1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Oneshot 85124 by OccAmy - M

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Dethklok, Apr 25, 2009.

1. della_couer

della_couer Second Year

While the concept is interesting, I think Dirk Diggory hit the proverbial nail on the head when he said

Tom Riddle had, at this point in the story, already 1) released Slytherin's monster on the school killing Myrtle, 2) murdered his father and grandfather, in the process making at least one Horcrux 3) And as we were aware, he had already fashioned the name Voldemort making the author's pretext behind the name change moot.

While I liked the author's attempt to 'explain' Voldemort and put him into a historical context, the complete inability to work with the constraints placed by canon made it an AU with less merit. Not horrible, and as others have said well paced, written nicely but the plot ---eh? This story only works if Tom Riddle started up as a good guy.

--- And, a weak Voldemort who is intimidated by muggle guards? Please, I expect a little more from him. I laughed, too unbelievable. At the very least he could embrace his role as a sonderkommando.

Not to mention the historical timeline is a little hazy considering that Tom Riddle graduated Hogwarts in 1944, and the European portion of the war ended in 1945.

2/5

2. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I haven't read this, but is this Jew!Voldemort?

Jewdemort?

Awesome. I can see it now.

"Jewdemort cackled in glee as he rubbed his body in a pile of gold coins, thinking of the baby he was planning to eat that night: Harry Potter. The next day Jewdemort fell, and Harry Potter was hailed as the Boy-Who-Lived, recognisable by his distinctive scar of a set of teeth on his forehead."

Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
  3. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

It might have been interesting to see Riddle experiment on the corpses. The Nazi guards think he's obediently performing his duties as a sonderkommando, then they're beset by Inferi that don't react in the least to their bullets. The sudden upheaval in the camp by dark magic attracts the attention of Grindelwald.

4. ZeroTheDestroyer

ZeroTheDestroyer Auror

What the author should have said was he 'survived' becuase he had created a horcrux back in Hogwarts. Either ways it's a good read.

4/5, miss one for the wandless magic, he should have been able to do wandless magic.

5. Myduraz

Myduraz Headmaster DLP Supporter

No, there is no "jewdemort" here. He is however, as you probably guessed from watching the thread, deported to a concentration camp.

6. Dethklok

Dethklok Order Member

The power of Christ compels him not to tell you.
    Jewdemort for President!

2012, baby!

7. Stenstyren

Stenstyren Professor

Well, if the author really meant this as some kind of political message (which i don´t think) then that´s bad. The story was otherwise good i think, 3/5 from me.

Besides, if we don´t discuss the Holocaust it will happen sooner then if we talk about it. Notice that i say sooner, because it will probably happen again in a few hundred years.

8. Myduraz

Myduraz Headmaster DLP Supporter

Well, you could argue that genocides have continued even after WWII, point in Rwanda in the 90's etc. Although it and the other occurences didn't reach the unbelievable level that the holocaust did, it will happen sooner or later again, no matter if we talk about it or not.

And yes, I realise this would better belong in the politics thread -_-

9. knothead

knothead Groundskeeper

Not impressive & not interesting either. Bad pseudo-psychiatry and the timeline didn't match canon, as was noted previously. 1 star.

10. Scriblerus

Scriblerus First Year

I read this when she posted this on FFN. Lovely then and lovely now.
    He seems too innocent for someone who's already a murderer and yes on the wandless magic. But I tend to think that the way she ended it made pretty good sense.
    4/5