1. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey DLP authors, there's a bit less than a month left to wow us with your story about Daphne or Azkaban.

The Author applies the words to the paper or it gets the hose. Write or die! The more the merrier.

Click here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice

"A Song of Ice and Fire" stories

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by purple, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Dario

Dario Squib

I second this recommendation. I remember reading it quite a while ago and enjoying it. I’m glad I was able to find it again. A few minor spelling errors, but nothing major jumped out. It’s just long enough for you to connect with and like Elia’s character.

2. Silveron

Silveron Squib

High Score:
    Man, what a shit show of a finale.

The Shadowchaser and Stormborn.

Honestly I'm shit at summaries, below is the authors.

Old powers waken. Shadows stir. An age of wonder and terror will soon be upon us, an age for gods and heroes.

Ned Stark escapes the battle at the Tower of Joy only by Ser Arthur’s mercy and without his nephew, a boy with silver-gold hair that Ser Arthur is determined to restore to the Iron Throne. Lord Stark desperately seeks to balance his obligations to his sister Lyanna, to find and keep her son safe while remaining loyal to his best friend, King Robert Baratheon.

In the east two factions of Targaryens rise. One loyal to Prince Viserys and his sister Princess Daenerys, led by Lord Lucerys Velaryon, former Master of Ships for King Aerys II Targaryen. The other loyal to Prince Aemon, led by Ser Arthur Dayne, the most formidable member of Aerys II's Kingsguard

The story has only just rounded off the childhood of Aemon/Rickard and it hasn't touched upon Daenerys/Viserys/Rhaella (who lives in this one, apparently), but it's hitting interesting concepts. Aemon possibly being a Euron-type figure which is hinted at from dreams/visions and also him giving someone an aneurysm after being contacted by the Three Eyed Raven previously. Ashara 'wed' Brandon in the black cells after he learnt of her pregnancy and raises his son, Rickard, alongside Aemon and making Neds claim as Lord Stark questionable and able to be challenged. Which looks like it's going that way as Ashara is killed during a failed kidnapping by Neds Trusty Northmen, in which Rickard loses an eye and a mother and Aemon learns to lobotomise, setting up a reason. One thing I don't like is how.. illogical the Starks are being with getting him back, feels incompetent especially after Arthur acknowledges how good of a commander Ned is.

3. Blank402

Blank402 Second Year

I was whole, whole I would remain by dwellingondreams

Rhaella thinks perhaps the gods, any gods, have heard her prayers, when Aerys vomits up blood in bed. (Aerys dies before the 'trial' of Rickard and Brandon Stark can commence. In King's Landing, Rhaella at last finds her footing. On Dragonstone, Elia makes her preparations. And in the Tower of Joy, Lyanna comes to a series of cold realizations).

A decent read so far. Well written. Follows the POVs of Rhaella, Elia and Lyanna. It's a slow burn but things are picking up in the most recent chapters so I thought it worth recommending.

4. Saezots

Saezots Seventh Year

High Score:
    I second that recc, dwellingondreams is the perfect fanfic writer in that they have fics that are consistently well-written, have good characterization, godly update pace and always completing their fics. But while most of their fics are decent AU's they never really diverge wildly off-canon and they found their niche I suppose in always having premises like this that are little tweaks instead of epics like dragons of ice and fire or albion's fics.

For this I'd give it a 3/5 because I sort of feel like the characterization is a bit off with Brandon and Rhaegar seeming to always be on the extreme edge of their canon characterization with Brandon being constantly angry and Rhaegar stupid. I would rate it 4/5 depending on how it continues and I hope they're intending this to be a longer fic then their usual.