1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

A Hunt of Thrones

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Lutris, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Okay, I have to admit, that was awesome. Well played, sir. :awesome

2. Alindrome

Alindrome A bigger, darker mark DLP Supporter Retired Staff

At this point, I think this thread can pretty much become the new Scum Central.

So your kill tonight can pierce protection, right? Go ahead and tell me who you're going to kill, so that we don't clash.

3. Silens Cursor

Silens Cursor The Silencer DLP Supporter

Well, we must be cautious - because the Children of the Forest read these threads, and they might prove meddlesome.

4. Alindrome

Mm, I suppose it would narrow down who they'd protect for my kill too much. Eugh, let's just hope we don't pick the same person then.

Matt, Aekiel, my dear angels. I hope you beat all of those dead players up for me.

5. Kang

Kang Denarii Host DLP Supporter

This is interesting.

1. Vira
    2. Vesvius
    3. Palindrome
    4. jwlk - Dead
    5. Kang
    6. Aziraphale
    7. Silens

Can we cut a deal Palindrome? Lutris we can draw with one of the scum right?

6. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Well, balls. I think that's game. Probably. Good game to all.

7. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Thats mean^ I was hoping he wasn't that guy :/

---------- Post automerged at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

Also, I don't wanna vote myself :(

8. Alindrome

I'm afraid not.

Interestingly enough, when my Hand candidate proved wrong and jwlk role-revealed I had pretty much given up, and I was considering suggesting a deal with the town then, and helping you guys get rid of Dragonstone.

But I didn't give up in the end. And now? Victory is practically assured.

Hehehehehe.

9. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Only one of you can win^ Silens could still attack you, and it would succeed. Besides, he can convert people, he will definitely win if you don't attack him.

---------- Post automerged at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

Well, what i mean to say is, whoever attacks first will win the whole game. And I don't think there is a draw :p

10. Alindrome

I'm the Lady of Winterfell. He can't night kill me.

11. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Is this not the case?

12. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

[​IMG]

-------------------------------------

Night 7

Word has reached even the frozen lands of the North thatKing Silens Baratheon, the Lord of Dragonstone and King in the Narrow Sea, has ridden uncontested into King's Landing at the head of a massive army.

The townsfolk did not reject him. Indeed, they greeted with open arms and joyous tears on their faces, overflowing with bliss at the sight of a deity in human form. Despite the septons' efforts, they have been twisted away from the Faith of the Seven and towards the faith of the Red God, R'hllor.

They think him Azor Ahai of ancient lore given human flesh once more, the wielder of the flame sword Lighbringer that once beat back the dark tide of The Others and the Always Winter.

The forces of Dragonstone and Winterfell may be close to truce as well- though the true victor of this war is yet to be decided.

Winter has come for King's Landing, but the everburning flames of R'hllor may yet prove to hold back even the coldness of the frigid North. If nothing else, an old man atop the Wall requires a large fire to keep himself warm, and I am no exception. Lord Silens would certainly provide that.

----------------------------------------

Silens
    , the King in the Narrow Sea, has used Azor Ahai Reborn!

jwlk has been Lynched!

jwlk and Kang are no longer Converts!

--------------------------------------

Vote Tally:

jwlk: 4 (4+0) | Silens, jwlk (Convert), Kang (Convert), Palindrome
    Silens: 2 (2+0) | Vesvius, Vira

6 Players have cast their votes. 6 Players have attempted to vote. 4 Votes are required for a majority.

---------------------------------------

Active Player List:

1. Vira [R]
    2. Vesvius [R]
    3. Palindrome [R]
    4. Kang (2)
    5. Aziraphale (2)
    6. Silens (2)

Children of the Forest (graveyard):

1. Sesc
    2. Krogan
    3. Taure
    4. Ashaya
    5. Fiat
    6. Necrule
    7. Zeitgeist
    8. Klackerz
    9. Aekiel
    10. KaiDASH
    11. MattSilver
    12. Kensington
    13. Nemrut
    14. Dhulli
    15. Lungs
    16. Moridin
    17. Riley
    18. Custer
    19. jwlk

Reserve Player List:

1. Jeram
    2. CrackedMind
    3. Yeagen

It is now Night for the next 24 hours or until all Night Actions are in.

jwlk - If she is indeed the Lady of Winterfell, and on top of this, the Children decide to protect her, she will not die (two layers of Protection). If she is not the Lady however, she will die regardless of whether the Children protect her.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
  13. Alindrome

Well, shit. Were you planning this, Silens? Auuugh, should have known co-operating with anyone from Kai's team was trouble.

I'm going to have to think about this more.

Actually. You know what? Fuck it. If I strike a deal with the town, I lose. They'd just keep me as their kill-monkey and then they lynch me.

But if I go with Silens... fuck everything. The town would lose. I would lose.

Kai's team would win. But my victory would be narrower, and it'd be less like a straight-up forefeit.

So. I am back to the Rebecca Black Conundrum.

Which faction can I take?

Edit: Pardon, Lutris. I didn't see you post before I did.

14. Lutris

@Drome

No problemo Dromeo.

15. Alindrome

>stays up until four AM deciding kill target
    >game doesn't start until 12AM

Oho, Lutris! Why must you be so cruel?

/Fillerpost

16. Lutris

Day 7

[​IMG]

Kang has died during the Night!
    Aziraphale has died during the Night!

---------------------------------------

Active Player List:

1. Vira [R]
    2. Vesvius [R]
    3. Palindrome [R]
    4. Silens (2)

Children of the Forest (graveyard):

1. Sesc
    2. Krogan
    3. Taure
    4. Ashaya
    5. Fiat
    6. Necrule
    7. Zeitgeist
    8. Klackerz
    9. Aekiel
    10. KaiDASH
    11. MattSilver
    12. Kensington
    13. Nemrut
    14. Dhulli
    15. Lungs
    16. Moridin
    17. Riley
    18. Custer
    19. jwlk
    20. Kang
    21. Aziraphale

Reserve Player List:

1. Jeram
    2. CrackedMind
    3. Yeagen

Day for 48 hours or until a Lynch is decided.

--------------------------------------​

17. Alindrome

I'd like to clear up that I thought jwlk was insinuating that Silens could continue to use conversion and use his ability. In which case, I would have lost. Lutris cleared that up for me. The situation you were referring to, jwlk? Silens would have lost if he killed me last night. So I was pretty confident he wouldn't do so.

So, Silens. This is our most important day. We both hold the power to kill the other; but I propose that we don't.

The why is simple; if one of us is lynched today then the children have a 50% chance of protecting the person we target. That means a 50% chance of going into the next day with one scum and two town. Whoever gets the other killed off is taking a huge, unnecessary gamble.

However, if we work together and come to a tie then we are guaranteed to be able to kill off at least one town, ensuring a scum win. If you kill me in the night, or I kill you in the night, we're back to the 50% loss scenario. Either one of us gets the right townie and the other kills of the one who killed town and they win, the person trying to kill town fails and then gets killed off during the day, or we both betray each other and we both lose.

This is like the story of the prisoners who could snitch on each other to get a reduced jail sentence - if neither snitched, they have a regular sentence. If one snitched but not the other the snitcher gets a reduced sentence and the other gets a longer. But naturally, they both snitch, and they both are worse off. Let's not be those guys.

18. Silens Cursor

So, here's the funny thing. There's only four people left, and Palindrome now is faced with the Prisoner's dilemma (sorry, Vira and Vesvius, it's really not going to matter all that much what you plan to do).

For me, there's no dilemma. Never was one.

See, by most conventional definitions of the word, I can be neatly categorized as 'evil' to some definitions of the word. It's an easy definition to fit into, particularly when you're an arrogant, spiteful misanthropic douche like me, and while I may hold empathy for some, most of humanity can just go elsewhere and not waste my time. Sturgeon's Law, if you will, applied to mankind.

But here's the funny thing: despite the fact that under some conventional definitions, I could be considered a poor specimen, I do have one thing standing for me, and that's a vague sense of chivalry. Not sure exactly how I can reconcile it with me occasionally being a womanizing jackass, but the point stands that as much the Lady of Winterfell here might slip a knife into my ribs, I'm not going to back down from that vague sense that I might have a principle somewhere.

Or it's because, you know, you're the Lady of Winterfell, and I can't kill you. And let's face it, you're far more likeable than me anyways, so if I tried to backstab you, the Children would probably protect you. They're douches like that. ;)

But that's the fun thing. I'd much prefer you win, Palindrome, over the rest of the town. A game well played, a tip of my bourbon glass, and a realization that we should vote and lynch Vira for being lazy in this game and messing up my calculations.

Drink to Winter, bitches, the game ends here.

Standard Vote: Vira

19. Alindrome

True, I may be faced with the Prisoner's Dilemma, Silens, but I don't like taking risks much at all. I'm not about to get you lynched off or kill you in the night if it means the town have a huge chance to win - and you've helped me out so far, even if it was in your best interests.

Give me your word: no backstabbings. And you'll have mine. We'll end the game with a mutual win, even if Winterfell are the victors on paper.

20. Silens Cursor

Done, with the condition that if and when this game becomes one on one, the truce must end.

At this point, it's all up to the Children. Let's see if they decide to meddle, because this could get very interesting.