1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

A Hunt of Thrones II: Beyond the Wall - Town wins!

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Lutris, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I don't think being the Lord Commander would be a net plus for the town such as some roles which are really vulnerable, or info roles, etc... but I think that it's better than if it went to scum.

Meanwhile, I don't think that I'll be voted for - I'm not a very trustworthy guy when I try to play well, apparently. D8

2. Gila

Gila Second Year DLP Supporter

Ok, you're on my town list, for now, Lungs. I've gotta go to school now, but I will be back with more questions and thoughts later.

3. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

AWWW LUNGS YOU THINK I AM DEVIOUS.

Anyway, I just got back from a long ass trip to two different airports, so I have just now read the thread. The answer to your question is obvious: I would wait until we either knew the White Walker or we at least had a very good idea of who the White Walker was. Then I would bequeath my sword of awesomeness and have that filthy White Walker cut to bits. FUCK YEAH.

Anyway, honestly, I don't quite know who I want to nominate at the moment, but then, I am kinda tired and not thinking entirely straight, so I think I will wait until the morning to nominate. I will still be up for a while to respond to any posts.

4. Lungs

High Score:
    Yeah, I think we can afford to wait until everyone has posted.

5. guljons

guljons Squib

I think it is better if he is lynched later in the game, because at the start scum is shooting in the dark for power roles as much as we for scum. If not for a massive derp of power role earlly, innocents lynch can give someone one essential night to gain information late in the game when he is already a target.

6. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

And so you should, because game started an hour after I went to bed. But alright, I'm here now. Active-is.

7. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

A good point.

Well, we have to nominate before we really get going so we aren't going to have anything more than early posts here to go off of. I guess I feel that over-analyzing early posts isn't going to go very far, because most would be smart enough to not give themselves away / whatever. But as has been pointed out, I'm a n00b (sort of)! That's why I picked someone off of the list that Lungs provided as a possible candidate.

Lungs - I didn't accuse you of being scum, I just said that was my first instinct. Which it was/is. Doesn't mean it is a hardcore view.

Now, who wants to sit around a fire and eat some horseflesh while we discuss this nomination stuff?!

8. Eternity Lost

Eternity Lost Squib

I'm here now and should be active-ish, depending on classes.

First thought is that Lungs is subtly directing people. He couldn't have got any reads on anyone as no one had actually posted before. What I think most suspicious, is how he's put 'at risk of early lynch' on some people.

Cheddar seemed suspicious, but she's right.

On the plus side, everyone's seems to be posting more than in other games, so we should have more reads to go off.

9. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

I think Lungs is getting his "reads" based on his knowledge of people's behavior from prior games. I'm still suspicious but later posts have tempered it.

10. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

As the Kingsguard in the previous Hunt of Thrones, I'll be the first to admit that this is a difficult role to play. There were several opportunities where I could have (and arguably should have) sacrificed myself (Zeitgeist called me out for it in the Angel QT, even) but I didn't because I honestly didn't believe that the players dying were town/important enough - although in hindsight that was obviously the wrong decision to make on several of those occasions.

As such, I'd simply say that the Captain should keep in mind that he could well be NK'd at any point in time, rendering his ability effectively useless. Of course, at the same time, don't be too eager to throw your life away unless you have reasonable certainty that the person you are saving is town - it would just suck to die for scum. Just don't play too cautious a game, is what I guess I am saying.

Hmm, this is a difficult one, because all three factions have some strong abilities. If the Wights and the White Walker could communicate, that would probably be the faction I'd pick, but as things stand, in the early game I think the Wildlings are the most powerful, in large part due to the King of Giants. A stray kill could effectively either hurt a rival scum faction badly or hit town by taking away one of our NK abilities. The Sixskins ability is also very strong, for obvious reasons.

Nearing the endgame, however, is where the Red King's Court becomes more powerful because of the accumulation of Converts, allowing them to either risk toughing it out and eking out a victory, or taking control over one lynch. The Red Priestess also has a power similar to the Sixskins ability, which also kills the target. This can be very strong if the Court has a read on an info role, for example. Also, two of them are immune to the White Walker's kill, and the third immune to Lynches. Smuggler is also a very useful tool which can provide info which, when revealed, could help cement a potential fake roleclaim.

The White Walker is a dangerous role, but not nearly as much as the other two scum factions imo, especially given the number of roles that survive at least one White Walker kill. The main problem we face from that role is the Winter Kill, but again, we have decent odds of surviving that.

11. Azira

Azira High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Morning guys and gals, glad to see theres alot of discussion going on, much better then games like DE3 where lurking nearly won the day. Im on my phone til the evening so can't really post coherently, but I promise to contribute more when on my computer.

12. Lungs

High Score:
    Go read the threads and see why Taure and Aek are at risk for early Death. You're guaranteed to get some good info off of it :3

It's just that they die really quickly in the more legit games.

Or maybe I'm butthurt over Dresden2, Aek ;P

@Moridin: Well, I asked you that because you WERE the Kingsguard. XD Glad you could give some insight into playing that role.

13. Sacrifice

Sacrifice Guest

THE OTHERS win when THE WHITE WALKER is the only remaining player alive, or if his defeat becomes impossible

Do you know what this means? It means if The Blacksmith dies before giving the Valyrian Steel, Ser Piggy dies and The Angry Knight dies, there are no more town players that can kill the White Walker. The only player remaining that can kill the White Walker after these three roles are dead, is a scum (the King of Giants). When all these roles die, The Others faction win.

That's the reason why we shouldn't underestimate the Others faction.
    Also, Reanimate steals votes permanently, I think that is something for us to worry about.
    Need I also remind you all about the Wights role-block ability?

14. Lungs

High Score:
    I have only these words: Kill that fucking Walker o.o

15. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Hmm very interesting so far, I'm halfway inclined to think Lungs is up to something but to be honest he always sounds like he's up to something. I've had a bajillion moments where I'd swear up one side and down the other he was scum and I was dead wrong.

As for who gets Lord Commander, I'm inclined to go with either Fen, Moridin or Ash at this point. Moridin is very level headed and methodical for the most part about these games and I think he'd do well with the role, Fen is just all around solid but I want to see what the has to say this time around more than anything and Ash is funny as hell so at absolutely bare minimum if she gets it it will be absurdly entertaining to watch.

16. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    LORD COMMANDER NOMINATION: VESVIUS

17. Lungs

High Score:
    Why are you nominating Vesvius?

I mean, I have nothing against him, I just don't understand.

@Vesvius: Do you think you'll make a good Lord Commander, assuming a third nomination and the required votes?

18. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yeah I would actually like a bit of clarification on that one as well, not that I'm arguing against him or saying he's a bad choice but you have to admit it seems a little odd to swoop in and post a random candidates name in big red letters and not try to explain it in the least.

19. Eternity Lost

Eternity Lost Squib

Lord Commander Nomination: Moridin

He's the person I think will do the best with the Lord Commander, while not being totally unreadable as scum.

20. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Especially considering he's only posted like 2(?) times. And hasn't really said much, tbh. Not that there is much to say, but you don't see anyone else having nominations.. :p

---------- Post automerged at 01:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 AM ----------

Ninja'd :p I guess you do see other people with nominations :D