different scum game of his then that would be nice too), but from the games I played with him, in my eyes, this is town Newcomb. And if I'm wrong I'd like to know that.

Please note, I do NOT think he's town because he's apprentice. I realize that all roles (save the holy ones (one?)), can be rolled by either scum or town.

9. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    haha,

I can lend you some hope if you want, though with shipping and handling the fee might be a little much. Emailing hope hasn't been successful in previous attempts, but i'm sure if you believe a little bit it will get to you soon enough.

Here are rates that I know of right now:

Hope by Smoke Signal is generally free of charge.

Hope by Email is Problematic costs about a dollar.

Hope by Mail varies from country to country depending on shipping charges, I think the minimum is $5, but that's more from a state to state charge so overseas could be so much more.

Hope by phone call is depends on your service provider, but if you call in the next few moments I can hopefully get you a sweeter deal.

1 800 PHO HOPE

That's
    1 800 746 4673.

10. Miner

Miner Order Member

Nevermind, misread "Apprentice" as "Acolyte" the first time around. oops.

---------- Post automerged at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------
    owner is that vietnamese pho?

11. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    I wouldn't dream of it, but now that you mention it...it does sound rather nice.

[​IMG]

12. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

If you have just a little bit of time to spare, could you tell what you are talking about here?

Drawing blanks and I have no idea what happened between Waco and myself that you could be referring to.

Everything else you said is ok for me .. but that makes me curious.

13. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    I have no idea. Just to be safe; don't call it. (cause I don't know what it goes to)

14. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

I somehow screwed up the modbot thing in the MU game I'm hosting... the modbot doesn't know the game is actually going or something. After I figure out how to fix it I'll catch up on this game.
    Jan from this morning though, you only answered my Snowvon thing and not the more important question. If you think what I got on Vira's like 4 actual posts was underwhelming, that implies you got more out of it. So like, dazzle me.

15. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

The last time someone tried to make me believe I was promised a Mamoswine.

I am still waiting for that one and not sure if I can make another commitment.

---------- Post automerged at 02:25 ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 ----------

I don't care about Viras post.

It is about viras interactions with other people.
    Read how owner talks to vira. very unlikely to be scum buddies.

You could get me as town, but you don't trust me regardles of your alignment.

I dislike the fact that you brought up some things when going through the thread d1 (regarding vira) and forgot about them AFTER you got her as confirmed scum.
    Will look up the owner thing that i think is not w/w gimme a moment.

16. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    *is tempted to make a cake joke*

17. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Long post 173

Short question 219

Owner is teasing Vira a lot in those posts to an extend I personally don't see as w/w. (that was before there was pressure on vira)

It also made me read that again :
    If vira is a witch then she did not even dispute it, she just didn't want to get burned.

---------- Post automerged at 02:54 ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 ----------

Other stuff got in a way and I couldn't gif respond in time.

[​IMG]

18. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    I just found a new spot where I can waste my time.

19. Miner

Miner Order Member

Jan I fucked up. It was fonti not you who had the whole "Waco you're a witch because you called tom's vote an omgus when it wasn't an omgus."

owner Aw. I was hungry. Pho is good.

tom

How ya doin bud? Finished work yet? I'd like to continue our d1 conversation.

20. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Keke .. I was wondering where that was coming from.