1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete A Summer of Change by Lorddwar - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by Giovanni, Sep 5, 2005.

1. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Harry isnt really Dark in this story Charlie. Thats something a Dark and Independent!Harry would do. He should give Vernon a nice ass kicking thou but without magic.

2. Old Nuit

Old Nuit High Inquisitor

He should tell the Prophet that he loves Vernon and couldn't fight against Voldemort without his support.

3. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

The castration was just my example. Its one thing to not be dark, its another take shit.

In reality, if Vernon grabs him AND throws him down like he did in that story Harry is a pussy if all he says is "Don't do that again." That's Pussy, NOT independent.

Have him shout, "YOU stupid FAT FUCK." ANd punch Vernon in the face. Vernon can be enraged and only have a bloody lip. It doesn't matter. The point is harry actually DOES something. iN this story he's no longer having DUmbledore tell him what to do, and has replaced the role with TOnks. I mean, the girl tells him NOTHING (just like Dumbledore), decides what he's going to do with his days (JUST LIKE DUMBLEDORE). THe only things she does different is instruct him (but he still takes orders from her, so is he really "Independent") and sexually tease him. Which by the way is bullshit. A girl straddles me and grinds her pelvis into me, I want to get SOMETHING. She can say no, but then I'll always think of her as a tease. I will no longer like her as that's a mean fucking thing to do. Harry though sits there with blue balls and is grateful and thinks its all a big game. And the next morning HE'S WORRIED he might BE AROUSED!!! This is bullshit gentleman crap. Guy who writes this has NO balls, and is trying to justify it through Harry, and making Tonks LOVE that Harry has no balls.

4. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Haha.

Yeah, he should just poke her already.

5. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I dunno about that charlie.. A few days of that before actually bonking the hell out of a girl was enough to give me one of the best fucks of my life... it adds excitement i think, rather than the simple "hey lets fuck" "alright!" thing.. its mean as hell to do it for months and months but a small period of time i could take .... or find an alternative source on the DL..

anticipation is the worlds greatest aphrodisiac, ya know...

6. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

Yeah....I have no patience.

I am tragically the typical male in terms of lusts and desires, YET I harbor the secret fantasy of having kids and falling madly in love with some girl (also very typical)

:sigh: I am just a bundle of contradictions and conflicts.

:wink: :D

7. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

"Anticipation of Reward is accountable for most of the pleasure derived from the purchase of goods."

-Barry Schwartz, The Paradox of Choice, Why More is Less.

Obviously a bit differant... But still.

8. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

it's ok my friend you are not alone 8)

9. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

tx :D

10. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

It's OK fic, though it's not really Independent! Harry, since he's being led around by Tonks and Unspeakables. Harry's still clueless as ever, the only difference being him getting at least SOME action from his master (something Dumbledore couldn't have offered anyway... at least I hope not).

11. Lord Osiris

Lord Osiris Auror

CharlieCharms i liked the point where you mentioned him sitting around being teased like a pathetic little punce, then thinking its the greatest thing since butter! But i gotta say that at least the Author doesn't mention his wanking habbits like in some story's i've seen.

12. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

I liked this story. It was different. Even if he was lead around by Tonks a bit, that's expected, as while the severe attitude change is logical, he needs a little time to get used to being independent, and learning how to do these things on his own. He might have done everything alone in the muggle world, but in the Wizarding World he's been lead around his whole time, thus needs to regain direction.

I also liked the Unspeakable factor. Few fics actually do this, and fewer yet do this well. I enjoyed this a lot...I find it a bit more realistic than learning everything out of books. His training is very detailed...something I like in s story. Overall, a good story, and I can't wait for more.

13. Zevrillion

Zevrillion Founder Retired Staff

Personally I would like Hary to be a little more independent, but I can see your point LR.

I usually don't like Unspeakable!Harry fics but this one is ok. The only thing I have to complain about it is how get nearly all-powerful in like three days. He should train some more before becomes the most powerful unspeakable in history. But overall good.

14. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

15. Antivash

decent but im biased against the author after ruining Harry Potter and The Walkers by making it a H/G ... im a pairing whore tot he highest degree sometimes and i loath H/G even when im not in a Pairing whore mood... dispite being utter crap i liked walkers before that...

16. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

I'm not a big fan of Walkers, but The Innocence Of Guilt is simply brilliant - fun, smart, fast... just, fucking cool. Too bad it's only 2 chaps.

17. Antivash

meh... i dun thnk its all that great even outside of my bias... sure... its a good concept and all .. i just dont like it...outside of our own Raven's fic, im not a fan of Nicolas Flamelfics, especially where he just appears in for no reason outside of lazy fucking authors too stupid to create a new character for the job or do a bit of research

i can excuse Raven because i LIKE his story, but if the bastard writing this tripe did any research, JKR has confirmed the fart as dead as a doorknob

the story IS good, despitre my opinion of it though, that i dont deny.. i simply dont like it in or out of my bias

18. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

19. Lord Osiris

Lord Osiris Auror

The best intoro i've seen for Nicolas Flamel into a story would have to be from Fayr Warning Reign of Power. But otherwise i gotta agree that he doesn't really fit well into a story! specially when he pop's up as potions professor *cringes*. Whats this about a new story Midknight? whats gonna become of your other master piece?

20. ShadowedDarkness

ShadowedDarkness Second Year

This has been updated a bit, personally I enjoy it, this shows a natural progression for harry, as time goes on he is growing more and more independent, and more importantly is able to think better for himself.

The progession makes sense and the power level doesn't seem to be unreasonable, we all know what an angry harry can do, now you have a guy who isn't afraid to use any means neccessary to teach him how to use it.

As for the whole Dursley's that may have had more to do with not giving people a chance to claim he's gone dark... or that they simply weren't worth the effort.