1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned A Black's Blessing in Green and Silver by Lord Perth - T

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by Antivash, Nov 30, 2005.

1. vlad

vlad Banned ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Doesn't belong in the library.

If it was continued, I'd be inclined to give it the benefit of the doubt (or at least keep reading). As it is, it's clearly abandoned, and the eight chapters essentially hash out the stereotypical trip to Diagon Alley. Harry is the richest person alive. The Potters are the direct descendants of Gryffindor (though nobody knows this). Harry can speak to Griffins. Harry is in a marriage contract with Blaise, and takes it in stride - meeting her a few days later, wondering why he never noticed a doll like her before, and then buys the engagement ring...

2/5 at best

2. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

Updated the first post and thread title. I figure it's been two years and no word as far as I know is enough to call this abandoned.

3. Scrittore

Scrittore Groundskeeper

As originally stated this story is 25,719 Words - 8 Chapters. It is seemingly abandoned as well as given the title, etc.

So this story starts out with Remus's letter saying Harry is going to Sirius's will reading tomorrow. Harry is a bit angsty though.

Harry then gets 50% of the Black Fortune, heads of the Potter/Black households. Nothing unusual out of the ordinary will reading so far.

Ah fuck, knew it was too good to be true.

Ah fuck again, the richest person in the Wizarding World? Ugh

Well, at least there's no Griphook involved. Finally, a Griphook free sto-

O.O

Alright well, that's the first chapter. Things couldn't get that much more cliche could they? :confused:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImLwo5RLZ7Y&feature=related

$20 it's a Griffin or a Phoenix.

Harry goes shopping then, shopping..O.O

What. The. Fuck. Harry can not only talk to Griffins but he can buy such rare creatures as if they're household dogs. O.O

Clothes costing more then Griffins? *Facepalm*

He then meets up with Dumbledore and:

Plus, he wants the Chamber of Secrets as his own private den basically.

Well this is an unsurprising development.

Of course, Harry acts like he's never seen her before because he spent all his time ogling Cho Chang last year.

That response is ruined by that simple error.

Harry's sure moving quick. Also, more shopping? :eek:

Harry you twit, an oath isn't something you just throw around like candy. Besides, the fact Blaise is wearing an engagement ring might make it obvious that she's engaged to you.

Of course, Rico Suave err Harry is the perfect gentleman now.

The man returned carrying two baskets, each one holding a golden griffin.

Again, treating Griffins like they're household pets.

Harry then names them Lily and James. O.O

Harrr, Harry got cockblocked. :awesome

Then it's time for Harry to meet his future in-Laws. It's his birthday as well. Of course, they go to the Zabinis, they all get along. Daphne and Tracy also get along with Harry. If anyone smirked or smiled anymore, their faces may get stuck that way.

Contact lenses, really? Just had to throw in the eyesight fixing plus a Griffin earring.

Harry then proceeds to get almost an owl in everything but History of Magic.

Magical World Politics? Really? Hmm..I don't call that being on the course list at Hogwarts.

The Monroe Family? What the fuck? Just what Harry needs, another 750 million galleons and more land.

Of course! Narcissa's good!

Of course, poor Narcissa, being a trophy wife in a rich family. That must of been such a hard and tough experience to go through. :rolleyes:

Of course, this will result in Harry using the rooms with women.

Harry also now controls Hogwarts, great, just great.

I could not stand this story anymore so I skimmed down to see this:

Sigh, one of the last cliches not included. Harry is no longer even Harry but some other figure that was self-inserted. Giving this story a 2/5 would excuse the amount of cliches but even the lapse of logic in some things that were written. Plus, it's abandoned. I'm going to give this story a 1/5.

4. Silens Cursor

Silens Cursor The Silencer DLP Supporter

I had more fun reading Scrittore's review than reading the actual story.

1/5, and definitely not Recycling Bin worthy.

5. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

This is one of the things that makes me rage.
    Anyone who does this needs punched in the god-damned throat.

GLEAM = A small, bright light. A glint. -OR- a brief/faint appearance, as in hope.

GLEAN = To gain, gather, acquire, especially in the case of information.