1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

A Hunt of Thrones II: Beyond the Wall - Town wins!

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Lutris, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Sacrifice: Ser Piggy is actually more valuable if he doesn't kill at first. If he just plays under the radar, Piggy works as a poor man's scout. He might not know everyone's roles upon death and he might not get results instantly, but he can figure out who was scum and who wasn't by seeing when he can kill people. Plus, Piggy's slaying ability is just more effective in mid to end game.

guljons: A question for you. Should the innocent be lynched now or during late game? Explain your reasoning.

2. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Fuck it, I'll answer all the questions not answered yet. I have nothing better to do >_>

Ser Piggy: Well, his active ability is just the vigilante, so kill whoever you think is scum. His passive abilities though, makes it so he can be more aggressive, and would be a good choice for ranging as long as they time it to make sure they can still use their active ability.

Captain sacrifice: Go with a gut feeling, look through their posts and see if they could be something important. If yes, then i'd save them.

Maester: Sure of what? I think only a couple of roles could deceive the Maester, but I believe they should wait as long as possible before claiming. Dropping hints as they go along as to what they found

Best suited to go ranging: Ser Piggy, The Steward, and anyone else who doesn't have an active ability. Rapist/ Innocent/ etc

Best scum: I'd say the Others or the Red Kings Court, both seem pretty stacked, but White Walker sounds more fun to play, and if you can survive till mid-game, they'd be pretty set.

BlackSmith: I'd only give the Sword if we have a confirmed White Walker that is going to win if he doesn't die. At that point, it doesn't matter if town/mafia get the sword, They will kill the White Walker or we'd lose :p

---------- Post automerged at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

Ves, Piggy might know who's who, but how does that help the town? Unless he role reveals of course. The vigilante kill tells the town they messed up and killed 2 innocents, so I think unless there are extenuating circumstances, Piggy should kill who he thinks is scum.

3. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm considering nominating one of a couple people who don't seem too bad so far, but I want to be sure everyone has had a chance to post.

4. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

It doesn't matter particularly for these questions (generic questions that have been asked a million times ahoy) but for future questions do not answer them unless the person who was asked has already done so.

Now jwlk: care to say why such a setup would be beneficial?

5. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Yo dudes, Cheddar is up in da hou-- er, Wall.

I gotta say that my first impression is to be suspicious of Lungs. He listed everyone and marked most of them off, so my instinct says that he's scum and he's marked off everyone but other members of his faction plus a few other unlikelies (to make it look more innocent).

On the other hand, if I don't listen to him then I have no good idea who to nominate or who to vote for.

I think I might nominate Fenraellis (I rolled the dice for the acceptables off of Lungs's list) next time I'm in the thread, unless someone else impresses me / gives me a reason not to.

6. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Uhh.. oops? I was just bored, but I guess I can see why not answering other people's questions can be a good thing.

Your question, is it asking why it is not a good idea to answer other people's questions? If yah, then its because they won't feel the need to answer, therefore losing insight on what they would have posted? Or possibly, they would have answered with something that could have given them away as scum, and with me having posted answers they could have realized their error?

If thats not what you were asking then I don't understand the question >_> :p

7. Gila

Gila Second Year DLP Supporter

Hi everybody and good morning! Firstly I would like to object to being characterized as lurker. I don't generally lurk, unless I'm busy in irl or seriously confused. I might post somewhat less than other people due to the fact that you lot tend to post a lot when I'm sleeping, but I should be reasonably active now that I've got nothing special going on. With that being said I'm not a very good player yet either.

Lungs, why do you feel newbness is a good reason to strike somebody out as a candidate? As far as I can see the Lord Commander just gets the results of the check and I really don't see why they shouldn't immediately reveal the results they got. Unless I'm missing something here?

How is the Ser Piggy's ability more valuable if he doesn't kill? As far as I see he doesn't get any more information even if he doesn't kill. So what exactly does he gain by not killing?

8. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Oh. Well, here's a question for pretty much anyone.

What role do you think is best suited to being Lord Commander?

9. Gila

Unless I totally missed something about the mechanic, I'd say the rapist is at least a pretty good candidate. They are as close to self confirmable as you can get in this game and they are not an important role if they get killed.

10. KaiDASH

my role

/10char

11. Sacrifice

Sacrifice Guest

ORIGINAL ROLE NAME - [LORD COMMANDER]

Passive Abilities:
    -SWORN BROTHERS: In the morning, you learn the results of the previous Night's RANGER CHECK.
    -LORD COMMANDER: You cannot be sent Ranging, and also become immune to ONE otherwise fatal attack (not necessarily a Night Kill) made by the Wildlings or the Red King's Court.
    ...+ORIGINAL PASSIVE ABILITIES

Active Abilties:
    +ORIGINAL ACTIVE ABILITIES

I do not know which role is more suitable to become a Lord Commander. However, personally, I think Ser Piggy and The Steward should not become the Lord Commander, since Dragonglass dagger ability is a good way to get yourself ranged, and then making the White Walker fail a Winter kill.

12. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Are we meant to just take your word on that?

13. KaiDASH

Are you role fishing?

14. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I must confess, I might be a bit biased, but... I feel the scum tell like no other in this post.

>"No good idea who to nominate or who to vote for"
    >Rolls RNG

:\

---------- Post automerged at 01:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 AM ----------

It is the worst kind of metagaming. Those of the people I've played many, many games with, and thus, have a baseline to how they react to a certain question or thing, etc, based on their roles. For example, I know how Kai acts when he's scum (generally), I know how Fen tends to do his analysis. I know why and for what reason jwlk posts when he's town, etc etc etc.

The Lord Commander is a high profile role which gets the most publicized check in the game. Even better is the layer of protection the role comes with, etc - if it's in scum hands, it's an absolutely fantastic tool.

That's why I feel the need to guarantee as much as possible that it's not scum with the role, because otherwise, we'd all be fucked.

---------- Post automerged at 01:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 AM ----------

Kai, tone the passive-agressiveness down - you know he meant it rhetorically. :colbert:

15. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Not particularly, but if you were serious then I'm sure some people think they already have some idea of what your role could possibly be. I just thought it an odd answer to the question I asked :p

16. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm sorta with Lungs on this one, but then again she didn't toss an actual nomination for him out.

17. Gila

That might work good for you, but what about the rest of us who aren't as familiar with meta due to newbness or whatever? We don't know if you are town or not. You might be pushing your own scum candidate through and then going "hye, guyz, I totally know this is how my scumbuddy plays as town". Meta is kinda of hard to confirm unless you are willing to post stuff from previous games and show exactly how it is similar and that is a lot of work for anybody.

18. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Naah, thats just silly. Even if Lungs is scum, he wouldn't put his whole faction, or even a part of it, out like that to be referenced in the future.

I don't really think people should nominate other people willy nilly, this is a pretty big deal... This is one thing I wouldn't want going to the mafia to get. If we're going to nominate people, make it off the content of their posts, or something concrete at least :p

19. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    /me shrugs. Well, I'm glad that you're at least analyzing the stuff I post and not just lurking ;)

Okay, so general impression is pretty important, even without the meta - that's why those questions are asked, etc.

Being not-scum, and without a scum candidate, I can say that I'm... not? Meanwhile, you'd probably notice that everyone on that list is in my DLPhunt game (which denotes their ability) - that's the only way I can defend my choices for questioning and possible candidacy, absent an unending cycle of 'oh this is a metagaming bit'.

Meanwhile, this is all for my personal calculus - I think that everyone should be asking one another questions, etc, as opposed to just reading answers from people that I've asked. I mean, if y'all have a good reason to vote for a certain possible Lord Commander, go ahead. I'm just trying to form a base in which the town can build.

---------- Post automerged at 01:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 AM ----------

Ash, Moridin and jwlk are the only people remaining on my list. I don't know if Kens will make a good Lord Commander :p

Kai seems a little... off... to me.

And Cheddar 'randomly' rolled Fen, which makes me suspicious. Sorry if you're super town or something, Fen. /me shrugs.

So Cheddar, is my scumteam Ash, Moridin and jwlk? :rollseyes:

20. Sacrifice

Sacrifice Guest

Lungs, a question for you. It's impossible to nominate yourself, and you may not ask others to nominate you.

However, if we trust you enough and nominated you, you could become the Lord Commander.

So my question is do you mind becoming the Lord Commander?