1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

A Hunt of Thrones II: Beyond the Wall - Town wins!

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Lutris, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Anya

Anya Harley Quinn DLP Supporter

Lord Commander Vote: Moridin

I pretty much just picked randomly. :/

2. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

The 1st Lord Commander Election

NOMINATIONS:
    Moridin (3): Eternity Lost, Lungs, Snowflake
    Lungs (3): Sacrifice, Aekiel, Krogan
    Fenraellis (3): CheddarTrek, Ashaya, Yeagen
    KaiDASH (3): guljons, Aziraphale, Taure
    Sesc (3): Gila, Nemrut, LochNess
    Vesvius (2): Kensington, Gambit
    Ashaya (1): Anya, Sesc

ELECTORAL CANDIDATES:
    (13 votes to win - 7 people have not voted.)
    Lungs
    (3): Lungs, Sacrifice, Gambit
    Moridin (3): Vesvius, Eternity Lost, Anya
    Fenraellis (5): Snowflake, Kensington, CheddarTrek, Moridin, Yeagen
    KaiDASH (3): KaiDASH, Aziraphale, guljons
    Sesc (4): Taure, Nemrut, Gila, Sacrifice

---------------------------------------

The following players have not declared any nominations of their own:

Moridin
    KaiDASH
    Geabe
    Vesvius
    Fenraellis
    jwlk

---------------------------------------

I fear I've made a bit of a blunder, but thankfully it's still Day 1 (thank god for a lack of a time limit!) and no Night Actions have been filed and nobody's died yet so hopefully it'll only cause minor confusion. I misquoted the role details for THE RED PRIESTESS in the final ruleset- I'd changed it in the 2nd-to-last edition, to reflect game balance issues.

At the time of this post it says this:

When it should say this:

I apologize for my mishandling the game like this, and as soon as I've posted this I'm going to make the changes in the official Ruleset and the role details in the Red Priestess's private QT.

---------------------------------------​

As a reminder (since somebody seems to have done it), I would like to say that quoting your QuickTopic is strictlyFORBIDDEN. Don't do it unless you have my express permission. Divulging information from your QuickTopic is fine- just don't be quoting anything from it. It's outside the scope of the game, and I severely disapprove of quote-un-quote 'tactics' involving QT abuse. It'll earn you an automatic banning from any future games I run if you do.

Anyway, sorry for the inconvenience. Hunt on!

Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
  3. Gila

Gila Second Year DLP Supporter

I nominated Sesc so might as well vote for him too.

Lord Commander Vote: Sesc

4. Sacrifice

Sacrifice Guest

Lutris you didn't count my standard vote. Never mind.

Rescind Standard Vote

It also seems like Fen is leading and Sesc needs only one more to tie him.
    Nothing personal against you, Fen, but I doubt you are town and don't want you to get this title.

Rescind Lord Commander Vote

Lord Commander Vote: Sesc

5. guljons

guljons Squib

For now I will vote for my nomination, but if it doesn't go anywhere will of course change to one of the other LC candidates who will seem best for the job.

Lord Commander Vote: KaiDASH

So out of the 5 candidates do you realistically think that there could be at least 1 scum in there? You could probably count Ves in there too, because he had some early support.

6. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I think there's probably at least two scum in the selections. One from the Red King's Court, the other from the Wildlings. The White Walker, if he's smart, wouldn't want himself put up for running, since he's best suited to staying in the background until the late game. Then again, people aren't nominating themselves in this, so if someone has (by random chance) picked the White Walker as their candidate, it would seem to me that they'd be stuck in a crappy position.

Like say, Fenraellis is at the moment. He's got the nomination, but he doesn't seem to want it. He voted for KaiDASH when you can vote for yourself (just not nominate yourself). It seems to me that he's wanting to avoid becoming the first Lord Commander without actually turning it down.

Now, I'm not accusing him of being the White Walker at this point, but the way I see it, if the Walker were to be nominated, this would probably be the way he'd act.

7. Eternity Lost

Eternity Lost Squib

I agree with you Aekiel, he doesn't seem to want it. The only place he mentions wanting it is here:

This does look like what scum who didn't want the lord commander nomination would act like. Maybe his faction already has a nominee or he's the White Walker, I don't know. In fact I'm leaning towards him and Cheddar being on one of either the Wildings ot the Red King's court.

But I'm failing to see where idea about him voting for Kaidash comes from?

---------- Post automerged at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

He hasn't voted yet.

8. Aekiel

High Score:
    Oops. Confused him with Aziraphale for a moment there. Their avatars remind me of each of them, for some reason.

9. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Well, I was mostly somewhat perturbed by Cheddar's surging support for me, when I don't actually have any sort of direct affiliation with her. So, like I said, I appreciated it in a way, but it was also rather offputting.

That being said, I certainly wouldn't mind the position, as being protected from the White Walker indefinitely, and having a free survival from the Scum factions is certainly more appealing to me in this ruleset, than the previous "Mayor" elections that we have had in the other games. Not to mention the extra information from the checks will help to root out the Scum.

Either way, I'm hardly any less suspicious of Sacrifice(and I would have to look back, but there was somebody else), for trying to make a case against me based upon something I didn't even say. The bit about the Horn of Winter, when I had expressedly said that it was my belief "based upon the wording". For what it's worth, I had been asking for clarification regarding the matter a few times in my QT, myself, prior to Lutris answering in-thread.

Anyway, I'm off to class once more, but since unlike the relatively unexpected Nomination, one can actually vote for themselves, I think I actually will:
    Lord Commander Vote: Fenraellis

---------- Post automerged at 09:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 AM ----------

Also... what? How does my avatar remind you of Aziraphale:confused:

10. Aekiel

High Score:
    No idea why, but I always confuse your two avatars. Must be a mismatch in my brain.

11. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

Well for now

Vote Lord Commander: Sesc

Depending how the voting goes I would be willing to switch it, not gonna go to Fen though as, like everyone's stated, he doesn't seem to want it a lot and is playing a bit like how we could imagine a scum to.

12. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

I think you guys are assuming too much wrt what (scum) roles would and would not want the LC.

If Fenraellis was a non-ww scum, what motive would he have to dissuade votes on him?
    - He wants to stay 'out of the spotlight'?​
    No that's clearly wrong, since simply by existing and playing the game he's gathered support (and attention) seemingly completely by accident.
    - He has a scumbuddy already in the running and *insert your implications here*​
    No, that's also clearly wrong, since popular assumptions are that each scum faction will only put forward 1 candidate at most. So if fen stayed in the race (or didn't actively try to stay out of it) then it would throwoff worldbuilding since people would assume 1 wildling candidate, 1 red court and 0 ww (wtf?) when it's actually two wildling (or red court).

If Fenraellis was the ww, what motive would he have to dissuade votes on him?
    Well, imo - None.

The white walker definitely wants to get LC (and no, I'm not going to go into reasons, it should be obvious why) and if it was happening without any effort required, well then.

Also aekiel, eternity lost and lochness are hedging and generally being safe as hell in what they say wrt Fen's scumtells ('well hes acting in a way i would expect scum to act but i'm not going to do anything about it'), so (this is where I go to look up what the syntax is for a lynch vote, because stop being lazy lutris)

Standard Vote: Player Aekiel

13. Aekiel

High Score:
    Yes I'm being safe, because the Lord Commander vote isn't over yet, and lynches don't happen until after that is done. If Fenraellis is elected Lord Commander then I don't see any point in voting to lynch him, since popular opinion would already have him as unlynchable (seriously, elect him LC then lynch him? It just doesn't make sense) for at least the first day.

I've put my vote in for Lungs as LC since he reads as town to me at the moment. I'm not voting for Fen because of the scumtells I highlighted earlier. His initial downplaying of the nominations he received suggests to me that he didn't want to acquire his involuntary bandwagon, and I feel that it would be silly for any town player to refuse a nomination simply because their chance of winning the election would remove it from scum hands.

All in all, I'm waiting for the Lord Commander vote to finish before I vote to lynch anybody, because it's pointless voting to lynch the person who may be the Lord Commander soon.

14. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Color scheme probably, if I just glance over it quickly I've gotten them confused before as well.

15. Aekiel

High Score:
    Also, I don't see why the White Walker would want to be the first Lord Commander. The First LC is going to die, simply because at least two of the scum factions are going to want him dead in order to try and get their candidate in afterwards. If the White Walker were to be the first Lord Commander, it would eventually show up that he is unkillable, at which point lynching him becomes practically a necessity. Only two town roles have an extra life, and though counter claiming would potentially give away two of our best roles, if the reward is killing the White Walker, I'd be willing to take the risk.

---------- Post automerged at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

Probably, I only really look at avatars if there are tits involved. :p

16. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The Walker can't be lynched and touche, I only pay attention if its tits or moving :p.

17. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

I'm not doing anything about it right now because although his actions make me wary of electing him LC, it isn't enough for me to say I think he is for sure scum so lynch him right now. For LC I want to see someone who is really seeming to be protown, not someone who is making me actively question their behaviour. But just because I am questioning someone, I don't think I should automatically vote them off right away. The day is going on, and if every person I found suspicious I voted for, I would end up changing my vote 20 times.

Best to wait and see LC elections in my opinion and go from there.

18. Aekiel

High Score:
    Ah yes, my mistake. I meant to say that the Blacksmith should give the Valyrian Steel Sword to somebody so that he can be killed. Then again, if he looks to be unkillable during the night, lynching him could be a good move, just in case he's nightkill immune but not the White Walker. Giving away one of our best weapons against the WW when we're not certain it's him would be a bad move on our part.

19. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Eh, I don't really support you. At least not in my head. I think I mentioned yesterday that I was actually becoming suspicious of you, but so far I'm not much less suspicious of anyone else. Aekiel (I think) explained the reasons better than I could, but the general idea is the same.

But I still hold by my original concept that it's very hard to pick someone to nominate that early on, so picking randomly can be a good idea. This, with all the interesting things my "unintentional bandwagon" has sparked, only encourages me.

Oh, and sorry to be offputting buddy. *fist bump* Just playing the game.

20. Aekiel

High Score:
    Hmm, as I go along I'm seeing more and more holes in this scenario.

I'm still very suspicious of Fenraellis and his inexplicable bandwagon, but the scenario for him being the White Walker is looking less and less certain as I examine it. He's my main candidate for scum at this point though, so I'd vote to lynch him, should he fail to become the Lord Commander.