1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #8

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Apr 28, 2017.

1. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

fwiw i think you're town.

2. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I mean yeah I think you're town, but it's by virtue of you being the DoB, only having one teammate alive, and you haven't conceded yet.

3. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

<3 Kai

</3 Vaimes

4. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I vote we kill Jari, hold our breathes, and see if the game ends.

5. Newcomb

You are entirely capable of reading me Vaimes, stop pretending like I'm a goddamn enigma.

6. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

My track record says otherwise.

I like that you believe in me but uh. Back it up or get out?

7. fontisian

[​IMG]
    ^
    Newcomb?

8. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I think I mostly ignored you in our first game together. You snowed me in WH6, you almost got me in Starcraft, I honestly can't recall any of our FS games together, I felt ~good about you in the MGS Invitational but it was mostly because effort, I incorrectly scumread you in JPM, and that's all I've got.

---------- Post automerged at 02:31 ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 ----------

Oh, there was the WH where I caught onto you because of Rob's lolnursing you.

9. KaiDASH

Why do you think he's scum with Rubicon here?

10. Newcomb

No, I think Reg was onto something. Lynching Delphine and then seeing what Jarizok says about her seems like the play to me.

If Jarizok says she was town, then Miner's clear, since there's no room at the inn for Jarizok/Delphine/Miner to all be mafia unless you want to say that one of Koalas/Owner/Rubicon was town and yeah. And you can't say Koalas was town because fonti backed up that claim, and then there'd be no room for fonti.

Someone should check the chain of logic on that, but in worlds where we're not hardclearing Delphine/Miner (and the more I think about it the more I think Reg might actually have this cracked), lynching Delphine -> if Jarizok says she was town, Miner's clear and +lifed, good, if Jarizok says she was mafia, lynch Jarizok for the 1 for 1, then lynch Miner if the game doesn't end.

11. KaiDASH

We have to put miner to one life before killing jarizok I think

12. fontisian

Why else would Rubicon go judge? (Unless he didn't, etc, etc.)

13. Newcomb

You were one of the only people in TH5 to never townread me that hard. Some of that came in Angel chat but it's not spoiled in TH.

You whiffed on me in WH5 but fonti and I dogpiled you pretty hard so that doesn't super count.

You read me town early in SG-1 and then correctly, gradually flipped on me.

You correctly read me mafia in WH7.

FmPoV you are one of the only players who consistently eventually scumreads me when I'm a wolf and won't be backed down.

---------- Post automerged at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 PM ----------

Why?

/10chars

14. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I guess that makes me feel a little better.

Also V/LA for this weekend, graduation ceremonies and family and friends and junk.

15. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    If you think the game ends with Jarizoks lynch there's literally zero harm in going Delphine -> Jarizok after he posts what Delphines alignment is; that way we're not chickens with out head cut off if the game doesn't end with Jarizok. You know this is optimal play too, you most certainly do.

16. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

See, this is what makes me think Fonti is scum.

---------- Post automerged at 03:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 AM ----------

Would witch Jarizok have a reason to tell us town Delphine was a witch?

If Jarizok is town and says Delphine was scum why do we still lynch him for the 1 for 1?

---------- Post automerged at 03:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 AM ----------

I'm not shooting this down I just want it to be talked out first.

I still really really don't want to lynch Delphine honestly. I really think the day 2-3 PoE had the game cracked and we're letting tinfoil win out.

17. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Of scum Jari claims Delphine was scum he hard clears me/you Cobalt, if scum Jari claims Delphine was town be hard clears Miner.

18. fontisian

My concern is that jari is a witch with one other person, and by side tracing for delphine, lynching Jari to give witches last stand, then double lynching miner, we will lose.

19. Delphine

Delphine First Year

I just got off work and have a shift in less than 7 hours so I'm going to bed in a few and won't be back in thread for a while.

Things I wanna look into when I get back are:
    - how apprentice info has shown up in QTs in past games /in general to what extent I think Vira is mindset clear on the whole
    - wagon analysis re: how people ended up on Rubicon in the Rubi w/Waco v world

20. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Also worth noting if it's Rubicon!Scum & Waco!Town mafia always always always want to Lynch Rubicon there since cop dies from it and they look good re; voting mafia.

---------- Post automerged at 02:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 AM ----------

Tell me who witch!Jari is scum with left alive that we lose to? Newcomb/kai mechanically die, he can't be with me/Cobalt/Miner/Delphine. So to you you're only losing to Jari/Vaimes or Jari/Vira

---------- Post automerged at 02:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 AM ----------

And Jari/Rubicon/Vira are just not a scum team ever

So youre losing to jari/Vaimes

---------- Post automerged at 02:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 AM ----------

Lynching Delphine gets us minimum 1 clear regardless of Jari/Delphine alignments and the result he puts forward, there's literally no reason to not make this play.

---------- Post automerged at 02:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 AM ----------

Delphine!Town, Jari! Mafia says !Delphine Town -> Miner a clear with a vest.
    Delphine!Town, Jari! Mafia says !Delphine Mafia -> Cobalt/Me clear.

Delphine!Town, Jari! Town -> Miner clear with a vest.

Delphine! Mafia, Jari! Town -> Cobalt/Me clear

---------- Post automerged at 02:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 AM ----------

Like if our choice I'd make that play and clear up the duo situation or Lynch Jari and go ?????? If the game doesn't end it's a pretty fucking easy choice.