1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

RWBY Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Newcomb, Jun 2, 2017.

1. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    Stanari --- What "I was going to wait for Plotless's response, but eh." says to me is that your original plan was to vote Plotless when he posted, but then Plotless didn't post for a while so you just decided to vote him anyway.

What this in turn suggests is that you cared more for the APPEARANCE of working out whether Plotless is scum before voting him than the actual act of doing this. I think a town player would be more likely to wait for Plotless to post, and that impatience in this area mainly occurs if there's some time-sensitive reason pushing you to vote Plotless now instead of later (like, say, you want to distract from other things happening right now)

In addition, the fact you said this at all points to being nervous that people will feel weird about you voting Plotless when:
    - You posted giving him a negative read but not voting them a while ago
    - Plotless hasn't posted since then, so nothing's changed with him
    - There was no particular reason at the time for you to move off your current lynch

2. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

I feel like Stanari is probably town?

That plotless scumslip thign is just so weird coming from scum that knows plotless is town.

3. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    So I'm staring at this this VC to see if there's anything I can get from it and the only thing that kind of sticks out to me is that jari is the 11th person on Plotless's wagon. The reason this is relevant is we only needed 10 people for a lynch to go through, so basically he self-pressed after it was at the point where he needed to. I'm not sure if that's AI but I think it might show some level of ignorance? I mean that in a good way in that if he's a wolf he could have just stayed on Reg and stayed away from a wagon he knew was flipping V. Alternatively if he was a wolf well free mislynch nobody would question him being on. This is why I hate lopsided wagons btw.

Besides that wondering how pure the Jari wagon is. Cobalt is still okay but I'm kinda wishing he would do more, still have no idea what kai is doing and he feels like he's trying to stay UTR, Miner I actually need to reread at some point cuz his posts haven't really stuck in my brain and my thoughts on zen are known. I think there does probably have to be at least one wolf on that wagon though dunno if that mean bussing or not, jar probably more of a W lean now. I think I'd lynch between kai or waco aorn as far as that goes.

4. blab

blab Second Year

I think scum!Stanari would not have posted something like that if she were scum with Plotless, but what exactly makes this more unlikely with town!PLotless?

5. pienyan

pienyan Muggle

High Score:
    I don't really have any paranoia of DC. That's nice.

6. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

It's just a weird way to approach things - like it's not impossible for stanari to have posted that as scum... but I'm unsure it's something she'd actually be thinking about if she's scum there.

7. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Thought stanari has been kind of meh mostly but that's not alarm raising really, I do find her constantly accusing cobalt of trying to pocket her kind of interesting though.

8. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    One hopes he's white knighting me because he likes me, not because I'm gullible for townreads. One hopes.

I wrote out the scum narrative just now, though, and I don't think there's much evidence that Cobalt is setting up to profit by pocketing me or whatever.

I don't think I really answered your question but this is kind of a tangle of ideas at the moment.

9. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

By lynching you?

10. pienyan

pienyan Muggle

High Score:
    So, quick update: I'm pretty sure {blab, Vaimes, Fable, Reg, DC} are town here via play, and Acio can join them thanks to his role.

I don't think the situation re: Jari is anywhere near as straightfoward as a lot of people seem to think it is. The tl;dr of where I'm at with him is that I don't have him as a firm town read or anything, but there are a lot of potentially-redeeming things about him that I want to shake out first.

{font, Kai, Miner, Stanari, Zenzao, Cobalt, Q} remains a mess of null, but at least I feel like I actually have a grasp on the game now.

Vote: Waco

11. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    The time-sensitive reason was Stanari going to bed, lol.

---------- Post automerged at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

Intentionally or not, he's doing a lot of the things that I know end with me in people's pockets.

12. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    I see. That does change things a little.

What exactly is this supposed to mean?

13. pienyan

pienyan Muggle

High Score:
    Umm were you paying attention to the stuff D1 about Acio asking who should receive a gun and then Vaimes claiming today he has a gun?

I'm not really going to consider a scum gun-inventor unless it becomes relevant again in late-game.

14. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Never mind, I am the dumb.

15. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Hey y'all, sorry for my absence from the game, got everything (mostly) cleaned up and fixed up.

I have skimmed from where I left off D1 to now but a lot of that is still muddled at the moment. I still don't like Jarizok, especially with the flip of Plotless. Not sure what to make of Jan dying lastNight other than to look harder at his reads and the votals and maybe do that ISO to see reactions around him.

I'll re-read Cobalt, Waco, and Stanari after that.

16. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Stanari

Let's try something different.

Please sell me on your strongest scumread (no matter how unsure), why you have it, and why you seem to be showing 0 interest in pursuing it.

17. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    pienyan - I did consider that the faster deadline had some impact on your lack of involvedness throughout D1 and actually went and did a reread of your Wedding Invitational ISO (For others it's here) but even then I can get a glimpse of where you're thinking about the game and where your reads are at/why on multiple players, I can't really say the same for your D1 here. Like if I ignore the amount of actual content and activity you have inside the thread, I still come out of it thinking you might be scum here because I can't point to a single thing D1 and say "That's a read I can tell Pie believes in it" rather than "I know that Pie uses that reasoning". If you're town here I'm sure I'll notice it sooner or later though.

This is weak reasoning for a few reasons, a) Scum team consists of multiple players and the night kill isn't solely to give one of them a better shot, b) We went into the night phase with me stating a town read on her, it's plausible she'd think I'd be unlikely to reverse it so quickly, and c) If I died N1 after leading on Plotless that'd be something that could be brought up against her throughout the game.

Really like Pie's reasoning behind the Waco scum read elaborated on in Post #1109, Fable touched on the emptiness of his Plotiness read earlier in the day phase but the point about his treatment of Jarizok is actually very good. The read on Jarizok in Post #1111 is one I'm having difficulty getting my head around though, it feels disconnected as a read? And it seems to be ignoring that multiple times I've told her that Jarizok regardless of alignment likes to take "against the grain" type stances. Need to go over this again after I've had some food. Do like where he's at with Miner in Post #1120 since that's one of my town reads that I'm starting to question too (And jesus christ, I'm doing exactly what I didn't want to do D2, reaaaaaaaaally needed that scum flip D1 to keep me going).

Thanks for the explanation on your Pie town read Blab. I think you're overestimating? my scum play but that's fine.

18. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

It's not the sole basis for the read.

Little things.

19. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    @Pie - Talk with me briefly about your Vaimes town read because it'd be completely without meta and would like to hear how you've gotten there. I'll also take whatever sort of elaboration you can go into on Fontisian, Zenzao and Q. Don't care if you've got them as nullish overall, just want to know if you think particular things inside their ISO make them more likely town/scum.

---------- Post automerged at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

Have heard you described in this fashion before.

---------- Post automerged at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

Still think Pie might be scum here but don't think I'd advocate her being shot since I think if she's town and she's starting to effort I'll most certainly be able to notice it by day end. I'd be awfully tempted to shoot Waco here I think.

---------- Post automerged at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

How serious was this Fontisian? Also please finish your catch up.

20. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Hmmm.

ATTENTION ALL D1 JARIZOK VOTERS: Please offer an explanation of why you are not interested in lynching Jarizok today.