1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TinyHunt #7

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Newcomb, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Yes.

I think so.

I can be wrong on kai, but as always most people don't care about commenting anyway.

You know there is exactly 1 scum alive right now.

You think n1, they make a dob read on me because of the stuff mathblade thought?
    Do you think mathblade says :
    "Jan is refering to Donald Trump here. Donald Trump is a dirty old basterd, Jan is DoB."

And Kai says "Yes Mathblade. Jan has never talked about anything Trump related in any of the games he played before. You have to be right."

I don't think that happens.
    The only way he is scum is because they had more reasons to believe that I am DoB. I know there is 1-2 out there .. but I think Mathblades posting makes it unlikely.

---------- Post automerged at 22:23 ---------- Previous post was at 22:21 ----------

I can see Waco being town.

I can see Kai being town.

I know I am town.

2. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I think that either you are scum or the scum had to not be there n1 to make the decision.

3. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

A part of me is considering not claiming, being lynched and hoping that scum just fucks up the soup between the last handful of people.

I think that should have happened instead of a fluff claim.

I am not sure if it is good if we just go down and let everyone claim.

I just dislike this play a lot.

But then again you started it with your fakeclaim on jari .. go see it through and be the hero this town deserves.

I will claim or not claim .. whatever you ask me to do.

---------- Post automerged at 22:30 ---------- Previous post was at 22:29 ----------

I want to mention that I was on the 4th slot on both scum wagons.

Damn. I am that good.

4. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Still waiting on Q and Waco to confirm they aren't the gambler. Then, we'll have Kai's claim.

5. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Vote Count 3.2

Jarizok (2): Regfan, Snowvon
    The Waco Kid (1): Jarizok
    his fluffiness (1): fontisian

Abstaining: Jan, KaiDASH, Koalas, The Waco Kid, Quiddity, Typhon, his fluffiness

With 12 votes alive, it will be 7 to soft lynch, and 9 to hard lynch.

Day 3 ends in 52 hours

6. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Waco ramps up the content a bit in his latests 50 posts. 32 of them are content in spoiler and I've taken some out to illustrate my case as so let's say 10 of his last 50 posts are fluff. Out of those 32 content posts I've put in the spoiler, NOT A SINGLE ONE is an independent read, unless you count 2 readwalls without any additional information and his votecount reread with himself highlighted as "a leading voice in the Math lynch" which really only shows that he's been stuck on Math since post #53 of the game or something (strategy much?). Every single content post is drawn from connections with Miner/Math. It's of course not unreasonable to be playing with worldbuilding and interactions of known scum, but Waco hasn't done anything else all game. He has not been looking for scum. He's been bussing his teammates to build up towncred and he's been trying to link townies to them (most noticeably now-townfirmed!Reg to Math) and casting shade at people for how we've been voting on Miner/Math. I've never seen a case of TMI so strong. Math's been playing this game as if he's been 100% of the scumteam all along and all his actions from the start have been geared around that. If you guys can't see it I'm not sure what more I can give you.

So apart from all of the content in the spoiler, the only non-fluff posts Waco's had are these "I'm seeing things you're not" "[Redacted]" "No I won't clarify" like posts, some more posts about how Reg is scum because Reg attacked him on inconsistencies in his Math/Miner push preferences, which Reg was 100% spot on about, and
    this shade at Reg's slot.

He's setting up the pretence of having reads and he'll have something to point back at later and say: "See, I saw scumminess in X there." Of course the game's too far gone for this to work because there's not gonna be any more lynches that he can pretend were succesfull the next day, any lynch from this point on is a guaranteed mislynch since both his partners are already dead.

I would like to leave you with this

^ This so much ^

---------- Post automerged at 22:57 ---------- Previous post was at 22:51 ----------

It may take you a minute to read the above post, or maybe 20 or so, so I'll give you the TL;DR:

Regfan gets Town MVP for being on point with his read on Waco's wishywashy preference for lynching Math over Miner or the other way around.

Waco's play is completely centred around getting towncred for voting his scumbuds. He's been trying to tie townies to them while they go down, but he hasn't posted a single individual read all game. All he's done is 1) throw vague shade at targets of opportunity, 2) post [Redacted] so he could later point back at it and say he HAD individual reads and 3) get defensive when people question his scummy behavior.

---------- Post automerged at 22:58 ---------- Previous post was at 22:57 ----------

*mic drop*

7. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    vote Waco

Can't see KaiDASH faking yesterdays meme reaction. Jan is a maybe, but I'm not sure Mathbkade gives up a soup that easily.

8. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

I mean, yeah, Waco is in the top 2 for most independently scummy players. I don't think anyone is denying that.

But like, this is sort of the same thing as Snow and Reg were pointing out to me on Fluff - I'm not sure that I get the game plan of them coming out the gate in such a way that they were pretty much guaranteed to be the wagons D2 and that Waco was down to soup N1.

It's possible he's doing that on purpose to fuck with reads, either as a hail mary or as a "he wasn't here for Math goofing N1 so it happened without him and he was planning to bus them into the ground for towncred D2".

Don't get me wrong, I think Waco is 100% in the claim pool, but I'm not sure this is anything approaching a lock case.

---------- Post automerged at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

Also, I stand by that I literally think we have to find the scum here. We're /way/ too outed to risk a mislynch.

9. Jarizok

You don't have to 100% convinced, you just have to convinced enough to support going for Waco's role claim before anyone else's if he's scum it'll show. Simple as that.

10. Quiddity

High Score:
    The Mathblade soup on Jan, baring a Jan!scum requires fellow scum that aren't assertive/active enough to shout them down. That seems to fit Wacos play for me: he's never driven anyone the way even Jan has. KaiDASH also fits, but his reaction EoD2 is too genuine for me to ship it.

11. Jarizok

Wow, I apparently decided that breaking things up into sentences is for newbs. Sorry, my hype gets away from me sometimes

12. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Just Waco now.

Then Kai. And maybe Jan.

13. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Yeah, okay, fine with that. If Waco isn't the gambler, I'm fine with him claiming next.

---------- Post automerged at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

I just... this day has progressed so oddly.

14. Koalas

High Score:
    Typhon. Kai is next. My order is there for Reasons.

15. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

>waiting for Kai to post

why this

16. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Okay. You go on the list of people that I'm blaming for this nonsense if we throw this, but god knows we don't need to make anything else any more explicit than it is.

Kai first it is.

17. Jarizok

Typhon agreed with your order? He said if Waco's not gonna CC fluff he should claim. Kai after that if necesary. All is good with the world.

---------- Post automerged at 23:49 ---------- Previous post was at 23:48 ----------

W8 whaaaaat, no, not Kai first. Waco first.

18. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Kai and Waco both, I suppose. But yeah. And here I thought I'd be reading the QTs by 22:00CST yesterday. :p

19. Koalas

High Score:
    Waco checks in. Then Kai claims. Then Jan. Then, maybe Waco. Come on peoplease.

20. Quiddity

High Score:
    I really, really don't like how this day has gone. I think we'd have solved it without a massclaim, and there wouldn't have been nearly so much risk.

If we are going down the list though, it might be worth putting KaiDASH up alongside, given the wait we might be forced to endure otherwise.