1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

A Canon Arguement for Harry/Draco

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Giovanni, Jan 22, 2006.

?

Harry/Draco UST or No?

1. Gio Put The Crack Pipe Dowwwwn *backs away*

93.2%
  2. No

5.1%
  3. Yes

1.7%
  4. Obviously

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Goddess of Ran

Goddess of Ran Sixth Year

I already did :puke:

2. Mrriddler

Mrriddler High Inquisitor

Somewhere high, somewhere low and somewhere in bet
    ...wtf, man :oops: ugh this is getting worse. Next thing you know you'll get Snape thrown in somehow.

3. Goddess of Ran

You jsut had to say it didn't you?
    :puke:
    :puke:

4. Xanatos

Xanatos Professor

Gio, u have a point about the half obcessing thing

but JK, in her infinite wisdom, made harry way to obcessive

obcessed with cho chang, obcessed with quidditch, obcessed wtih being dumbledores bitch, obcessed with a ginger slut, obcessed with not learning any decent spells, obcessed with making sure hes gonna lose to voldy.....

and the list goes on...

5. Goddess of Ran

Hey, so long as he doesn't get TOO obsessed with Malfoy then it's alright.

6. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

Harry's Obsessions:

Obsessed with Cho Chang (Lust and love)
    Obsessed with the red-headed cum dumpster (Love and Lust)
    Obsessed with Quidditch (He loves his broomstick)
    Obsessed with Being Dumbledores Bitch (He loves Dumbledore and "is his man through and through."
    Obsessed with not learning any good spells (he loves slacking)
    Obsessed with losing to Voldemort (again he loves slacking)
    Obsessed with Draco (*winks suggestively*)

So lets see... Everything on that list down to the last one can be traced back to love or something sexual. Methinks your list doth proveth Harry/Draco in Book 7. I mean she set it up perfectly with their interactions in Book 6. They are obviously two young angsty gay guys *snickers*

And as for Snape... Sorry, but not even I can come up with a quasi-legitimate, semi-skewed reason d'etre for that.

7. Goddess of Ran

Better just two gay guys than three. But no gay guys are still better anyday.

8. Xanatos

Xanatos Professor

Knowing JK, she'll be searching the net for fan fictions she can steal for book 7, find a way here, read this and think yeah! thats a great plan, i meant to do that of course :roll:

9. Goddess of Ran

If she does that I might as well just skip book 7 and start reading a random slash fic. After I kill her of course.

10. Aura

Aura Seventh Year

[quote="Goddess of RanIf she does that I might as well just skip book 7 and start reading a random slash fic. After I kill her of course.[/quote]

*Hem Hem*

I say death is a pleasure compared to what we can do to her with our kitchenware implements of doom.

11. Goddess of Ran

*Sits down and thinks*

Good point. I'll sharpen my Bread Knife of Doom™ then. Think she'd mind if I popped right in during the middle of the night holding a bread knife?

12. apocalypsemeow

apocalypsemeow Professor DLP Supporter

Good god...Harry and Draco are totally into each other!!! I mean, they are OBSESSED with each other here people. Granted, I am one of those 13 year old girl (HEY...I'm gonna be 14 soon!) slash supporters (don't write it, read it)...And I shall defend it to the death! (mine may be impending, as I see all you advancing with your kitchenware...*brandishes torte knife of doom*) Fear not, I shall post no links.

You do realize though, that if we use the Love/Hate relationship arguments, we end up with practically valid evidence that
    Harry and all the death eaters harbor secret loves for each other,
    Harry and Voldemort are totally into each other...Voldemort in particular, he had a thing for Harry since his birth,
    Harry and Draco...Need I say more?
    Harry and Snape...Snape has the triple whammy of hating Harry's dad, being a Voldie supporter, and just hating Harry all around
    Harry and (uber icky) UMBRIDGE...EWW EWW EWW!!!!!!
    Harry and all the Slytherins (H/D is foremost, but for all you slash haters, how about...H/P?)
    Harry and the Dursleys?!

*coughs* well, I have currently run out of ideas... GO SLASH!!! Er...I still have my trusty kitchenware to defend me!

13. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Everyone, I came here to escape the slash fans and the fluffy aspects of the fandom, I may be a bit harsh here...

H/D makes sense to me, I still wont fucking read it though. It makes sense in that " hes always thinking about him in canon " arguement. Not love/hate; most illogical idea I've heard perpetuated since my younger years. If your angry with someone, that doesn't mean you secretly want to bugger them. Someone bumps into you, and you get pissed, do you secretly love them?

Bloody figures. That stereotype has held tried & true for atleast a year now, maybe more? You just reenforced it.

So wait, you find a canon- "greasy" old man(40-50years/old), who is also his teacher, buggering a 16-17 year old boy less squick worthy then a straight pairing, albeit with a fat chick? What the Hell....? Seriously... I'm astounded... Ev-ngelicals make more sense then this, and they come up with some crazy shit.

Assuming you mean Pansy.. I fully support this pairing, any slytherinFemale!HP that can make him any less of a pussy is fine by me.

Would never happen. Fandom authors prefer to bash the Dursleys. :roll:

________________________________________________----------
    Treason Act: 1351
    [

14. apocalypsemeow

Well, yeah. I might want to add that I only read H/D, and H/Slytherin is all good. The others were mostly just me being weird. I'm all for Dursley (and Ginny) bashing. I am the stereotype. Though you can blame my friends.
    Also...I don't run...except to sharpen my Uber Torte Knife of Doom.
    EDIT: I also must note that I at least like Snape character, him screwing Harry is seriously wrong, but at least his character is better than UMBRIDGE!!![/i]

15. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

I disagree, Snapes character is well-rounded out - snarky, asshole, and most importantly - traitor/twice.
    Umbridge however isn't. We know she plays the politicians, we know shes a racist & we know she uses strictly illegal things. That's the extent though.. much more room for development as a character.

16. apocalypsemeow

Well, I still say Snape is better. I really dislike Umbridge, she is probably a Voldemort supporter. Snape- 2XTraitor...meh...You have no idea just how much I try and ignore the last bit of the sixth book.
    Umbridge, development? yeah, watch her develop into Voldemort's left-hand (wo)man.

17. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Hah, I dont see Umbridge going that way. I know plenty of people with superiority/race/gender complexs that are fairly radical about it but wouldn't join the KKK or any group of the like. However, this is where "development" comes into play. If a teenager girl can write about two guys buttfucking each other, clone it 80,000 times, and have it widely accepted in Community A, then Community A should also accept Umbridge-development. Not likely though.

18. apocalypsemeow

I am feeling slightly dissed here. Oh well, I knew that would happen, and I was warned.
    Well, for one thing, I only like well-written H/D. I suppose if somebody told me to go read some well-written Umbridge development, I'd be open to it. I mean, I am fairly open. And though I am probably the stereotypical, how many in my stereotype would actually be open to two gay guys? I mean, there is group A, as you said, but I bet that group A only likes slash 'cause they think H/D is hot. I am not sure group A is actually all that open. That would be group B...I would consider myself in group B

19. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

Congrats, you have just perpetuated every single negative stereotype about slash readers.

*claps hands*

Its the obsession combined with the anger that is the bulk of the "evidence" supporting the argument in favor of H/D slash. I will admit that in books 1-5 the pairing has more evidence in favor of it than H/G or even H/C.

However through your posts you have convinced me that the pairing should go the way of Harry/Umbridge. Congrats.

20. Mrriddler

Mrriddler High Inquisitor

Somewhere high, somewhere low and somewhere in bet
    Even if no one else says it, I'll say that the thought is very appreciated, but at the same time, well **looks at your age** winks, we'll see about that right? I mean, no offense, but I remember reading HP fiction not too years older than you and well those were the old days.

Wait one sec. YOU are female. The very notion of male-male is completely unattainable/alien to you, it's a fantasy. People can have VERY weird fantasies. Openness for YOU, provided you are hetero, would be defined by if you were open to [bold]fem slash[/bold] so the point you make about slash is mote. I mean, I’m a hetero-guy, does the fact that I rather enjoy good fem-slash make me ‘open.’ Well if it does I want to know in which language ‘male chauvinist pig’ means open.

But otherwise, Gio man, give the girl some credit for bravery. Besides, it’s her own P-o-V, so mehe. The only thing that really freaks me about HP slash now days compared to oldie classics is the prevalence of M-preg. I mean wtf…if you take that route, at least write how magic allowed something so freaky happen, but NOOO, slash authors have to make it seem as if it’s as normal as a regular kind of pregnancy. And that’s the thing, do you accept THIS kind of m-preg in those
    ? If so….well.