1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete A Summer of Change by Lorddwar - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by Giovanni, Sep 5, 2005.

1. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

I don't like this story, but I've already stated my reasons earlier. Maybe I'll give it another shot.

2. jbern

jbern Alba Mater

I have liked this story. The only thing that continues to irk me about it is how Tonks could have been working as an Auror, Unspeakable and OOTP "Harry Babysitter" at the onset of the story and if she was that good and able to stand up against Horace how on earth did Bella knock her out of the fight so easily at the DoM right before she killed Sirius? Wouldn't both her paying jobs be on high alert now that the Dark Lord has returned? I wouldn't mind having two jobs that paid me and I only had to show up occasionally!

The other thing that hasn't been explained to my satisfaction is what happened to Tonks's previous team leader? She's been with them for awhile now and it seems like her and the other member have already worked together before.

But suspending a little disbelief and accepting the effort for what it is the author has done a credible job bringing Harry and Tonks together.

3. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I did like it before but now I just cant read it... I dunno whats wrong with me.

4. harryboy111

harryboy111 Guest

well as of today this story is completed. i can't say that i like how it ended but it was a good story all the way through in my opinion. lorddwar hasn't said if he is going to do a sequel but he assure his readers that if he isn't that there will at least be a pretty long epilogue.

5. BlueMagikMarker

BlueMagikMarker Pirate King Yarrgh's First Mate

I've been following this one since... I don't know, the third chapter or so. It was great for a while but then started to get repetitive and overly fluffy. One thing that bothered me is the way the characters talk... and how Harry went through his enlightenment but that was fairly minor in the whole scheme of things. The ending was a bit... well pretty disappointing. There was no closure, so the story is unresolved unless he writes a sequel.

As of completing it, my opinion hasn't really changed. It's a bit too fluffy and repetitive, but overall its worth the read if you're into Harry/Tonks and powerful/unspeakable Harry.

6. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

This story turned out fine in the end, but I don't think I'd be very interested in reading the sequel. The only reason TSOC was even remotely bareable was because there weren't that many scenes featuring the Weasleys and Hermione - so all the disgusting fluff and mush were between Harry and Tonks alone.

If plot were to move to Hogwarts... meh, I don't think I'd be able to force myself through through another chapter like the last one (everybody is admiring how strong, yet emotional young man Harry is etc etc... yuck).

7. CGB

CGB Auror

The end isn't as good as the beginning was. Definitely too much fluff. But overall it's a fairly good story. Harry isn't too powerful and he gets his power at a reasonable rate. Harry/Tonks and Harry the unspeakable isn't bad either.

8. huntedorange

huntedorange Seventh Year

I liked this story overall really, it went a bit crappy towards the end i thought but one of the better ones of the harry becomes unspeakable storys out there worth a read, esp now it is actually finished.

9. Swimdraconian

Swimdraconian Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I've followed the story from beginning to end and I must say that towards the end, it started to sound like the author was getting tired of writting it. But what irritated me the most is that everything fit together all nice and neatly without any sort of major conflict. If the author had replaced a good amount of the rather fanciful fluff with some good old fashioned plot, then maybe I might be more interested. As it is, I'll give it two and half stars out of five for a nice effort. 'Cause hey, you gotta start somewhere.

10. cu_cullen9

cu_cullen9 Second Year

If this was the final chapter it feels more like a half finished work then anything else. everything feels like its just waiting to be resolved.

11. ThunderGod

ThunderGod First Year

finished?

finished?..er..what..I've read and gave been waiting for the next part..um..somehow I didn't notice it was finished..I may have to reread it to see...

ThunderGod
    :banana: :whipped:

12. cu_cullen9

cu_cullen9 Second Year

That was my point, if i didn't know it was finished I would havewaited for the next chapter, or a sequel. But it was just supposed to be a summer before 6th year fic.

13. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

Hopefully he does a sequel, and to be honest it wasn't that bad of a story. Not at all, especially compared to the tripe a lot of "authors" put out today.

14. Swimdraconian

Swimdraconian Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Have to agree with you on that; there is alot worse out there that claims to be readable.

15. Rain

Rain Pirate Navigator of the 7 Seas

Irritating in parts because of the lack of real conflict and fluff, but fun to read. It's nice to find a story that doesn't have Harry swimming in problems.

I wasn't aware it was finished either. Hopefully there will be a sequel because this sat at the top of my "Frequently updated good story" list for a long while. It'd be a shame to have to drop my standards further, as this was one of the few well written, fast updating stories I've come across lately.

16. cu_cullen9

cu_cullen9 Second Year

according to the author no sequel or even a epilogue planned or even to be thought about.

17. glaina

glaina Guest

Overall, I thought the story was pretty good, if a little boring at some times. The fluff got to me. Way too much of it. I agree with everybody that it didn’t seem to be finished at all. The only aspect that indicated an end was everybody praising Harry in the last chapter.

I don’t really think the overly-powerful unspeakable thing was very believable. I understand how powerful he gets when angry, but he takes down a much more experienced fighter with no training.

I also was agitated on the diction of the characters. People in the story rarely used conjunctions. It was always “I am” whatever or “I have not” whatever, instead of I’m or haven’t. It just bugged me.

Overall though, I still thought it was an interesting story.

18. ThunderGod

ThunderGod First Year

yeah.it was good, interspaced with fluff that well I got to skim past after the first few, they didn't fit somehow....but when it ended..well it didn't seem to end...oh well

ThunderGod

19. Duke of Rothwood

Duke of Rothwood Professor

Well I am surprised that it is done, has a half-finished feel to me.
    But I hope he does a sequel, I enjoyed this story and it would be good to have it continued. The Unspeakable!Harry is quite rare and as such, I like it

As a side note, other than Enigma at Work, are there any UnspeakableHarry stories

20. ThunderGod

ThunderGod First Year

I have read a few but none stands out as much..sorry for no links:{

ThunderGod