1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete A Black Comedy by nonjon - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by nonjon, Mar 3, 2007.

1. The Fine Balance

The Fine Balance Headmaster

I recently finished Browncoat, and the last 5-6 chapters are...whoa. The rest is good... it's interesting albeit, a bit 'pointless humor'. But nothing memorable, like your Finding Harry series. Anytime I feel like re-reading Browncoat, I'd skim through the first 25-30 odd chapters and concentrate on the last few.

2. Paravon

Paravon Seventh Year

Nonjon, chapter twenty was... something beyond words.:eek: :puke:

Overall, the fic is a 4/5.

You have a good grasp of writing mechanics and pacing, but aren't putting in the effort, weight, and polish deserving of a 5/5.

Still damn entertaining though.

3. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

Any idea when we will be seeing a new chapter its been awhile.

Interested to see how things go now that lots of people know about Harry and Sirius.

4. Philly Homer

Philly Homer What you call elephant cum I call mouthwash

The wait has been quite long for the upcoming chapter. I eagerly await the confrontation between Dumbledore and Harry. Hope you update soon Nonjon.

Homer

5. Manatheron

Manatheron Headmaster

Granted I was going to post this a couple chapters back, but I just can't resist... Nonjon, if you've read your reviews on FF.net you can ignore this post for the most part.

Kidnapping a MoM Employee: 45 Galleons
    Illegal International apparition: 110 Galleons
    Reversing Accidental Splinching: 7 Knuts

New Nundu Skin Carpet with your blood on it's teeth?

Priceless.

Some things money can't buy, for everything else there's Gringotts Platinum. (Now available for a small annual fee)

6. Nytmare

Nytmare Fourth Year

The above reminds me of and ADD special

Happytastic Funtabalous Land? Makes me think of Michael Jackson.

7. Darius

Darius 13/m/box

The Octagon - Say that to my face and not online m
    I just read this story, very good. Lots of fresh ideas which is always nice and strong writing mechanics. Not many complaints here, 4.5/5.

8. uriel

uriel Seventh Year DLP Supporter

Just been updated with chapter 23.

I still have no idea who 'that Fucker' is.. and how does the sacrifice work? Was it mentioned in an earlier chapter?

Last edited: Nov 28, 2007
  9. thapagan

thapagan High Inquisitor

"ah the obliviate game", one of my favorites, strong ending for this chapter.

10. Boofers

Boofers Groundskeeper

“Refresh my memory,” Jimmy said beginning the walk down the spiral staircase. “I think I’ve played the obliviate game before but I’m kind of fuzzy on the rules.”

Lulz

11. Drake

Drake Seventh Year

This chapter was really refreshing from all the serious stories I've been reading. I was hoping for another "morning after" scene, but I guess I can wait. Can't wait for the next chapter, or the results of the oblivate game lawl.

12. Othalan

Othalan Headmaster DLP Supporter

Another great chappy from jbern. Entertaining, as always!

Gotta love that shit!

13. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Not Jbern. Nonjon. Say it with me. Nooooooonjooooooooon.

14. Coyote

Coyote He howls n' stuff

...Rofl.

Poor nonjon.

15. jbern

jbern Alba Mater

Yeah definitely Nonjon on this one. My fanfics can't touch his when it comes to humor.

Great chapter by the way. The byplay between Dumbledore and Harry came off quite well. The only thing I thought of after the fact was trying to recall if the portrait of Nigellus still hangs in Dumbledore's office or if they shut that avenue off early in the story.

Of course, you could always have a drunken Harry or Sirius challenge the other one to lift the greatest of prizes, Dumbledore's candy dish!

Naturally, Harry needs to have Jimmy mention around Albus that he's going over to #12 to get some special tutoring from Bellatrix.

Jim

16. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

If my head's on right, then I'm pretty sure that after Harry and Sirius had a meal at Hogwarts they had a little challenge about stealing from Dumbledore's office. Sirius stole a "Put-Outer" that he thought was a "deluminator". Harry pretended to steal the Sorting Hat, but actually stole the portrait of Phineas Nigellus and replaced it with an empty frame.

They've not had any success in their plan to create a giant portrait spy network yet. The Phineas portrait from Hogwarts was the one that Bellatrix talked to when Kreacher led her to the pureblood rogues gallery.

17. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

Any idea when we'll be seeing the net chapter?

Think its about time to do another robbery. I'm interested to see if they finally do Malfoy.

18. Link

Link Order Member DLP Supporter

I'd be more than happy if they did Malfoy in ways other than robbery.

So, nonjon, did your muse come back?

19. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

It's not my muse that was the problem as much as it was my Mom's cancer. Which appears completely gone now that they carved out her insides. My sister finally flew back to the other side of the country this weekend, so now it's back to just me helping Mom get around for the next few weeks.

I haven't even opened the next chapter's document in over a month but I plan to soon. Believe me, I want to get this fic done. Probably only about a half dozen chapters to go. Give or take a half dozen.

On my yahoogroup I hoped (haven't promised anything but hoped) to get the next chapter out by mid-January. Still hoping for that. Unlikely this coming weekend, but the following one seems within reason for the moment.

20. Garret P.I.

Garret P.I. Backtraced

Well, my prayers are with your mother for her recovery. I hope that they got it all and that her recovery is without complications.

My sister had a bout where they had to perform a histerectomy on her... and she's recovered well from it (does take hormone therapy though still I think)

You focus on what's important there, and just be there for your mom. You never know when it'll be the last time you're with her.