1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

A Hunt of Thrones II: Beyond the Wall - Town wins!

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Lutris, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Not that I am advocating lynching KaiDASH, but the Lord Commander survives the first fatal attack from the Wildlings and Red King's Court. He does not have any explicit protection from lynches outside of a potential innate role ability.

Unless I missed KaiDASH roleclaiming one of the said roles, I don't see why you thought he would survive a lynch, aside from simply misreading the Lord Commander information.

2. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

Even if he wouldn't survive a lynch, the fact that everyone voted for him to be LC would mean that they aren't going to go all of a sudden and kill him off without a reason.

3. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

1) What Fen said.

2) Even if he checks guilty, we don't actually know that. What you'd mean is that KaiDASH says he checks guilty - which, tbh, has the same issue as Fen checking innocent but being the Onion Knight.

4. guljons

guljons Squib

Deadline Vote: Gambit

Only thing that could turn this around is probably something similar of what Sacrifice did yesterday.

I have a feeling that at least some of this doubting KaiDash thing is coming from scum. Even in the chance that he himself is one, someone from the other faction could still be doing it.

5. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

It does say Wildlings or Red King's Court, but it also says not necessarily a night kill. I'm going to ask Lutris for confirmation.

6. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Alright, I've re-read Gambit's posts and I can see why people suspect him. Seeing as how he appears to be the only viable lynch target this phase...

7. Ash

This is very true. We'll just have to see what happens. I have to say, I'm really disliking the fact that I do not trust the Lord Commander at all.

8. Azira

Azira High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Doesn't seem like anyone else is dying today and Gambit has been acting quite weirdly

9. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

This is likely due to the statement distinguishing role kills (like Giant's Blood or Servant of the Red God) from night kills. Lynches shouldn't count, though, since they are not by the Wildlings or Red King's Court.

---------- Post automerged at 12:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

Hmm, although the Servant thing can't be prevented. Lutris, which ability takes priority? I'm presuming Servant of the Red God.

10. Ash

Okay, so the LC will not survive a lynch, but he will survive an Azor Ahai lynch, King of Giants' kill if LC is a kill role, and any kill that the Wildings or Red King's Court are responsible.

Moridin:
    1:52 PM <Lutrichu> just tell the players that LC survivability takes priority every time against scum
    /from the mouth of the game host, glorious Lutris.

---------- Post automerged at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

The LC will die to any kill by Wildlings or Red King's Court, including Azor Ahai, Servant of the Red God, King of Giants' kill. He will not survive a lynch unless his original role is a lynch-surviving role.

Moridin:

1:52 PM <Lutrichu> just tell the players that LC survivability takes priority every time against scum
    /from the mouth of the game host, glorious Lutris

So, Kai will not survive a lynch. I'm obviously not advocating lynching him now, but well, it's something to keep in mind. We could replace him with Sacrifice, who is more likely to be innocent, and The Angry Knight to boot. In this case, scum would have to waste one of their kills on Sacrifice, then the next night, succeed in killing him, allowing him to use his Angry Knight kill without us wasting a town kill.

Of course, this all rides on us thinking Kai is scum. I do think so at the moment, but I wanted to bring it up now, as he's the best lynch target I can think of for tomorrow. I do have other scumreads, I think, but I thought I'd see how you all felt about this.

---------- Post automerged at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

Oops, thought my computer ate the first post XD

11. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Fen pretty much ignores everything anyone has said about him..... And hasn't commented on it past that one post, in which I don't remember him saying anything. I'm posting from school, so I can't check, but i've fairly sure that Fen is scum.

Also, will Kai die if they do a Zombie attack? If so... why would you post that, if potentially they weren't thinking it? I dunno, Kai isn't posting as much as he usually does, so I don't really know what I think about him

12. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Seeing that we are missing a good alternative to lynch:

13. Yeagen

Yeagen First Year

First of all, I'm deeply sorry about the loss of your grandmother Lutris.

So I'm mildly suspicious of Kaidash as well and I think it would be quite dangerous if a scum was elected Lord Commander. My only suggestion is the Maester could check the LC to see if he is guilty. If he is scum and he is not the King beyond the wall or the WW he will show up as guilty. However, the Maester should not reveal himself this early but at least he will know if the LC is guilty or not. It's not 100% guaranteed because of the King Beyond the Wall and the WW abilities to check innocent but I still think the LC should be checked. That way the Maester will hopefully know if the LC is lying about certain ranger checks and be able to catch a lot more scum that way.

I'm thinking Fen is guilty but if he is guilty he can't be lynched right now anyway if he is the White Walker or Onion Knight. We can always deal with him later with some of the role killing abilities as Kaidash said.

Okay, I'm going to throw in my vote for Gambit now. I do hope he says something in his defense though before the day is over because he should be given a chance to explain himself.

14. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Did I miss something? Where did the sudden suspicion against Kai come from? Obviously, we shouldn't exclude the possibility, as I said, but that doesn't mean I think he's super suspicious. Ashaya said this, and suddenly everyone comes out against him? :/

If we're doing the "I have a feeling" again, there's a lot of other people I find more suspicious than Kai at the moment.

Also, any chance Ollie might get in here and actually say something before day is over? In the next 3.5 hours?

15. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm here, and I've been prejudged for bad phrasing. at this point the most pro town thing to do is allow my lynch so that I don't constantly come up as a scum suspect so I'll go ahead and die.

16. Ash

I dunno about everyone else, but I just feel that Kai is being unnecessarily evasive. He has that "I know best" attitude going on, and it just plain rubs me the wrong way. Not to mention that he brought up in advance the possibility that he wouldn't get the results of a Fen check AGAIN, due to a zombie attack. Admittedly, this IS possible, but I just think it sounds like he could well be lying about not receiving the results.

17. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    This is why I said until we have some way of confirming what Kai is we should take absolutely whatever he tells us with a mountain of salt.

18. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    since I'm on my way out soon enough, remember that Ash, Fen, and Cheddar look like total scum.

19. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    No u, Ollie.

But actually, no u. You look like flailing scum. D8

Sorry I haven't been so active guy. Nuzlocke has taken over my life - I beat 1 and 99/100 games in like, 3 days, so whenever I should have been reading this thread, I was like "NAHHH POKEMON!" :3

20. Sacrifice

Sacrifice Guest

We've hit majority votes, but there's still some things we can discuss before Day ends.

Who should the Rangers check today? Or do we leave this entirely up to the Rangers?