1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

A Shattered Prophecy by Project Dark Overlord - T

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by MysterioX, May 8, 2006.

1. Project Dark Overlord

Project Dark Overlord First Year

Thanks for the comment about the balls... lol. Brings smile to face. As many of you have guessed Harry will not be going light... I got enraged enough to keep it dark. I'm looking forward to getting Ch21 done... big show down, Dumbledore vs. Harry.

2. Zero

Zero Seventh Year

Glad you finally made it...anyways, hopefully Harry will take both Dumbledore AND Voldemort out, with Harry preferably ruling the Wizarding world afterwards. :wink: This fic needs to go out with a bang.

3. Project Dark Overlord

Can't say much... except that there might be a sequel that takes places roughly five or so years after the events of the final chapter. ;)

4. Lord Apophis

Lord Apophis Professor

Hope the sequal takes place in a world were harry has killed both dumbledore and voldmort and rules the world :)

5. Project Dark Overlord

That is pausible. I know how the sequel is going to start but I have not decided how it is going to end yet. I'm kind of like that I start and let plot take where it does. I will release more possiblities for the sequel once the last chapter is posted.

6. Zero

Zero Seventh Year

Any idea on the next update?

7. Project Dark Overlord

That is tricky... I have almost finished the duel between Dumbledore and Harry, which has taken the most engery because I want it to be perfect. So after that there are only two more portions that will not take long. I might even finish the chapter today. After finishing, I am going to send it to my editor. I am hoping to get it back and post it on Monday, but definately Tuesday or Wendesday at the latest.

8. CGB

CGB Auror

I read the new chapter and I liked it, although I would've liked it better if Harry had killed Dumbledore another way.

9. Lord Apophis

Lord Apophis Professor

YES!! Dumbledore is dead :) I also likes how things come full circle with Harry bringing the child back with him...

10. zblueblur0

zblueblur0 Raptured to Hell

its ok but hes kinda weak in my view you now "I have been caught plz help me get free while i sit here becoming a light wizars then betrying you beacuse im a light wizars at heart" to over done

11. Fuegodefuerza

Fuegodefuerza Minister of Magic

I do hope that you were mocking the story and were spelling badly on purpose, because otherwise...I'm gonna have to take a leaf out of Lord Voldemort's book.

CRUCIO!

12. Lord Apophis

Lord Apophis Professor

I did not like the latest chapter as much as the previous chapters. Not only did Bella die but Voldemort also suddenly decides that it was foolish to be afraid of death and that it did not matter that his last Horcrux was destroyed despite the fact that he had just sent Harry to guard it.

I have a bad feeling that this is going to be a redeemed!Voldy. I remember another story similar to this one, when voldy raised a kidnapped harry and towards the end so did voldy get sent to azkaban instead of being killed and finally did harry break him out and voldy lived in a tower at harrys house after promising to leave his life as a dark lord behind.

I can just hope that this wont end like that...

13. Project Dark Overlord

No, it is definately not going to end like that. Neither ending will end that way. I have tossed around the idea of writing an alternate ending, and finally decided to do it. Either ending should please everyone, methinks... b/c I appreciate you guys. Oh, and no redeemed!Voldemort... he is too firm in his goals to be redeemed. As for death, immorality is over rated. 'No Shame, No Regrets.' :)

14. dark.itachi

dark.itachi First Year

Isn't there another story thats almost exactly like this, like word for word? I remember reading it some time ago but I forgot the name of it.

15. Zero

Zero Seventh Year

Yes. It's called Darkness Within.

16. Project Dark Overlord

I just recieved the most hilarous review to date. This person does not understand the concept of AU. Enjoy!

'Canon Cop here. I am citing you for several violations of Canon:

1. Leaving the Potters alive (hmm... AU)
    2. Voldemort adopting harry as his son, instead of attempting to kill him directly (important to my plot)
    3. Turning Neville into the Boy-who-Lived, and giving him a level of natural confidence he does not otherwise possess (once again... AU)
    4. Turning Harry into someone who does what is easy, instead of what is right. (...)

I am sending you to Headmaster Rowling's office. I assure you that she is already impatiently slapping a heavy leather paddle into her palm while she awaits your arrival. She's VERY disappointed in what you've done with her characters.'
    I framing this one for shits and giggles! :D

17. Lord Apophis

Lord Apophis Professor

That is quite possibly the most amusing review I have ever seen :D

18. Khantael

Khantael First Year

So... basically... to keep completely to canon, you've got to completely plagiarize the books? Nobody told me that!

I do like this story a lot. It's well-written and is on quite a few levels different to stories with the same sort of "Harry raised by Voldemort" thing. -thumbs up-

19. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Wow, this is one hell of a story. I usually stay away from fics where Harry is in any way under Voldemort's authority, but this one was just great.

The whole angsty philosophical overtone of the later chapters elevated this fic several grades above any other story of this genre that I know of.

The only downside is Harry's use of muggle weapons, that are just too superior to magic... eliminating the whole idea behind 'magic'. But other then that, truly a remarkable piece of fiction.
    4.5/5