1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

A Hunt of Thrones

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Lutris, Oct 24, 2011.

1. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Waiting for someone to claim priest (or similar) is impractical at best and a waste at worst.

Just have to evaluate the people dying each night and decide to save someone who seems very pro-town, as getting nk'd doesn't automatically mean someone is not scum.

2. Fiat

Fiat The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Well, Morning/Night, everyone.

Just got back from Wonderland, so I'm sorry I haven't got to do my GRATUITOUS AMOUNT OF POSTING thing yet. Regardless: Am I the only one who sees Lungs' question-asking as scummy? I mean, it's seems scummy enough from Zeit when you know he's just doing it because he's Zeit. Out of someone else though? Best example that springs to mind is Kai in LessTiny. This is a game where, if a guy guesses your role correctly, you can fucking die. Does no one remember Warlock Hunt?

3. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Pie is delicious.

I second Kai's statement. Right now I'm at a bit of loss on who to suspect due to the very nature of the game. With so many roles filled by non-King's Landing roles, it's going to be a bitch ferreting out the truth.

4. KaiDASH

Asking questions isn't inherently scummy, just some questions can be.

In that case, just decline to answer those questions.

Now for a fun one!

In any mafia game run on this forum, what is a crazy gambit that you have thought of? (Can be any role, scum or town, even if you didn't actually play that role).

5. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

Is this an accustation that is Kai switching up tactics to hide his scum role or are you just putting across a "valid point"?

6. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Actually I have to agree with Fiat, maybe Lungs simply doesn't realize how it comes across but it simply seems to me to be an awfully convenient way to set someone up when needed.

7. Fiat

Putting it out there as an example. Not accusing Kai of being scum - he hasn't said enough for me to make that type of judgment. For all I know, he's the priest-equivalent.

8. Kang

Kang Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Im really happy with the 2 posts daily rule but it bears a rather large flaw later on in the game.

People can post crap for 2 posts and thats that. So, im calling it now, anyone who posts ambiguosly is fair game.

OH. Anti town have 10 votes though that is in 4-4-2 blocks. So we gotta look for people voting in small blocks.

BUT WAIT. We should also be leery of people instigating bandwagons. It is a proven way of getting someone lynched and any lynch must be in King's Landing favour.

9. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I don't know, guys. I'm just going off of somewhat professional Mafia games. http://forums.sirlin.net/showthread.php?t=5803&page=1

Kai's actually part of this one!

I don't think that my question asking has been scummy - helping everyone get good reads is +EV for Town. That way, the Hand and the Little Lord of the Finger can pick up legit info quickly.

10. Fiat

Helping everyone get good reads also helps the scum and warlock-equivalent get good reads, which is -EV.

11. KaiDASH

Faction read != roleread.

12. Lungs

High Score:
    I don't know, Fiat. I think that people will probably default to caution. Playing town is all about looking through posts for slipups and all. As long as we're not idiots, we have a decent chance of winning. I suppose this is a pretty originary mafia debate - is it better for everyone to have information, or is it better for people to build reads on their own?

Our previous games seem to have taught us that when no one posts, or posts spammishly, making decisions based on "this person feels guilty" without any sort of analysis (DE1 and SW1), town gets rolled. Games with long tl;drs (TinyHunt, Lesstiny) from crazy people seem to be rather successful. I'm just going by what seems to work for us.

It's always in the interest of scum for the town to know less. It might be a mixed blessing for everyone to know more, but I'd take that over blind bandwagons.

13. Fiat

Not necessarily, but the former greatly assists with the latter.

14. Lungs

High Score:
    That's bad logic. There's a bunch more town than there are scum. Meanwhile, if someone pings the scumdar, they can be from any faction of scum, and, being town, we have better lynching.

In this game, it's hard for the scum too - they're not sure at all who the other scum are, and they'll probably end up lynching other scum. +EV for town, Fiat.

15. KaiDASH

Yes. You can get a faction read (typically town/not town) on someone without them dropping role hints of any kind. And regardless, a town read is basically 'i think billy is more likely to be town than a randomly selected person' so it isn't the be-all end-all, nor is it something that you can't re-evaluate later when new things come to light.

16. Fiat

It's always in the interest of certain scum for the town to know less. We have a semi-omnipotent third party running around.

I don't know, maybe I'm just paranoid after seeing what's going on in Warlock Hunt. I've done the questions thing too - at the beginning of Warlock; it helped in no way, was widely ignored, likely contributed to my eventual death and - as far as I remember - the only guy to answer has been outed as scum - and as such was probably using his answers to manipulate town.

17. KaiDASH

Well, getting people to realize that questions != bad is going to be slow and gradual.

18. Fiat

Hmm, maybe you're right. They always seemed like someone was trying to steer the direction of the game to me, and my own experience with them wasn't that great. Or even good. Or even not-suicidal.

Maybe my own shitty experience is clouding my judgment, I just dislike them.

19. MattSilver

MattSilver The Traveller

Gonna need more convincing than that. I don't quite see the point of them. They're like filler because we have nothing better to talk about. Hmm... VOTE JON FOR MAYOR.

20. Fiat

This seems legit.

I endorse this product and/or service.