1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #8

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Delphine

Delphine First Year

I think even if I found out Kalas was town that Vira would remain at ~never lynch for me.

This is just the most beautiful read I've ever seen

2. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    I mean certainly nice that I'm not the only one with Vira/Fonti at a higher level of town.

3. Delphine

Delphine First Year

My problem with trying to read Jarizok and Kai is that I just don't really understand where they're coming from in terms of approach to the game and so I'm kinda just glazing over even when other people give reads on them.

Back when I was meta crazy a year ago, my impression of Kai based on a one scumgame sample (he seems to barely roll it?) was that he's relatively comfortable putting buddies low in his reads/talking to and about his buddies. So I'm not sure the Vaimes/Kai unaligned read does much for me for instance except that Vaimes is pretty town.

4. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Such as...?

---------- Post automerged at 07:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 AM ----------

(Goes 2/3, not scumhunting enough), Got it... In any context if I'm with owner and Koalas here my play here was borderline game-throwing.

5. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

I don't roll scum much.

6. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

KaiDASH or others: If you could keep hunter or fanatic, which one do you keep?

7. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Given that I town read Fontisian pretty strongly now and I'm living in a world where Delphine/Miner are town most of the time I find your stance on the whole Fontisian/Miner/Rubcion early on like #383 as borderline TMI / something that has scum motivation behind it. Like I can see Scum!You thinking that Fontisian as town was making a play there about Miner rather than misreading him and you ending up with a town read on him due to it...feels like trying to get ahead of the crowd on that one. I know you mentioned that you've "Seen Fonti do something like that before' and that's not implausible and probably very true but I think your conclusion reads wise on the whole thing is harder to fathom and I can see you using that entire thing as a reason to push on Rubicon if you're mafia and he's town.

Going over your early reads post inside #592 I think the placement of Koalas/Owner make sense as placements to put partners, I think the specific placement of Owner for instance doesn't entire mesh with your stance previously, I'd have envisioned her to be one bracket lower, the placement makes sense as scum in that you've got people to push/focus on before your partners but you're still scum reading your partners so if a wagon forms there and they get lynched you don't look terrible.

Your Newcomb read progression..feels weird? I can understand your scepticism of him around #675 and it continues inside #908, none of this is unreasonable but the movement to pretty much saying it's very unlikely that Newcomb is mafia and there's only one world where is is inside #1659 feels...shallow? Like, not thought through enough, Newcomb voting a partner while there's a wagon on a townie is not a thing that's implausible or even unlikely to happen. Your reaction towards me doubting Newcomb inside #1731 to me attempting to explain this to you (in quite some detail) in #1732 and #1739 and you just...never responding doesn't feel like you attempting to solve the situation genuinely.

Your scum read on Koalas inside #1677 feels like a buss, like there's already 5-6 votes on Koalas at the point, it's pretty like he's the lynch and it makes plenty of sense for you to jump in the thread and add extra reasoning to lynch him to attempt to get towncred post flip and the interaction that follows between you and Koalas inside #1684 to #1685 and his comment to you in #1688 really just reads like scum-theatre and this conversation that run to #1821 is something I can see happening between partners attempting to force a conversation between themselves, it comes across pretty similar to how I treated Pozzai in my last scum game.

Other small things; I could see your comment towards Owner inside #763 as an interaction between partners, it's mostly asking questions that had already been mentioned/discussed. The read on Jari inside #2159 is something I found odd because it was the conspiracy theory of his that I read as 'so very town' and there wasn't many posts of his that wasn't related to that so your read felt disjointed here.

I think most of all though I'm just reading a lot of other people more townie then you are and going back over your ISO just illustrated that, there wasn't anything there I'd call you more likely town than people like Newcomb/Kai/Fonti etc with so I'd much rather your lynch over there's right now. That said Atums pretty clearly still my preference.

---------- Post automerged at 06:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 AM ----------

That was...much longer than I intended it to be.

8. KaiDASH

I don't think I get checked much anymore, heh.

So I'd keep hunter and for the vast majority of players hunter is better.

But in 99% of covens hunter isn't the worst role and the choice is actually something like Nurse vs Spiritualist, which is less clear cut.

9. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

1. I have seen Fonti do the exact same thing before as scum, to town!me in the last WH.

Compare:
    WH7:
    WH8
    Given this, I was skeptical when I saw the play, for good reason. I don't see the "getting ahead of the crowd," comment. I wasn't very certain on Miner himself, but felt the reactions around him didn't make sense. I openly said my Miner read was less him, and more the reactions about him not adding up. Either Fontisian was trying to push Miner in a early hole, or Rubicon TMI slipped slightly with his hard rebuttal of Fonti early, a read which a shied away from pretty had by the middle of the day, as I quoted in my Rubicon post earlier today.

2) I had owner essentially third from the bottom in the read-wall. I think it was pretty clear why I was lower on Rubi & Fable at that point. I had a slight tone read on owner off the opening that I disregarded later.

3) I don't get your confusion with where I stood with Newcomb D2. If he's scum (and I'm assuming scum!owner here), that is what happened. I figured it was less likely than you given Newcomb started to turn it on D2 and that it didn't fit past Newcomb scum play that I've seen. I didn't really follow up on it because 1) I was busy Thursday and spent most of my available time playing catch-up and 2) because it was going in circles anyway.

At this point Newcomb's alignment isn't a huge deal to me because as Fonti mentions, he can't win if all his partners are gone because he should never survive F3 as DOB

4) Perhaps Koalas was trying to tie himself to me. I believe the case on me he claimed to be prepping was cut off by the mass claim, and him not being able to post in the thread or risk being called out on it. Scum theatre? Just seemed like Koalas trying to make something out of nothing to pull the lynch off him.

My Koalas case in itself was pretty perfunctory, and I given my confidence in Koalas being scum, was trying to start looking forward to his partners. Kaidash's mechanics comments about the nurse/LC combination make sense about them not being partners, but at that point Kaidash was still under the Inquisitor soft, and that paired with Koalas' interactions with Kai led me to believe they were partners.

5) owner- ?? I was the first one who asked her about that wall (it was in #753)
    Jarizok- I was talking about my conspiracy theory (scum using the WH7 play) which Jarizok would have been a part of, not Jarizok's theory.

Otherwise, yes I know my activities been down today, which is a result mainly of the fact I was off from work most of D1, and have been out 2 of the last 4 nights at the time I do most of my posting on work nights. W/e. I disagree that many others are more towny than me, but I'll just keeping doing my best to solve and hope it's enough.

Think that's everything

---------- Post automerged at 08:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 AM ----------

I'm going to head to bed. Send me an @ if there are any other questions

10. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    I'll try and respond quickly before I go to bed but effectively;

1) I understand your reasons for not scum reading Miner early on, that's fine, but your reasoning for town reading him don't feel great and I know you're saying you weren't town reading him specifically but moreso the situation around him but I can see it also working more if you're mafia thinking Fonti actually has a town read on Miner and wanting to get out of the situation looking good.

2) I understand what you're saying but I'm sure you can also understand how I can view it too.

3) My confusion with your Newcomb read is, yes your argument of "Newcomb had to be soft-distancing a partner while there was a wagon on a townie if he's mafia", but that seems plausible to me? Like scum do that all the time, so your overall conclusion on him there just doesn't feel right. Your explanation behind not getting back to me because of him being DOB and we're not lynching him anyway is fine though.

4) Maybe Koalas was attempting to tie himself to you, if he did then I think he did a reasonable job because I find your interactions with him, your timing of scum reading him and you attempting to create a linkage between him and Kai to all be things that don't look favourably for you.

5) Fair, I'll concede this point is probably irrelevant.

And yeah, if you're town keep scumhunting and posting reads, that's the best way of proving to me I'm wrong on you because right now it is largely a case of "I can see lots of things that happened from you to make sense as mafia and don't feel great about anyone else being mafia".

With all that said I'm heading to bed, if no ones joined me on Atum by the time I wake up (There's still time people, come on) then I'll move across to Waco since that's my preferred lynch elsewhere, I can't stress enough how much I think Fontisian is town here though and really urge people that think Koalas is mafia to look at the post I went into about Fontisian/Koalas not being W/W as well as Delphines post elaborating her town read on Fontisian.

11. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Is this the only thought you had catching up?

---------- Post automerged at 09:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 AM ----------

Also if fonti is a villager I'm throwing her into a fire postgame.

Cuz fonti/rubicon as w/w is making less sense upon reread and Rubicon probably looks worse (which is something considering fonti's lies and inconsistencies) just cuz I can at least see places where fonti thinks she's making pro village plays where as rubicon fence sits a lot more.

Will reread waco to see if that's something I'd be willing to consider, I kinda forgot about him.

12. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

No, but while I can at least keep up with the thread right now, I don't have the time to do readwalls just yet. You'll have to wait a couple more hours.

Bloody thread killing Kalas already... At least I knew where I was voting with him still alive.

13. KaiDASH

I feel like there has to be deep cover scum, just because we're really out of people to lynch otherwise.

Like, ignoring me we have

Cobalt, Delphine, Fable, Fluff, Regfan and Miner all as town.

Atum, Jarizok, Fonti, Vaimes and Vira as widely agreed town reads.

Newcomb as who knows what.

Rubicon and Waco as probable Witches.

Kalas and Owner as dead.

If we're in the world where Kalas is town (mercy, please), then there's actually 4 scum inside of Atum, Jarizok, Fonti, Vaimes, Vira, Newcomb, Rubicon, Waco. Which means we've made a serious error somewhere.

If Kalas is a witch, then he lifed Miner. This indicates that Witches are either confident that one (or more) of their players are going to make it to the endgame or that Witches are getting totally trashed and +1 on Miner was their optimistic play.

Rubicon is probably not w/w with Kalas? Just because he was the obvious redirection if we weren't lynching Kalas.

Waco is probably a witch?

Newcomb is ??? and not living through endgame as dob anyway.

I don't disagree with anybodies read on Vira.

I've mellowed out on Vaimes a bit but he's probably the most likely to have TMI'd if Waco is a witch (there and back again, the story of beating a dead horse in almost every post).

I don't think font is a witch but... I mean. No individual play this game is impossible for her as a witch, but I think the total sum indicates town.

Jarizok seems to be coasting but he doesn't have much objection with how the day is playing out, which is something that has made me post less before.

I'm not... entirely convinced that Atum should endgame given this analysis but I'm not sure he can actually get lynched today.

It's not possible for Fable and Fluff to be anything other than town here. As for the rest...

Cobalt can be scum without Regfan necessarily being scum, but I dunno. Just generally this game has been a lot more difficult just from the complete lack of subtlety that Cobalt, Fable and Fluff displayed on day start. But that's just a gripe and obviously not alignment indicative.

I tried to start typing about this (Regfan / Cobalt) but I gave up. It's probably easier if I just leeroy cobalt and see what falls out if we want to go down this path.

Delphine and Miner is kind of the same issue. If we want to check them we should probably do it asap just because Miner has two lives.

---------- Post automerged at 11:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 PM ----------

Like... given the dead witch role is either judge or spiritualist, if Atum is a Witch then the Witches made a serious valuation error in their role assignments which discounts a lot of people.

---------- Post automerged at 11:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 PM ----------

Actually I guess I do want to lynch atum.

lynch atum

14. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    It would actually be a problem for me if waco is a witch since I can't see him aligned with anyone. Not to mention I do still like his posts despite there being less of them recently. I don't think I'd vote for him today.

15. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Been saying this for a while, there's at minimum 1 but very likely 2 outside of peoples typical "PoE" here. I think there's been an overfocus on Rubicon/Waco/You/Fonti. Vaimes & Atum is where I'm mostly looking at being the possible scum outside of it.

I really don't think Cobalt can be mafia here, like at all. I touched on this above but if he's scum he probably has a very good idea I'm haunted & guiltied and him making that move leads towards him getting lynched a good chunk of the time, like I said; I'd just bring up the logic of "For me to mafia, he has to be too, he can be mafia without me ergo he's always the optimal lynch" and he'd have no response towards that. Not to mention he'd have to guess that I didn't act during the night & he's pretty ObvTown via play; Leeroying him is a huge mistake. I'm considering Delphine/Miner worlds more than I was at daystart but still think it's not the case enough to just assume they're town and work from there for now.

Just for you;

[​IMG]

Just need 6 more votes.

16. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Vaimes is never a witch unless koalas was a villager.

17. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Beautiful Morning Vote Count.

Rubicon [4] - Vaimes, Font, Fable, Vira.
    Atum [2] - Reg, Cobalt.
    Reg [2] - Atum.
    Font [1] - Rubicon.

Not Voting [6] - Delphine, Fluff, Jari, Miner, Newcomb, Waco.

[MENTION]Delphine[/USER], his fluffiness, Jarizok, Miner, Newcomb, The Waco Kid.

Vote. We have like twelve hours left. Don't worry, you can always change it later!

18. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Vote Atum

For the glory or our religious leader Fluffiness His, may his reign be long and fruitful.

19. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Rubicon/Jar w/w?

20. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

The fact that you had a dream about me being scum is actually really funny.

---------- Post automerged at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 PM ----------

Okay can we like agree that Kai is not going to leeroy me because that would be fucking dumb.