1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned A matter of force by Carrotglace - PG13

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Gogolu, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Gogolu

Gogolu Third Year

Shit happens.

Review or not. This thread is about it and this story. Comment on it.

This is not on your guys likes and dislikes on personal level.

Plus, you are breaking 5th rule of this forum.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2007
  2. Darius

Darius 13/m/box

The Octagon - Say that to my face and not online m
    Whoo, good thing were stopping the 5th rule of the forum and not actually doing something we shouldn't and breaking it.

I was scared there for a moment.

3. Snarf

Snarf Squanchin' Party Bro! ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    And you are breaking almost every unspoken rule by being such a theatrical faggot. Now, please, STFU because you are starting to piss me off.

Even so, I give you a point for knowing the rules. 1/5

4. Klael

Klael Headmaster DLP Supporter

This carrot guy obviously has quite the following amongst the pleebs. Unfortunately for them, we have higher standards.

1/5. A cesspool of uninspired sludge. A weak pool of characters and unoriginal use of plot cliches. Altogether uninteresting and a waste of time.

And, Gogolu, take some advice. Don't antagonize the higher-ups and veterans of this site. No matter if you're right or wrong, it will sour you to them. They will make your life here unbearable and won't let up until you leave or are driven to say something worthy of banning.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2007
  5. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

No.
    That is not a sentence, it's grammatically incorrect in more than a few ways, and you didn't even spell "breaking" correctly.

That's against the rules, as you know - seeing as you're so keen on reading them.

These threads are for reviews, not for authors to fap off to their fics at every interval or do shitty impersonations of The Twilight Zone.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2007
  6. Teal_Thanatos

Teal_Thanatos First Year

uh, if 'Gogolu' was the author, wouldn't this be down in a different section of the forum?

AFAIK, Carrotglace on Anifics hasn't mentioned this forum at all untill we told him about this thread.

7. Gogolu

Gogolu Third Year

Wow.

Thanks for posts, that helped with viewings of the thread a lot.

I was hoping for reviews but oh well. More people will have a chance o read this story thanks to you guys.

As for my rating: 5/5.

Pluses: Good style of writing, interesting plot inventions, long chapters, for so many crossovers all is sticking together nice.

Minuses: Author doesn't know Harry Potter books as good as I would like but he corrects his mistakes if pointed out.

BTW: This is not my story Xiph0. It should be obvious thanks to the first post.

8. PsyckoSama

PsyckoSama Groundskeeper

Carrotglace... that can mean only one thing.

It will be an endless, illogical, overpowered mess of a story that still manages to be amusing enough to keep you reading regardless of your self... somewhat like a train wreck full of clowns.

9. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Then stop raping the authors cock itt.

10. Gogolu

Gogolu Third Year

This story is still here?

I thought that after the week or two it would be moved to other place in library.

Other spectrum of readers hopefully will review and give few stars till that happens..

11. Marie M

Marie M Raptured to Hell

It has 3 stars and it'll end up in trash bin, where it belongs.

12. Klael

Not necessarily. The trash bin is for borderline readable fics--not good enough for the library, but hey, they're not TOTALLY unreadable. This one, though, will simply be deleted--as it should be.

13. Marie M

Marie M Raptured to Hell

Well, I already gave it one star, if 5 more people will give it the same rating that maybe...

14. KenderCleric

KenderCleric Lord of Plot Bunnies

2/5

It's not the worst I've seen, but it's close. Multi-crossovers are just never worth the digital space it takes to post them.

15. Klael

A crossover is a dangerous attempt to make. There's a fine line between plausible combination of universes and chaotic quagmire of rotting sewage. You can't even really toe the line. You have to stay on the good side.

This thing is like a mile and a half deep in the quagmire.

16. Gogolu

Gogolu Third Year

DarkSov: After 3 posts its obvious you don't like it and I'm sure others know it by now.

Of course if you even tried to read it before making opinions you would know that it may contain a lot of crossovers but they are gradually inserted to give reader time to adjust. And this mix is not interfering with storytelling.

Grammatic and style correctness should give it at last 2 stars even if you think that rest is "chaotic quagmire of rotting sewage".

Author has over 10 years of writing experience in making crossovers so "quagmire" it is not.

17. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Like fingers up someones ass? :s

Hahahaha...ahahahahah

Oh wait, you actually mean to imply that fanfiction authors usually improve?

18. Gogolu

Gogolu Third Year

So you are saying that authors on this forum and anywhere else stay on the same level?

That's very high opinion you have of fanfiction and people that make effort to entertain us at cost of their time.

It sounds like you boyfriends are not giving you any? I'm sure it will be better in due time. Maybe you will even discover women in the near future.

19. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Most of the time? Yes.

Fuck them. I rarely ask someone to write, they do it of their own volition. I'm simply here to judge.

Keep trying, Carrotglace.

20. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Lawlz, the 'omfg gets a gurlfriend!!1!1!1' card. Fail.