1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

It's An Owners Market - Game Over!

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Regfan, Mar 23, 2017.

1. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I think anyone who wants to be elected needs a platform.

I, for example, would increase odds of watcher/tracker/tracker/cop

I read what you would propose, and while it would be an excellent set of roles for tomorrow, you leave out that it's only increasing percentage. I'm maximizing the stronger information roles, assuming we will get at most 2-3 of them.

Agree completely that watcher is top top tier btw. Don't want to say much, but yeah. Does some really great things in most permutations of this setup.

---------- Post automerged at 15:19 ---------- Previous post was at 15:07 ----------

This is a very fine platform. Bulletproof I've probably been underrating.
    And Waco is town. So...
    Elect The Waco Kid

2. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    *floats back into thread*

I'm not an employed person, but may be at the end of the week.

Instead of just re-reading Typhon, I've decided to do a double-feature and re-read Typhon and Rubicon, though not necessarily together. My post will be done by the time I go to bed. Please look forward to it.

3. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Oh. I guess I was too stuck in my fonti tunnel to notice him in any way. Ok retracted.

4. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Glad to hear it went well!

---------- Post automerged at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

I remember because he did it to me while I was stuck in my fonti tunnel. Not my proudest moment. :p

5. Miner

Miner Order Member

Guys can we take my approach with fonti? Much less stress

6. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Ok but why would scumRubicon need to make up a reason to townread Vira?
    Actually no. You want to leave this thing alone.

Your read was reachy, and you didn't want to talk about it anymore, and haven't actually used that interaction to do anything.
    Lynch Typhon

---------- Post automerged at 15:32 ---------- Previous post was at 15:30 ----------

(tom/koalas still not w/w)

---------- Post automerged at 15:33 ---------- Previous post was at 15:32 ----------

No u
    /ten

---------- Post automerged at 15:33 ---------- Previous post was at 15:33 ----------

Holy crap I'm caught up.

7. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Thank you. You've been building to a vote that was always inevitable for ages, I appreciate you just pulling the trigger on it.

8. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Typhon

I think I understand you now.

You expected me to make a particular argument about Vira based on something I said in the past. Instead I used a different argument that, the way you interpret it, you believe is too shallow to come from town-me (too scummy to be scum).

The answer is yes. The argument was shallow and her doctor post was probably less alignment-indicative than I thought. The rest of her ISO has not been good.

Also, either past-me was wrong (unthinkable) or fontisian has changed over the years. I don't think it's especially risky to challenge her, and I don't think tip-toeing around trying to avoid her notice is good scum strategy.

It's plausible that you'd expect me to say something similar here, but it's been years and I don't think that way anymore.

---------- Post automerged at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

Understanding your statement about me.

It's less obvious than you think. I was expecting something like "buddying."

---------- Post automerged at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

I can see a pro-scum one.

9. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    jan/vira/waco
    rubicon/miner
    jarizok/koalas
    cobalt/fonti/newcomb/fluff
    typhon

Jan is consistently putting himself in the thick of things. Purely town agenda, smoothness/ease, visible progression. Reactions seem genuine. He's light on his feet. A lot of these things are Jan's playstyle. But it's just added up. Especially interacting with him realtime. Jan's impressed me before, but I'm down to just let him get NKed and maybe sheep him a little. I'll hear no more of this internal tinfoiling.
    Vira I've talked about. I might argue with people that are scumreading her later, but I doubt it's relevant today.
    Waco I had only a few questions about, and he answered them well. I've liked his general approach, fluffy but still to the point. Seems reasonably attuned to game flow, and not doing much to manipulate it.
    Rubi's townie things and mindmelds have more than outweighed the question marks.
    Miner I continue to like out of his gimmick. I wish he'd kept it up though. It's a lot easier to stick to that sort of thing as town.
    Jari's probably just town. But this is where players like him and myself belong on readslists.
    Koalas is mostly gut.
    That whole null section I changed from grey to gold because of how many people I feel good about. Probably multiple lurking scum. Or I'm getting pocketed by hardworking scum again *shakes fist at Reg* *and at Newcomb* *and at fonti I think* [it happens to me a lot]
    Oh well.

Typh is my only scumread.

---------- Post automerged at 15:54 ---------- Previous post was at 15:53 ----------

I mean, yeah. It was. I knew too.

10. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Its kind of buddying? Like passive aggressive buddying. Glad there was a point at least.

11. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Koalas, you seem to be making a lot of positioning type reads.
    Do you think anything can be learned about fluffiness this way? I'm struggling.

12. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Yeah, I'm kinda approaching this place as well. I'm not entirely ready to say it amounts to nothing, but I'm also less convinced I've found something.

The original thing amounted to a question of what level you were thinking on, because when decent/experienced players fall back on pretty baseline thinking they're fairly often opportunistic scum, in my experience. I suspected you were trying to get ahead of the curve in townreading someone who was probably going to be mislynched anyway (from my experience/recollection of playing with Vira, which is a bit thin, admittedly). Matching your old thinking, or pointing out some nuance that elevated it past the baseline that is "too scummy to be scummy" (I almost wish I hadn't said that now - I had no clue how polarizing that phrase was going to be) was going to show me some vestige of what I was expecting from town Rubicon and dispel that. I didn't feel that it was particularly unfair as an expectation, because I've seen that level of play from you often.

You didn't really do that.

That said, your play since then has made me feel better about you. I won't promise you you've heard the end of this if something strikes me as off about you again, but I'm perfectly willing to accept the ping as a simple ping - instead of something that makes me honor bound to tunnel you till one of us dies - move on. There are better candidates for a lynch than you now.

---------- Post automerged at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

[​IMG]

---------- Post automerged at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

Rip, did the gif not load?

---------- Post automerged at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

Lame. Imagine finger guns, tom.

13. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I'll just watch the episode while I'm sitting here. No particularly intriguing basketball today.
    Which of the inactive/people we're waiting on are you most interested in?
    Just Newcomb so you can talk to him, or someone else?

14. Koalas

High Score:
    As in wall position reads -> figuring out fluff by proxy?

15. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    More like, the way people are positioning themselves within the game. But, like, anything to get a read on HF that isn't "well he's being himself I guess. PoE forever"

16. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Lol, I might actually do the same.

And hmm. The order is probably Newcomb>Cobalt>fonti

Newcomb because we may or may not see eye to eye, but I think we think in patterns that are similar enough that we can at least have exchanges that don't feel like we're talking past one another. I trust in his ability to be a strong player and a good sounding board, and I /think/ I can read him.

Cobalt because I'm not super sure what's going on there, but I feel like he's solvable, if that makes sense? Like, he's been gone long enough now that he's going to be under significant pressure when he comes back. I think he'll do some alignment indicative things under that lens, and we'll either have someone else for the town circle or one scum down. It could shake out differently, but he's the best bet of that in the remaining two. Also, selfishly, he's been pretty understanding of my viewpoint in the past and I'd prefer to go ahead and be removed from the lynch pool.

That just leaves fontisian.

And Fluff, I guess, but he's sorta here already I guess? I really have no fucking clue of what to do but shrug lynch him on the first day that nobody has a better idea. That's really frustrating, but what are you going to do I guess.

17. Koalas

High Score:
    Not particularly. "Fluff is null/ls for lack of content" is the safest read in the game right now. Literally where everyone's at except maybe Jan. He's just on his own little island. Only interaction I'm really seeing is Jan/HF unaligned which isn't exactly groundbreaking news.

18. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I am displeased with this method of solving HF.

19. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Back from work, ready to get down after I have some dinner.

I think I need to at least re-skim up to my catchup post; I barely remember what I said, let alone why I said it. Slightly OOG but helpful for where my head's at, between then and now we had the last show, the cast party, and then striking the set. Mind's been elsewhere.

Gonna do this rapid-fire I think, with a break to eat at some point.

---------- Post automerged at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

This seems slightly more town than not because as mafia I feel like you'd feel kind of exposed saying this? Like, you'd be afraid you'd come off as "hey town don't bid a lot on the scum role so we can have it"?

Thin.

20. Koalas

High Score:
    I don't think anyone's happy about it but when all you've got is
    H + F = X there's not a lot to go on.

If you can find a non identical reaction to fluff we can hash it out.