1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

RWBY Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Newcomb, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Manner of claim reads town, content of claim reads scum.

Augh.

2. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I claim vanilla town ALL THE TIME as scum. If you think I'd put an unnecessary target on my back as scum here you really don't know me at all. Why wouldn't I just play it safe while people are townreading me?

Crucify me for telling the truth if you want, but at least you'll know for certain when I flip.

---------- Post automerged at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

And if y'all are really content letting Pien/Reg go unresolved until endgame where it'll be an unnecessary distracting bloodbath that's on you.

3. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Fuck sakes Vaimes, asked no one to Garcia that, noticed it when I ISOed him and wanted his answer organically.

Need time to think on it but still leaning as Miner being the play.

4. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Uh, you did not. You asked him if he crumbed it.

5. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Yea and said I'm not commenting on Cobalt and we shouldn't discuss it till he answered.

Cobalt, why did you think claiming it d1 would lead towards you being night killed? Once the info is outted you're a named VT, no? And your 'intentional misrep of the number' was today, this day phase; whats the point of distancing from it when mafia would shoot someone like Vaimes before you?

---------- Post automerged at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

Give me a little more thought process behind this all from you.

---------- Post automerged at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

For someone that knows the theme have all the roles matched flavour so far / does Cobalts?

---------- Post automerged at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

Link to a game where he has seen it?

---------- Post automerged at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

Huuuuuuuuuuuuuh.

---------- Post automerged at 01:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

Also Fonti ignoring Cobalt whats your read on Miner?

---------- Post automerged at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 PM ----------

Can I get a quote of when you did this outside of the one Vaimes linked.

---------- Post automerged at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

Man the quote that contradicts the claim is the one directly before the claim.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

6. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Flavor doesn't really make sense, but besides ozpin, I can't really think of a character it would make sense for.

Will look for a game with the role later.

Uh, kind of scummy wrt miner.

7. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

There's literally no reason for you NOT to have claimed D1.

If you get shot, your info dies with you. Randomly deciding to pretend you didn't know there were five mafia makes no sense.

---------- Post automerged at 15:35 ---------- Previous post was at 15:33 ----------

Also you made it to endgame in WH8, sooo. Wanting to stay alive is a p bad reason.

8. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Found what I was after. I think if you're town with that role you find a way to insert yourself into the conversation when I say this. You not doing so and not really anything other than the one time 5 name scum team call really doesn't make sense with you having the role.

---------- Post automerged at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

So yeah, explain in far more detail because this is pretty hard to buy.

And you trying to throw me/pie as what should be the focus here doesn't read great, nor does you worldbuilding without Miner for the most part when the strongest case can be made for him to be mafia with the most people and in general too.

9. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Vote: Cobalt

10. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Man this is really hard to see as both alignments, as town drawing that role; not really breadcrumbing it, not claiming it, not inserting yourself into the conversation about the number of scum players and making a contradictory post about the number of the scum to 'not get shot' are all super hard to buy and your play after Vaimes pointed out the issues with the claim feels desperate. But as scum you're being town read but not lock enough to have to explain why you're not getting shot at night and this isn't really a claim that'd solidify you in as town plus surely you'd know it wouldn't work with your prior post or someone would have pointed it out?

Ugh. Gun to head, it makes more sense as it just being a bad fake claim as scum?

11. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    [a vague, distinctly unamusing joke about mimes]

12. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Okay fine, god damn.

I didn't want to have to do this but y'all forced a mass claim so let me get home and I'll explain.

13. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I hope whatever explanation is about to come out of Cobalt's mouth will make more sense than this!

14. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

So this was a weird combination of withholding my information today and also a reaction test, so bear with me.

I happen to know that Pienyan is lying about her role claim. She is not vanilla town, and I'm reasonably certain she's exactly the scum roleblocker and was given Ruby as a believable cover role.

I'm not a mechanics oracle, I'm the tracker. I just thought that would be an easy claim so that I didn't make myself a bigger target. Vaimes is out of shots and my powers are nightly, so I did want to keep on living, that much is true. I don't know for a fact that there are 5 scum, but I've just been pretty sure based on mechs so far so I faked it.

I don't believe there to be any other info roles so I halfassed the claim in hopes I would get a pass. I should have just claimed VT and gotten more results for later, but this is the best I got for now.

N1: Vaimes - no results
    N2: Jarizok - no results
    N3: Pienyan - targeted dC.

Scum have had a backup roleblocker and a role cop flip. Looks a lot like a midgame rolecop of dC to me, idk what everyone else thinks.
    pienyan - Care to explain?

The fake claim was also kind of testing the waters a bit. DC liked it, and I'm pretty sure I would've gotten some kind of pass on it except Vaimes brought too much attention to it. That doesn't help me much because Vaimes is confirmed town, but the opportunistic way in which Blab and Stanari hopped on my ass are making me fill in some blanks.

I'm reasonably sure the team is exactly Pienyan / Kai / Blab or Pienyan / Kai / Stanari. I'll have to do some digging as to which one is more likely and why, but I don't think Stanari as town just decides not to give me the benefit of the doubt after I defended her all game, which in sum was a long running gambit to try and gauge her alignment on my part. I felt good about it at first, but not so much now when she turned on me.

Fonti's reaction actually seems a lot like her normal town deductions, asking me to elaborate and then making her decision after being sure she has the facts straight. I actually really liked her progression whereas Blab just decided to take the claim apart without giving it a chance which is more narrow-minded, and Stanari was more opportunistic about it.

---------- Post automerged at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

So, without further ado

Lynch: Pienyan

Kai is next on my shit list because what I said stands. I don't think a oneshot doc exists in a setup with a bodyguard, and Kai has done absolutely nothing for this entire game and I think a team with him and Pien is entirely plausible if not extremely likely at this point in the game.

Last scum I believe to be in blab/Stanari, though it may wind up being elsewhere.

15. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    "Oh shit they didn't buy that better add some new bullshit to it to make it more believable. " This should be good.

16. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Also, it's why I've kind of been a bit hedgy for most of the game. I doubt there's a cop given the setup so far and I hate being that important so even when I wasn't extremely busy I was reluctant to be super active and put a target on my back.

17. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Yeah I'mma nope that. There is no way you get that result and don't out it immediately or at least pressure pien more than not at all today.

18. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Why out it immediately when I get to watch all the delicious interactions first?

---------- Post automerged at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

This is why I'm reasonably certain Pie and Kai are hard-aligned. She's just reaffirming him while acting as though she's giving it reasonable thought.

---------- Post automerged at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

And given that she knows his claim is fake, were he to flip she could cite herself saying "oneshot doc is a gross role" and use that to maintain cover.

---------- Post automerged at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

Had I outed my result immediately, I would never have seen that interaction from Pie w/r/t Kai's claim.

19. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Consider that me not immediately voting you was giving you the benefit of the doubt!

20. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

That's your only reaction to my entire claim? To try and assuade my suspicion of you?

That's scum if I've ever seen it.