1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete A Cadmean Victory by DarknessEnthroned - M

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Skeletaure, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Torol

Torol Banned

The main problem with writing a subvert the cliche fic is the cliche still exist and bore the hell out of you. This was poorly written. The author just rehashed canon in GOF despite all the changes. Harry is not Harry. He seems like a sociopath who suddenly hates his friends and devlops an insane obsession with Fleur. Fleur also seems like a sociopath who can't let go of Harry. The best part of the fic is Salazar, Katie and Neville interactions. I never managed to finish the fic. 2/5. If it had been Harry/Katie it might have been better.

2. Lucius

Lucius Banned

The entire Katie Bell arc is so full of unnecessary drama which adds nothing to the story other than poor excuse Why Fleur is the one for Harry and not Katie. I feel like this shining at the cost of others is really the worst way to set up a romance.

Not to mention that Harry wasn't enjoyable to read with all his sulking. Salazar was the only saving grace of this fic and kept me reading.