1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete A Black Comedy by nonjon - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by nonjon, Mar 3, 2007.

1. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

My money is on Harry getting squished and dying.

It's a play on the title, see? Comedy is the opposite of tragedy. Black Comedy could maybe end in tragedy.

(Just kidding, nonjon. Please don't do that.)

2. Datakim

Datakim Chief Warlock

I just read the latest chapter (good stuff btw) and I started wondering, who exactly knows that Harry and Sirius are from another dimension?

Voldemort, Tonks and Remus are the ones that I think have been explicitly said to know and Bellatrix must know too by now. But does Snape know? Judging by his reaction towards Sirius he might. And what about the Potters? Surely they must suspect given that there is someone that looks and acts the same as "their" Sirius and even has the same name. Could you clarify this a bit nonjon? :)

3. Muttering Condolences

Muttering Condolences Card Captored and buttsecksed

Updated.

And it's GhostAnimagus!Harry FTW!

Serious nonjon, the whole 'Harry and Sirius banging two chicks that are somehow connected' is getting more hilarious by the chapter.

4. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

-calls Nonjon out.-

YOU STOLE A LINE FROM STARGATE! :eek:

5. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

OKAY SO MAYBE I DID.

Umm... what line?

Tonks and Remus have been in on the know from the start. Voldemort has figured it out but hasn't really 'confirmed' it yet. Snape doesn't care or know. The Potters though, James is oblivious, Lily knows there's something more about them and Harry in particular but she doesn't suspect the truth. Jimmy doesn't know.

Bellatrix is curious but innately defers to her 'Lords' and never presses the issue. Kreacher knows they have something to hide, but may not fully comprehend who they are. Gin knows who they are, and is bound from even hinting at it to anyone. But Gin doesn't know all of Harry's history (specifically that he defeated Voldemort in the original world).

Albus though definitely has some ideas and suspects things, but he hasn't pinpointed or figured them all out yet. (This latest chapter hints at a piece of the puzzle he'll be getting soon.)

But the Unspeakables? Well, that's hard to say. We'll just have to see. (Really, I don't know either. I might cut them out from the rest of the fic or maybe they'll show up knowing in the next chapter.)

6. Jon

'Cept it was O'neill and it was "Wait a second, there is a joke in there somewhere..." "....Nah, I got nothing."

:p

7. nonjon

I take it back. I didn't steal that. At least not from Stargate (of which I've seen the movie, but not in the last five years, and I think I may have seen an episode or two but not enough since I still picture James Spader in the nerd sun god's buddy role... although I do picture MacGuyver in Kurt Russell's role).

That's too common an idea to count as stealing anyway. :wizard:

8. Jamie Brooks

Jamie Brooks Second Year

I really want to know who the fucker is...

My guess James Potter...

9. Jon

You win this round nonjon. :D

10. Averis

Averis Don of Delivery ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I'm thinking "That Fucker" is R.A.B considering the situation with Slytherin's Locket.

Do I win a cookie?

Nevertheless, this story is killer nonjon.

EPT in my BLT, hahaha...

11. Jon

Latest chapter was something else, it had everything.

1. Nundu's.
    2. Reintroduced character
    3. Splinching.
    4. Harry hitting on a certain redhead. [I laughed the moment I realised, you've progressively got more and more daring. :p ]
    5. ????
    6. Profit!

12. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Last chapter approached epic. I thoroughly enjoyed every aspect, though I do hope we haven't seen the last of Hermione, I rather enjoy the way she's portrayed here.

The description of the Nundu was interesting, as it wasn't anything like I had imagined them as, yet...it still worked. I can't help but wonder where this heads next, though - we're running out of 'old world' characters to meet, really. The next 8 months with Bellatrix should be amusing, though.

The arc I'm looking forwards to is the 'That Fucker' resolution. I'm not going to bother guessing who it is, but the inevitable meeting between him and Harry/Sirius should be great.

Keep up the great work.

13. Verminard

Verminard Seventh Year

This last chapter was awesome. Easily the funniest.

14. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

Were to begin with what is wrong with that chapter?

Hermione claims to have an ex boyfriend? Yeah like anyone is stupid enough to touch the buck tooth know it all bitch.

Sirius wanting to get with her... even he has standards.

She would be way to much of a coward to go to the Hogshead bar. Hell I can't even she her going out.

Ideally she should have thrown herself off the Astronamy tower in about 4th year when she realises no one likes her.

She would also have the buck teeth since they never would have been fixed.

I suppose me slight dislike for that fucking bitch may cloud my judgement but I fucking hated reading about her.

15. Atomic Lightning-bug

Atomic Lightning-bug Second Year DLP Supporter

:lol: TEaoS, not much else to say to that. I agree with Eidolonic though, Hermione wasn't as annoying as she could have been.

16. Niffler Lord

Niffler Lord Headmaster

Another great story. I especially like the bringing home the connected women part. And the ghost animagus... I almost died when I thought of Ginny's reaction...

Just a clarification... considering the story, shouldn't this be in the humor section?

17. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Well, you see, it deals with serious issues as well.... I quit. Just made a very annoying Sirius/serious pun without really even trying.

18. nonjon

Yeah, I suppose a change of section may be justifiable. I'm somewhat opposed to it because my intention was never to put this much humor into the fic. But if others think it's more fitting, let's move it. I still won't categorize it as such on fanfiction.net. It's as much as a "humor" fic as Browncoat, Green Eyes is in my mind.

To me it's the difference between writing a humor story and writing a story that is humorous. But I have pandered to readers by putting in more and more pointless humor to fill in the gaps between relevant plot information.

To be honest, when I planned the fic out, I was slightly hesitant to call the fic "A Black Comedy" because of how limited the comedy was intended to be (a number of scenes and bits for sure but not too much). I meant to kick the humor up a notch and ended up kicking it up a dozen notches.

Oh well. It's working and people seem to like it. I'll probably endure several "this chapter wasn't very funny" reviews as we get closer to the end, but anyone complaining about getting reviews deserves a boot to the head.

19. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

That makes so much more sense! That does make it all correct in my eyes.
    I also liked the new chapter a lot. It has some good real jokes.

20. zUzaque

zUzaque Seventh Year

I generally find the story's that are humorous rather then humor story's are the more funny ones, well, at least the ones you write. And my guess as to the fucker's identity? Sirius Black, not really dead from this world.