1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete The Broken Victory by Kate Lynn - T

Discussion in 'Dark Arts' started by ikaina, Feb 17, 2007.

1. ikaina

ikaina First Year

Title: The Broken Victory
    Author: Kate Lynn
    Rating: T
    Genre: Drama/Angst
    DLP Category: Dark Arts
    Pairing: None
    Chapters: 33
    Words: 181,377
    Updated: December 29, 2003
    Published: December 20, 2001
    Summary: What drove Hogwarts' most brilliant student to become its greatest foe? Step into a mind that has failed to see past the darkness, and watch the chilling memories that were poured into Tom Riddle's diary resurface...
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/505654/1/

I'm really astonished that this story doesn't have a thread here. It's not Harry-centric but it's absolutely brilliant. It's complete history of Tom Riddle days at Hogwarts. Very psychological, very detailed, really worth reading.

“The Broken Victory: Winner of the first Fanfiction.net Awards, Niffled at Fictionalley.org, Launch fic and first Fic of the Week at the Ink Pen.”

Seriously, how come it's not here already? I used “search” option at least 5 times...

Checked by Minion, Nov. 24, 2012

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2012
  2. Nullify

Nullify Seventh Year

This was completed quite a long time ago, so that might be the reason why. =\ I've read (and reviewed, see above) it when I first ventured into slightly darker fanfics, I think. Tom-centric fics are the only ones I can stand apart from Harry-centrics.

From what I can remember, it was a lengthy good read, with solid writing that flows and good grammar/spelling. Tom Riddle's gradual descent into the darkness was very well done with looks into Tom's mind, oh and his dislike for Dumbledore and the reason why he delved into the Dark Arts is actually explained and justified, so bonus points from me.

Oh, and the summary's quite catchy. =P

4.5/5.

3. The Fine Balance

The Fine Balance Headmaster

A lot of the older fics, form around 2000-02 (somewhat) are missing from this place. Niffler search on Fictionalley.org will get you most of the good ones. Some, however, have been lost in time. (Ex: Draco/Nevile classic)

4. ulkser

ulkser Groundskeeper

i agree...the site lacks older fics but we are the ones that post the links of the fics so we are responsible of this.

5. KenderCleric

KenderCleric Lord of Plot Bunnies

I enjoyed it. Not my usual cup of tea, but it was a good read.

4/5

6. SushiZ

SushiZ Auror

Great link, started reading the first few chapters, I will edit and leave a review when i am further in. So far so good.

7. Violent Seas

Violent Seas Sixth Year

5/5

I agreed with Nullified; the author's characterization was quite thorough and she managed to justify Voldy's hatred for Dumbledore pretty darn well. Considering it is such an old story and that she had very little information to use, especially from Half-Blood Prince, this is an absolutely brilliant plot that she concocted.

8. SushiZ

SushiZ Auror

Right I forgot to come back and edit but Now that I have read the whole story I must say that it is one of the greatest stories I have read. The author has done the best job at portraying a young Voldemort something that not many stories Have been able to do.

This is really an excellent read, highly recommended. 5/5.

9. Mindless

Mindless Big Boss DLP Supporter

This is an amazing read. 5/5 for an incredible characterization of young Voldemort. When Bio comes along, this is totally "Myth" worthy.