1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

RWBY Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Newcomb, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I'm not going to be able to zen's wall properly until I get home but yeah I'm not happy right now because wow is there a lot of bullshit and tunneling in there.

---------- Post automerged at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

Also you can literally fuck right off saying my vote on stanari wasn't RVS and that I'm not trying to solve.

2. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

As if I'd ever do anything else. The townlean is because your thoughtprocess is clear in the post and seems genuine, but your reply feels somewhat overly defensive. Could be because you thought I didn't read your post, which, fair enough, or it could be because getting townread for effort isn't worth anything to scum and you want it on the record that I townread you on content before I end up dead.

I'll assume the first for now, as I'd certainly want ppl to read my post as well if I put as much into it as you have, but you better be nicer to me in the future! Who knows, I might even start skipping over words in your posts just to spite you.

---------- Post automerged at 00:08 ---------- Previous post was at 00:06 ----------

Therethere Fabes, it's not personal or anything.

Gz on the win btw. Sorry I thought you were scum and attempted to bring Eido to the dark side.

3. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I will say now having read over it 3 times now that if you don't see that the intent of that post is to tunnel and not solve you might be a little blind.

4. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Any counter points you care to make, Fable, I'll be glad to deal with later. Until then you're On The Shelf. I have other users to ISO, and its mind-numbing enough to have gotten through you.

I saw you posted a readwall for most of the players and skipped over the last few, including me, while you later posted a rainbow wall, and coupled with some of the observations I made going through Fable and the fact that you're right there alongside Fable and Cobalt in my own walls, yeah, I didn't much care for you green-lightning me all of a sudden just because of an effort-post.

And keep in mind that my last memory of you as a player was HPM.

---------- Post automerged at 18:18 ---------- Previous post was at 18:17 ----------

EBWOP: Also, I'm eating dinner. I need a break for a bit before I get back in the saddle.

5. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    I'm running through fable's stuff right now but can you clarify what you mean here?

It reads to me like you're saying that fable represents his stanari thing as serious and then later tries to change that characterization?

6. blab

blab Second Year

Zenzao that's exactly what I wanted.

just as a comment on a), because that mirrors my earlier opinion pretty exactly, I bought "Fable feels bad for tunneling on town!Stanari last game" as an explanation

7. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

I want to say I've come a long way since then, but I'm basically the same player with an updated mafia vocabulary and a slightly improved level of explaining reads, so you're golden metawise.

---------- Post automerged at 00:30 ---------- Previous post was at 00:28 ----------

It'll be interesting to see what you make of me scumreading Cobalt anyways, if him, Fable and me are your scumreads.

---------- Post automerged at 00:31 ---------- Previous post was at 00:30 ----------

Time for bed. Nitenite all.

8. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    He represents it as a random vote and keeps on trying to play it off as such, even though it is apparent from his responses that it wasn't random, it was serious from the onset, and he doesn't want anyone looking too closely at that time period of his votes.

Mm.

In that case I should be scumreading you all the harder then(since you were scum that game yeah?)?

But yes I've had you and Cobalt there just beneath Fable since my first wall, and until recently there hasn't been much to change that from either you. That's why I intend to get to you next.

Also, good night.

9. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    Still catching up, but: font literally disappeared on the last day, so you did all the work by definition then. Even if you got coached to high heaven, there's no reason that couldn't be happening here too :V

10. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    So it's this section of stuff?

#3 is his introduction post, a joke response to Vaimes RVS' of Miner.
    #6 also joking with Jan right above.
    #11 further joking with blab.
    #15 he finally (seemingly) RVS votes Stanari.
    #17 he responds to Jan's poke about why he(Fable) did not RVS sooner and I do not like his response here. His follow up to Jan poking him again about it in #19 just comes off bad, and the reason why is that he's trying to pass it off as RVS when it isn't, and Stanari to that point hasn't done anything to warrant a serious vote - she hasn't even posted yet. If she had and was prodding him or another user over something, or if she had done something meta-related that he picked up on, then fine, I'd accept it being a serious vote even if he was beating around the bush in explaining it, because I've serious voted Mathblade my first vote and first post of Narutomafia based off of her behavior.

The only other possibility I see is if he picked Stanari to get a reaction test out of the way, and possibly Jan. In the former case he's scum, in the latter case he's neutral depending on what follows up.

#22 responds to Jan seriously.
    #25 is just weird responding to Miner. It's neither the joking attitude he's had to date or serious and just feels like filler for the sake of filler, since he doesn't even address Miner's vote on Fonti.
    When blab calls him out in #26, Fable's #27 is essentially nothing.

#45 he responds to me re:Jan not having a lot of back-and-forth with any one user, as I'd expected from HPM. He is serious here. I respond to him in #47 and lay down a lie about RVS votes, just as I did with Lyric(I think) in MM.

Stanari notes the same thing I did in her #49 and #51 and serious votes Fable. His response in #54 has the same kind of weirdness that his post on Miner had. Vaimes' #55 prods him over shading Stanari for her serious vote, blab interjects in #56, Waco fluff's in #57. Not quite sure what to make of blab's #58 responding to Jan on Fable here.

His #65 is seemingly back to a joking tone, but I don't like the context since its following a Vaimes/blab back-and-forth immediately beforehand. Mostly comes across as shading. Vaimes' responds to that in #68 and I'm more than a little curious about his tone here, since I don't know Vaimes to be so certain this early.

Stanari addresses Fable's shade in #69, and he's right back to joking with her in his #71. Fonti pokes Stanari's #69 in her #72, Stanari sort-of joking in her #73 followup to Fable.

Fable unvotes Stanari in his #80 and I just don't follow his train of thought here. Unvoting her after Fonti has RVS'd her only to then turn around and vote Fonti?

If so I think you're reading too hard into it and fable really was screwing around there. I can see his frustration over the rvs stuff being caught for the wrong reason though, hrm.

Gonna run through him again, camping that font vote and the number of posts dedicated to rvs defense and "wtf was that gambit" are things.

11. blab

blab Second Year

I know nothing about miner and Jarizok is obvious town:

Ok, yeah, it doesn't match my humor either.
    From likely to unlikely explanations:
    a) miner felt you making a strong case on Vaimes, then backing off was suspicious
    b) scum!miner felt town!miner would feel that
    c) miner tries to influence who you pay attention to through this post
    He voted Stanari at least. That's ok in the context of the thread, imo.

I can see how that would read as scummy from a town!jarizok point at least.
    It is hedgy but I don't expect miner to push full of conviction here.
    I buy that miner thinks Zenzao's reaction to his gambit failing was fake.
    It is a bit of a "show your work" post.
    The contradiction between slighty townreading pienyan and definitely is weird, but not scummy. As in one post gives me a strong inclination to thin pien is town, but overall this gives me a slight townread.
    I disagree with the reasoning for townreading pienyan, but I buy miner thinking scum!pien would have used a "better" angle.

That's pretty null, imo.
    The post itself is pretty ok.

Meh, Jarizok likes the word "shading".

I think he could probably fake some of it, but not all of it. Especially in the short conversation-like posts.

12. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    oh come on font there's already an active question asking Plotless voters to clarify. This is just lazy. (Related: Another reason I don't like plotless is taking position 4 on the Stanari wagon earlier, which feels a little like a "fingers crossed this goes through" thing)

Other Things:

I kinda don't like how Jarizok blipped reading me with "yeah townslip whatever". Add in that I don't believe in Cobalt/Regfan scumteam world and that wall really isn't doing much for me. In particular I hard townread Reg around the same time Cobalt did but apparently this is fine?

Jari's high townreads seem mostly consensus other than those two, and then he has scummy people like Fable in "slight townread" which is usually a good place for scum to stick their buddies. OTOH if Jari is scum Fable is probably town thanks to #671 (too early on the wagon for a bus IMO) so lord only knows at this point.

Zenzao read is good though, I don't agree with it but it doesn't feel like a position scum would take alongside Cobalt/Regfan. Unfortunately, that's the only thing I like about this wall so I'm kinda treating it as an anomaly.
    Zenzao --- I think it's possible Fable's Stanari vote WAS a jokevote, given they apparently had some previous game history going on. However, I still think Fable's response to me poking around in the area was scummy.

PREVIEW EDIT: yeah "caught for the wrong reason" is a decent explanation, as is "taking analysis of your vote too seriously"

---------- Post automerged at 09:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 AM ----------

EBWOP: blab: Why exactly is Jarizok obvious town?

13. blab

blab Second Year

Hmm, I'll sleep on it.
    As of right now, I don't believe that that read is necessarily fake and Jarizok therefore definitely scum.
    Maybe his read is affected by wanting to be "awesome" and scumread generally townread people and be right.
    Maybe he is right.
    Probably, I am right.

---------- Post automerged at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 PM ----------

It's a hypothetical, dC.

14. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:

Fuck it I'm responding to this shit on mobile. First off you don't get to say my vote on stanari wasn't RVS. With the language you're using here already shows you're biased if you honestly think that vote was serious. Like right from the beginning your analysis is bullshit because you're assuming the vote was serious for no reason. You can say it wasn't as many times as you like but you never give a reason for why you think that. Again with your writing in regards to stanari's vote on me you act like it was serious when stanari even said later she was only half serious and I said I didn't think it was serious at the time. Your perception of reality is just warped. Was still joking around when I voted fonti you can't be this dense. I love how you'll analyze the shit out of me joking around but when I start trying to solve all we get is you narrating what I did like with my first reads post. jfc your analysis of my pienyan read is trash. First of all why would I have to justify not voting for her? She quite obviously isn't a bad player even if she is a wolf one vote isn't going to scare her so doing so that early on even if I was sure she was a wolf would be pointless. Like actually discussing faulthe in her posts is more productive than doing a lame vote early in the day. Then we get a lecture of how I should be playing, that's fun. You're just lying about my first reads list. I didn't call you and pien w/w I said it was probably NOT w/w. Again shows you're not trying to be objective here. Again get over yourself on me not voting for you, I wasn't hard pushing you because I don't make hard pushes until near the end of d1 because I like having as much information as possible. I'm addressing anymore of your bullshit on stanari as it's all baseless. How in the fuck is me trying to understand your meta me trying to shake your vote on me? I don't give a fuck about your vote because it's just you being salty about me suspecting you. I did it to see how your village play matched up to your play here. But please continue to spout bullshit about how I'm not trying to solve. Also can you stop fucking calling everything shade as if I can't legitimately find anything suspicious? Also lol at the fact you haven't read the wolf game I linked, I definitely believe you care about my alignment. You shading Jan and Reg is ridiculous, the idea that your mind goes to they must be wolves if they're defending me is not a villagery mindset at all. Face it you're tunneling everything I do must be put in the worst light even if you have to make shit up to do it.

15. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    holy jesus maybe fable IS just super pissed off

16. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I think I just disagree on how telling those quotes were, as they changed my opinion from "the hell?" to "oh, Acio is doing a town thing."

Have you looked at plotless?

---------- Post automerged at 07:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

He got hella pissed off last game as town.

17. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    If anyone was curious where my "don't talk to people about your/their motives" stance comes from that post demonstrates about 80% of why it's a good idea.

---------- Post automerged at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

Not really but I can do it now

---------- Post automerged at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

Oh btw people we got less than 24 hours before day end.

18. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Dearest dC,
    I am voting for plotless because he seems like frozen scum who knows people are correct to suspect him. That's not a newbie reaction to a vote. Notice the phrase "tempted to claim" as it is inactive of him thinking more about what would be believable than solving the game. I would recommend checking out American Gods for a comparison.
    Thanks,
    fonti

Dear Plotless,
    Step it up a notch.
    Love,
    fonti

19. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    Gun to my head I think fable's town? Like, I think there's some signs of an actual investigative process wrt pienyan but really I just can't wrap my head around how scum threatens to vote someone who's already voting them and keeps slapping at them. Unless he's Just That Pissy as scum?

And uh plotless yeah pretty much nothing on them. I didn't see font's thing on the way through but yeah I can agree with that. Would still prefer quiddity first but this game won't /move/, so.

Vote: Plotless

20. Miner

Miner Order Member

Erm, Jari, mate, has that 150 ping really made you lose your mind?

1) I voted for Stanari. So I followed it up with a vote. I believe I also explained why I voted for Stanari, because I felt that their post (#165) was garbage and most likely to come from scum.

2) I'm pretty sure I've already "shaded" you as scummy, or at least said that I dislike the way that you've played d1. So no, I'm not "deciding" whether or not to townread you. I think that the way you've played this d1 is very reminiscent of your scumgames both in terms of activity and reads in that your activity is spotty and you have reads that are a bit of a reach. What's interesting to me is the amount of effort you put into emphasizing that you've backed off Vaimes now that like... Vaimes has pretty much self-resolved into town.

3) The only hedgy thing about my wall was Zenzao. And that was because I've seen Zenzao make those reverse-order walls before and those used to be town-indicative, but I'm pretty sure Zen would do those walls regardless of alignment. The way he blew up at Reg was again... weird AF, but I'm hedging there because I really can't tell if that "blow up" is actually scummy or towny.

4) Also, everyone on the font wagon is not shady at all. Pretty sure there's a good amount of people townreading Fable and Cobalt right now.

Look mate, I know that after last game you might think I'm an easy mislynch, but nope. >:)