1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

A Hunt of Thrones II: Beyond the Wall - Town wins!

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Lutris, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Sorry the lateness, the start of this game was three in the morning for me, so I just woke up now and read through the thread.

As to the Lord Commander vote, there are still six people or so who have not posted, and I would like to hear from them first before nominating someone.

2. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Coming in late to the thread, and I admit I haven't read through it all, and I'll do that between my first two morning classes tomorrow, but since I was directly asked a question...

By "How sure," I presume you mean "how many people he has checked?" or maybe you means something different. Well, that's what I'll base my answer on at least.:confused:

Anyway, considering there are only two roles(unless I miscounted) that give a false-innocent check, I think that the Maester should follow the standard of 'if he has survived at least three-to-four nights, he should reveal his results'.

...hopefully he has received at least one guilty check by that point. The statistical likelihood of him surviving each consecutive night keeps dropping, and there is also a decent chance that whoever happens to be the Maester will have given some clues to his identity due to his perhaps more intentioned defenses or insinuations against others. Clues which could also be picked up by the scum faction, and lead towards the lessened likelihood of his continued survival.

That said, if he has managed to get lucky and find two or even three scum in a row, then he should almost definitely reveal early, due to the same reasons as above.

Anyway, that's about it for my answer, Lungs. I'll re-read the thread later between classes, as I said.

3. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I chose Ves because I think we don't have any real tells on who would be a great choice. Vesvius is usually a decent player, and I wanted to make sure we have some variety in people to choose from

I did it in red/all caps, because I was under the impression that was the correct format.

I won't be on for 12-15 hours so I wanted to get someone nominated before I went so that when I come back the game will be moving along well.

4. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

The 1st Lord Commander Election

NOMINATIONS:
    Vesvius (2): Kensington, Gambit
    Moridin (1): Eternity Lost
    Lungs (1): Sacrifice

ELECTORAL CANDIDATES:
    n/A

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  5. Sacrifice

Sacrifice Guest

After careful consideration...

Lord Commander Nomination: Lungs

mainly because I think he is playing serious now, and that's when he doesn't seem like scum.

6. Gila

Gila Second Year DLP Supporter

I was considering nominating jwlk, because I think he might be more obvious as scum than some others. How do people feel about him? I just feel like I'm getting a slightly weird vibe from his posts, might be that he actually reminds me of what I saw in WH:E. I guess it's the general tone of his posts, which seems kinda light. Anyway it's making me a little wary about him, but might be nothing.

7. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

Morning, sorry I haven't posted yet, was sleeping when this started.

Unfortunately, as Lungs has in his list, I am a newb and can't meta as much as everyone else, but Lungs seems to be likely town to me, just from these posts, but I can't compare to how he acts in other games.

I like the conversation that's going, and if anyone wants to direct any questions to us newbs please feel free. :) I guess though we are focusing on nominating the Lord Commander who is clearly going to an experienced player so we will get to that later.

I'm also going to wait until the last of us have posted before I nominate, or if there are still non posters by the time I am back at a computer I will nominate then.

In the game I played with Sesc, when he was pro town he was really stepping up to take a leadership role and working really hard to root out the scum. Not sure his play style though as scum, but I just wanted to point out other suggestions so we don't just get hung up on a few people when considering nominations, I don't want us to be accidentally debating between which of the scums to nominate before we are even at the voting stage.

8. Gila

Actually, on second thought after taking another look at Awesomefia, where jwlk was town, he might just be one of those players who has a higher chance of looking scum / being lynched even when he is not and as such I don't think I want to nominate there.

Sesc has posted just once to say he is here. He should post more so we can see if he might be a good nomination. But I've got a good general feeling of him based on what I've read as well (presuming he is town).

9. Snowflake

Snowflake Guest

Wow, already four pages! I'm just going to wait for more people to post before putting in my Lord Commander vote.

10. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Alright, I'm awake. Just warning you all, I just got up so I'm still a bit groggy.

My thought on Ser Piggy: I honestly beleive he's better holding off until midgame. Not just for being a backup scout, but because he's an important role, one of the only ones who can beat the Walker. By not killing early, he gets more time to study and figure out who's the walker without the scum being sure he's alive. Also, by not killing early, he'll let the numbers drop and have a better chance of killing scum when he finally does go a stabbing.

Lungs: I think I'd be a decent lord commander. The immunity is always a nice shield to hold. And knowing the results of the ranger check could only help. But that brings up a good question. Question just for lungs: Would you share the results of the ranger check or keep them secret and why?

11. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I don't see a reason not to share the results of a ranger check. The ranger check is about giving Town the most information possible in the least amount of time. It's the ONLY check that reveals guilt in terms of the White Walker, so... if there's guilty figure, we need to hammer him or her really quickly.

And if he/she doesn't die, there's going to be Valyrian steel stuck up their butt.

12. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Okay, I'm here at last after sleep and work. So far my scum reads are limited to Gila. There's just something about the way she posts that makes me think she's picking her words carefully. So no vote for her.

Lungs is looking like town to me, so far, but he is a good player and is decent at hiding scumminess early on in the game, except when Jon's playing apparently. :p

Vesvius is looking somewhat neutral at this point. He's put some decent answers up that don't make him seem too scummy, but again, there's just something off about his posts to me.

I'm not going to vote yet, however, since there's time for other candidates to be nominated and I'm not entirely certain I want to vote for Lungs at the moment.

As for which roles would benefit from the Lord Commander role, I'd say an info-role getting it would be best, though probably not the Maester since we don't want him being targeted straight off the bat. Maybe a middling info-role like the Thief, or a role like the Angry Knight/Innocent would be a better choice.

I suggest the info-role because it would allow the Lord Commander to check based on extra information. I suggest Angry Knight/Innocent because the Lord Commander will die at some point, and making that painful for the scum would be a good thing.

13. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Not just you D8

The reason is that for some reason, I never am scum. I'm not sure when the odds of me keeping getting Town roles pass improbable and approach ridiculous, but there you are. And eh, that's nice of you to say, considering I spectacularly disregarded you until it was obvious :facepalm

So yeah, I guess, everyone can always expect me to invest the time my role needs, but it needs to be said that my role-reading ability is not on Irene-levels. Then again, I've yet to see that anyone's is ;)

Off to catch the train home, folks. I'll be studying Lutris' OP: I printed it out. Highly recommended.

14. Gila

I just have to say I find this pretty hilarious considering I am usually always picking my words carefully no matter my alignment, but in this game I have just been posting stuff without too much thought so far, which is somewhat unusual for me. :awesome

15. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Eh, I can sort of understand why people are suggesting Ser Piggy hold off, but I'm just not seeing how that is a good idea. The whole premise for his getting a kill is that there have been two consecutive mislynches. I think that at that point, town could use the help. Of course, regardless of the number of people living Ser Piggy should be discerning in his choice of targets, so if we assume an incompetent or newbie Ser Piggy then discussion is moot. But seeing as the kill option expires after the night it presents itself, I think it's an important tool to be utilised.

16. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Okay, checking in.

My first inclination is to distrust Lungs, as I generally distrust any player who appears to be trying too hard XD However, I shall attempt to resist this temptation.

The opposite is true of Sesc. Perhaps due to past games, I find myself trusting him, even if he does think that being in a different timezone changes the days of the week. I shall attempt to resist this read of Sesc too.

As I feel unsure about the both of them, I will vote against them as LC. Vesvius seems like a decent choice, and I have no real basis for suggesting anyone else. So for the time being, consider Vesvius to have my support.

17. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Vigilante kills should always be used if available, because it is the only way to communicate to everybody that no scum were lynched in the previous two lynches (since there is no flip on death).

18. Lungs

High Score:
    LORD COMMANDER NOMINATION: Moridin

Ash makes me fucking nervous when she lurks.

I've already explained why I disliked my other choices, and Vesvius seems SO off to me :\

19. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

Good morning.

Lungs, I'm not lurking, I just woke up, lol. And you know I'm rather distracted.

Anyway, I honestly don't like any of the candidates at the moment, but then, I never trust anyone besides myself. I would just hate it if I voted for someone who was scum, so, I typically just vote for myself. I can't do that in this game.

So, yeah, up for the day, but I still don't know who I'd most like to be Lord Commander. I'll try to decide on someone by this evening.....

20. Lungs

High Score:
    Kinsfire's penis is too much to handle, Ash? D8

Yeah, some people still haven't posted yet. /angryface.