1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

A Hunt of Thrones II: Beyond the Wall - Town wins!

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Lutris, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

If Ser Piggy can kill, that means there have been two mislynches. Which means that Fen is innocent. So if Ser Piggy can kill, he should kill the one person he knows is innocent?

Either you are scum making a fairly stupid play, or you misunderstood the role of Ser Piggy. Given how much said role has been discussed in the past ouple of pages, I'm leaning towards the former.

2. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Lol, I think that was a trip to derpingtown, EL. You should probably read the rules again -- it's roughly what you just said, only the opposite :p

3. Moridin

Let's look at possible scenarios.

We lynch Fen and he lives. He's either the Liar, the White Walker or the Onion Knight. If Ser Piggy gets a kill, we could tell that Fen was innocent by the extra kill. However, the lack of an extra kill is not proof that Fen is guilty, as the scum could have skipped the NightKill in order to show only one kill (Ser Piggy's) and paint Fen as guilty, something that would require Ser Piggy to reveal to disprove (and that would be bad).

We lynch Fen and he dies. In this case, he was the First Ranger, which would make lynching him a stupid move on our part.

So, yeah. I'm not seeing the argument for lynching him. If we trust Kai enough to reveal the results, we could ranger check him again, but then again we have the issue of only Kai knowing the real check result and the rest of us taking it on faith - which is something people already are uncomfortable with for the previous night's check.

4. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Ranger Vote: Anya

Ranger Vote: Krogan

I concur, it doesn't really seem to make much sense to lynch Fen at this point.

5. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Well, but forcing mafia to waste a NK is a success as well, isn't it? I think the real question is whether the knowledge you'd gain is useful. That's what I'm wondering, if we determine Fenraellis is mafia, we also know he's unlynchable. The only thing it'd do if he's mafia is provide a good future target for Ser Piggy.

6. Eternity Lost

Eternity Lost Squib

That was totally stupid. I wasn't thinking straight.

Now I'll think about it again and post then.

Sorry.

7. Azira

Azira High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

So lynching Fen isn't really good, and neither is lynching Sacrifice :/ What about the people who perpetuated Fens failed bandwagon? If he's town, they had no reason to really do it, if he's scum they could be his buddies.

8. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

If I could lynch the person that I am most suspicious of, it would be Gambit. Just look at his posts. Just blatantly scummy.

Hmm, can't hurt to see if anyone else agrees....

Deadline vote: Gambit

9. guljons

guljons Squib

Ranger Vote:Eternity Lost

So Aekiel died tonight and yesterday he stated that it would be likely that scum would kill Sacrifice if he was targeting somebody who was not in their faction. Well maybe he was wrong, but what if he was right? Sacrifice wanted to go for Vesvius. So maybe he was on the right trail.

Other possibility could be of course that they saw Fen surviving and not knowing if he was the WW decided to not yet kill a role that can off him if he really is tWW.

Or you know, Sacrifice didn't die, because he is the scum team who had a kill yesterday.

It would make sense killing Angry Knight knowing he is not targeting you, because you can't know if maybe later in the game he would change his mind.

10. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Still holding off on my lynch vote. Sacrifice is a bit fishy because he did give the options available for a legit role-claim: yes, it could be considered obvious, but even so. Don't all the scum factions have their own QT? If that's the case then he could have just told his scum-buddy (that sounds wrong) how to claim there, so that doesn't make much sense, unless he's just trying to cross-faction confuse everyone.Seems like the only suggested for killing so far are Gambit, Fen, and Sacrifice though, unless I'm missing someone.

11. Sacrifice

Sacrifice Guest

Well, since WW has yet to steal my votes,

12. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Really kind of out of it today. Can't think of anything of worth to post. I'll just throw my ranger votes on the wagon.

Will weigh in with witty and insightful commentary* when I don't feel like shit.

*Commentary will not be witty or insightful. In fact, it will probably be completly wrong and be a source of great amusement to observers and shame to me in the post game.

13. Moridin

14. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Well, unless SerP has his power activate today (which would mean that Fen is innocent), Fenraellis should be the default kill target for all roles that can do so (in the event they need to activate).

15. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Sob, no Ranger love.

Because I'm too lazy to go back and check - how much longer do we have in this phase?

16. Moridin

48 hours from the start of day, which means we have about 20 hours? I think.

17. Sacrifice

Sacrifice Guest

More than half the day is over, we really must decide on something. If lynching either me or Fen is a no go, we have to go for someone else.

18. Yeagen

Yeagen First Year

This day phase lasts for a maximum of 48 hours for us to determine a lynch target and rangers to go ranging. We have about 20 hours left I believe. I don't really have any good ideas on who to lynch right now, Gambit is looking suspicious for reasons that have already been stated but not enough to warrant a lynch vote just yet. I'm going to throw in my ranger vote now as I will be going to sleep soon. I'll check back on the thread in the morning, reread the thread a bit, and see if I can come up with any good ideas then.

Vote Ranger: Anya

Vote Ranger: Eternity Lost

19. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

Since Kens seems to want it...

Ranger vote: Kensington

Also, I dunno about you guys, but Gambit is very suspicious to me, and I already cast my vote. I don't really feel comfortable lynching Sacrifice or Fen.

20. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Alright Ashaya, I'll go with it for now... but mostly because I can't think of a reason to Lynch outside of Sacrifice/Gambit/Fen right now. I'm on the fence about all three, but I want to see what Fen/Sacrifice do/say tomorrow to make a more informed vote.

Deadline Vote: Gambit