1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

A Hunt of Thrones II: Beyond the Wall - Town wins!

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Lutris, Jan 31, 2012.

1. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

I'm not saying not to lynch her, obviously we have to lynch her on the off chance she is lynchable. But I think last ditch effort to further herself from the WW, which people will know she is after her lynch fails. Its pretty transparent, but theres not much else she can do.

2. Snowflake

Snowflake Guest

Does a lynch immune role still count as a death?

Interesting developments. I think both Fenraellis and Ashaya are scum. KaiDASH probably doesn't have a lot of liberty to lie because of the inforoles. Also, if Ash is the White Walker, the threat of reanimation is gone.

I wish we had a foolproof way of knowing if our Lord Commander is scum or not. :/

Deadline Vote: Ashaya

3. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Too much info typically makes for a worse game, rather than a better one.

4. Snowflake

Snowflake Guest

I almost forgot...while at this point I somewhat trust Sacrifice, shouldn't reanimation have happened by now? This makes me a little nervous.

Also:

Ranger Vote: Nemrut
    Ranger Vote: Aziraphale

5. guljons

guljons Squib

If Ash was the Liar or Onion she would not want to go ranging. Only way I see her going ,if she was these roles is, if she knew that she would get the dagger. She was the first to volunteer, but people only started to vote for her, when she stated again that she would want to go, but at that point she already knew that Taure would be going. So maybe she knew that she would get it. But I don't find this likely. She can't even be the Onion, because he used his ability to steal Rangers check. So yeah, this paragraph is really, really unlikely.

She would only want to go if she was the First Ranger or WW, but while ranging she said she would not want to die. So then why, if she was the First Ranger, she went ranging, when one of that roles greatest asset is to hinder WW by dying?

To go farther, tonight WW tried to kill Anya. She has the least amount of posts so WW probably thought that she was the least likely to get the dagger. Last nights rangers probably realized that. But in Night 1 it was the same for me, I was the least likely, but the WW went for Taure. Did WW do it because she/he knew he didn't have the dagger?

Only thing I can see as maybe Ash not lying is that, when I posted who Fen could be I missed him being the First Ranger, but Ashaya was the one who corrected me. Either she knew it, because she is him and knows his abilities, or as the WW she had studied all roles that can survive a lynch and had the list ready.

Of course she could just be lying about surviving the lynch and then she is someone else altogether.

So at least for now, but probably for forever:
    Deadline Vote: Ashaya

Ranger Vote: Nemrut

Will save the second vote for the the third ranger.

6. Anya

Anya Harley Quinn DLP Supporter

So EL posted a full transcript of the Rangers QT... In the Rangers QT. And then deleted it.

I saw it because I had subscribed to the thread and get emails every time someone posts there.

Why exactly does he need a full transcript? To post in his Faction QT perhaps?

7. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I could have sworn editing in QTs was not allowed... ?

8. Sacrifice

Sacrifice Guest

Since when was editting QT not allowed?

9. Snowflake

Snowflake Guest

I don't know, I always thought we weren't allowed to edit anything while playing Mafia...

10. KaiDASH

Since always, since you can't unsay something that has already been said.

Also, to prevent shenanigans with editing.

11. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Yeah, I remember playing in a game where there was a joint chat (possibly one where I was mafia) and edited out a grammatical error. I think Kai might have been the mod? Whoever it was asked me not to do it again. Not sure what the rule is for this game specifically, but as a general rule QT editing (or any editing/deleting of posted content) should not be allowed, especially in a shared setting like the Ranger QT.

12. Sacrifice

Sacrifice Guest

A single person QT should be fine, isn't it? Correct me if I am wrong

13. KaiDASH

Not really, say you're a role with action X.

During night you use action X on person y, then night ends. Shortly afterwards you realize that you shouldn't have used action X on person y, so you just go back and edit the post changing it to person z, then say that the game mod made a mistake and you used your power differently.

So to prevent shenanigans like that, editing/deleting is blanket banned.

Also it increases readability for people reading after the game ends.

14. Gila

Gila Second Year DLP Supporter

Well, I've edited my qt several times, because I didn't see anything wrong with it. I usually just edit it soon after posting when I notice I made a typo or something. When a post with an action is edited soon after deadline and the person is then claiming that the mod read his action wrong, I'm pretty sure everybody will be able to tell something shifty is going on. I can totally see why you shouldn't be able to edit something that is actually shared, but if people think I shouldn't edit my own ramblings either than I guess I can not from now on.

15. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Going back through Ollie's and Fen's posts, there are very few connections that I can find.

First, if Ollie was scum, he's not in the same faction as Moridin or Gila.

Also, if he was scum, I'm betting Kens is as well. They both randomly supported the same person for LC (myself), and Kens is the only person aside from Ash mentioned in a positive manner by him.

Fen, I didn't find much on at all. It's probably there, but requires a better player then I to find.

Since I don't need anymore time to go through the posts, I'll change to a standard vote now.

Rescind Deadline Vote

Standard Vote: Ashaya

16. Anya

Anya Harley Quinn DLP Supporter

Um. I wasn't actually... Didn't mean to have my post spur a bunch of comments about QT editing. Er. Okay. Just wanted to see if any one else thinks that he could be scum....

17. Snowflake

Snowflake Guest

I think the editing was about Eternity Lost..

Yeah, I think that's pretty suspicious. More importantly, I don't think it should be allowed for players to delete their posts.

18. KaiDASH

Mechanically, Fen has a 50% chance to be scum.

We already lynched him once because we think he is scum.

WHY THE HELL ARE WE IGNORING HIM??

19. Sacrifice

Sacrifice Guest

What do you propose we do about him? Asking him to true-claim and then see if anyone counter-claims?

20. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

Why are we just brushing over this? I think this is pretty much proof of him being scum. We ought to lynch him ASAP.

Also, this. Though, to be fair, it's pointless to lynch him, and it will just cause Ser Piggy to not be able to kill anyone, without us even successfully lynching him. I much prefer the plan of him being killed by Ser Piggy once he's had two consecutive mislynches. (Something that will happen either tonight, if Gambit is innocent, or tomorrow night, if whoever we lynch tomorrow is innocent)