1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Stardew Valley Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Jan 16, 2017.

1. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I know I'm probably just locking you in on your ridiculous me/fonti team.
    But... are you really just gonna read one level deep forever?
    And use meta when convenient and ignore it when not?

I'm not convinced yours is a scummy wrongheadedness, but work with me here.

2. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

So yes different is a part but it is a TINY part.
    If everyone got a scumread for "being different" I would be the only player here. I frequently get mislynched because "different" than others. I will always bring more of a case than that because of it.

---------- Post automerged at 23:01 ---------- Previous post was at 23:00 ----------

I am using meta always. Your meta here doesn't show a shred of Town FMPOV. If you think it should try again. However I detest town tells so keep that in mind.
    Why would I work with scum?

3. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Well I do have fake reads. As per usual. I'm all about provoking reactions.
    I flaunted them more this game because of ayaw, and it was probably a mistake but what's done is done.
    And the rest of the reads were real, even if I slacked off on explaining them.
    You're welcome to ask about any of them.

4. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Do a read wall of real reads please. No fake shit.

5. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I have dropped no town tells.
    I am completely within both my scum and town range.
    That is fact.

My meta should tell you I am null.
    See thug, jan, and several other people's reads of "i could shrug lynch tom"

That is the best I can ever do.

You are scumreading my playstyle. As is miner.
    Stop it.

---------- Post automerged at 23:17 ---------- Previous post was at 23:09 ----------

Sure. I'm at something like:

thug-fluffy-quid
    delph-jan-math-cobalt
    vaimes-foxy-dlgn-fonti-waco-jari
    typh
    miner

Way too many in gray. But yeah.

6. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

So in other words you are actively choosing to not help Town. Your play is scummy as fuck the defense of a Fonti and the stuff I mentioned above you lied about which reads are fake I don't know where you stand on anything and you want me to not vote you because "playstyle".

If someone doesn't help Town they are scum or a scumbeard.

---------- Post automerged at 23:18 ---------- Previous post was at 23:18 ----------

Yeah no. Those reads are shit. You still scum.

7. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I think you meant to say "If someone doesn't help Town" in a way I like

Why are my reads shit?

---------- Post automerged at 23:28 ---------- Previous post was at 23:23 ----------

Well now you know where I stand on everything.
    Blue is would be shocked if scum.
    Green probably town.
    Gray is either not enough info or too much conflicting info (von/fonti)
    Typh is sort of just faking bravado.
    Miner hasn't tried to solve anyone.

Which of those is wrong?

8. Delphine

Delphine First Year

Fixed that for you!

9. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Delph!
    You're town apparently.
    Why jarizok?

10. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Miner is solving.
    Typhon is town!Typhon annoyed at his shit wagon and I agree.

Fonti/Vaimes are scum.

My standards for D1 are pretty low. It is just help Town.

---------- Post automerged at 23:37 ---------- Previous post was at 23:37 ----------

I am going to bed.

11. Delphine

Delphine First Year

I can tell.

12. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I agree typh is annoyed.
    I even agree vaimes/font could totally be scum.
    Would love to see some evidence of miner solving rather than looking to lynch people.

Sleep well tho.

13. Delphine

Delphine First Year

The first 200 posts in this game are by far the most important to him, and yet he doesn't keep his facts straight on them very well. He overemphasizes von's statements on fluff being town to demonize him. He kinda wrote his early dLGN suspicion out of all that early context and has this Story about how the Big Bad Fonti and Vaimes Were Weird about Fluff and Then Fonti Outted You And Herself By Changing Her Vote Off Of Typhon In Post 106. He blatantly admits that he started hyperbole-ing about how much content Typhon had posted/how strong the case was against Typhon that fonti et al. totes had. He has these long-winded arguments that are predicated on the fact that you are simultaneously ~completely null~ and ~confirmed scum~.

I also think he's very Under the Radar for how unfortunate his focus has been so far.

---------- Post automerged at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 PM ----------

I'd lynch at least half the game before fonti, just saying.

14. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I do remember thinking his "this is bussing" read on fonti/me was strange.

What do you think of miner?

15. Delphine

Delphine First Year

There's not anything I'd like to add re: him, but you're welcome to search for his name in my iso.

---------- Post automerged at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

On the subject of things that people are welcome to look up themselves, Miner CrimsonFox plays on MafiaUniverse.

16. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Really I was just looking for "yes I would join a miner cfd" but point taken.

Isoing is so bad on this site though.

---------- Post automerged at 00:22 ---------- Previous post was at 00:07 ----------

Ok, I've isoed you.
    You are now more than "apparently town"
    I think I told you when we were scumbuddies that you had zero chill.
    And you're pretty cool here.

I think you've got miner approximately where I've got jarizok.
    I guess I'd lynch either. Certainly over me or fonti.

---------- Post automerged at 00:38 ---------- Previous post was at 00:22 ----------

Ok, well if no one is here I'm gonna try to get some sleep.
    By which I mean get high and watch drop dead diva until I drift off.

Perhaps that way I'll wake up early and be able to be here for a little bit before work.
    Mobile only after 9 am PST tomorrow. "Price is Right" live. Should be a super weird day.

17. Delphine

Delphine First Year

I wonder how I ended up in your top four most town reads before you bothered to read my posts.

---------- Post automerged at 01:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 AM ----------

Can't fault you for trying to sweet talk me though.

18. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Well, unordered within the tiers so top 7, but probably above cobalt anyway.
    You're top 4 now though. Even better upon careful reading than vague inpressions.

And yes I would love you to townread me.
    My pocket is very comfortable. And catered.

19. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I found the phrasing really weird. You'd just been called out on focusing too much on fonti - which I agreed with - and you claimed that you'd not talked about her at all.

This struck me as overly defensive, going over the top in trying to rebut something you were being pressured for.

Which you double down on in this quote. Care to explain?

Not even close to caught up.

---------- Post automerged at 05:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 AM ----------

Okay, Typhon is town.

He's making really really awful cases. See my Snowvon case critique for honestly the exact same riposte, Typhon. But he's doing it earnestly enough, and with such a tone of "what is going wrong this game" (which spirals him into paranoia, unfortunately) that I can't see this coming from scum.

---------- Post automerged at 05:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 AM ----------

That makes me

Delphine-Cobalt-Mal (Lock)
    fluff-Von-Typhon-fonti

Jan/miner/Waco

Corrdorr-Jarizok-dLGN
    Math-tom

I'm kinda surprised I remembered everyone in the game. /not caught up

---------- Post automerged at 05:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 AM ----------

A) image broken
    B) don't be uncharitable, he clearly meant at the time you posted.

---------- Post automerged at 05:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 AM ----------

I see fluff made that point already. Wow fonti is weird in that exchange.

God almighty, how many posts do you have per page that page 5 is still singing? 10? How can you possibly play that way?

---------- Post automerged at 05:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 AM ----------

Dammit all my posts are merging, I'm in the Jarizok postzone :(

---------- Post automerged at 06:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 AM ----------

Honestly, CrimsonFox stays where Corrdorr was for now. Not happy with their attitude.

---------- Post automerged at 06:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 AM ----------

I feel like no one really pointed out just how bad this post is, in its context. Fonti pointed out the change in tone away from his earlier blaise "I should be lynched before fonti' to self-preservation, but it's more than that.

Tom jumps on miner after Jan makes a case against him. Then, he gives a read wall

Which puts miner slap bang at the bottom. Searching posts is a bitch on this, but I couldn't find anything else with a miner read, so it looks to all come down after Jan's post. Charitably, perhaps he'd been thinking that for a while.

Waco is criticizing him, so we get this

Basically, tom is trying to have his cake and eat it too. Trying to go for the straight-up "I'm self-preserving to sheep" and also retroactively turn that into their top scum read so it makes sense for them to vote them.

Those are two separate instincts, and either could work fine on its own. Combining the two is just all levels of scummy.

And like. Jan is one vote, and I think the Von one was 4 already then. There's no reason tom couldn't have led that lynch a while back. I think he was looking at the divide in the town and realising there just weren't enough willing to kill Von for that to be a viable alternative, and so wanted an alternate, saw a quick one-two with Jan as maybe offering enough momentum.

Anyway. Not sure when lynch is, but time will be limited for next 36hrs. We need to consolidate on someone. I like tom, but I'm willing to lynch anyone who I didn't have in town/lock town bloc earlier. Which is over half of the remaining wagons :banghead:

---------- Post automerged at 06:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 AM ----------

This forum has such shit smilies...

[​IMG]

I don't suppose the newly minted shadowmod can do anything about that? Eidolonic

20. CrimsonFox

CrimsonFox Muggle

The part where someone got lynched/died is usually good