1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete A Summer of Change by Lorddwar - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by Giovanni, Sep 5, 2005.

1. Duke of Rothwood

Duke of Rothwood Professor

Alright thanks anyway, if you think of any, please PM me

2. ThunderGod

ThunderGod First Year

will do mate..

ThunderGod
    :banana: :whipped:

3. mfoolen

mfoolen Squib

When comes the sequel? The story after this story?

4. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

a) yes, we know what "sequel" means :)
    b) probably never

5. Element

Element Seventh Year

Authors profile: I will be editing SoC in the coming months, adding some stuff, and getting it beta'ed and Brit-picked. It will be a while though.

Don't know why he's getting that done, the fic seemed perfectly fine when I read through it. Oh well. One would presume, noticing that there is a Summer of Change, that there must be an Autumn of Change? :p Or a Year of Change. The sequel will come sooner or later, I daresay.

6. NotreDameGeo

NotreDameGeo Squib

I messaged the author on fanfiction.net and he said, as of now, there were no plans for a sequel, just the editing that he is doing, which is disappointing as I was hoping for some type of resolution as it seemed that the last chapter just ended. I didn't realize the story was over until I saw 'COMPLETED' in the story summary.

7. Darke Gray

Darke Gray Guest

This was one of the my favorite stories, really made me like the whole Harry/Tonks pairing. Too bad there isn't going to be a sequel, I would of liked to see how Harry got the portkey off of Dumbles and everything, oh well...

8. ButtLift

ButtLift Guest

The story is very good imo. I really love HONKS.

The thing is... I'm reading it on FF and it stops at chapter 19. Could any of you provide me with the rest of the chapters?

9. Element

Element Seventh Year

I don't mean to be rude, but are you fucking retarded?

Was it that hard to read the actual thread, or even this page, before posting? If you had done so, you'd have realized that the story ended at Chapter Nineteen, and there are no plans for a sequel.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2006
  10. Richard

Richard Supreme Mugwump

Another completed excellent story here. I've read it at least twice. Potter goes to Unspeakable training, gets some backbone, etc etc. Good story with tones of good description in the action scenes.

11. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

Eh. I couldn't get past the first 5 or so chapters.

The whole thing with Tonks being a cock-tease and Harry being so grateful felt VERY stupid to me. JUST FUCK HER OR NOT! Quit the schoolyard games.

12. Mage

Mage Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I can understand how you wouldnt like it but remember, harry is a schoolkid. Personally i loved this story though i did read it about 2 months ago and my tastes may have changed since then, but still highly recomended.

13. wolf550e

wolf550e High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

great story! some proofing is needed (but the author is working on it) and it feels like harry's progress it training was too far too fast, but it is ok.

14. Darius

Darius 13/m/box

The Octagon - Say that to my face and not online m
    Fuck, why does everyone love this story too much, the Harry Tonks interaction was total bullshit. I really enjoyed the unspeakable part it just went too far.

3/5

15. Burn

Burn Second Year

This is a classic

This is one of my most favorite stories of all time. Out of all the possible pairings, i mind HP/NT the least. This is not to say I like it, more that it doesn't bother me when written like this. The relationship doesn't move too fast, it acutally seems plausible, and there is a unique spin to magic. I say a spin because there is not a quasi-new system, like in "Wit of the Raven", but instead excellent explanations for things.
    I try to reread ( is it reread or re-read?) this story every two months or so. It is so much easier to read this that "Mastermind Hunting", so I usually elect to read this.
    Dumbledore is perfect in this fic: manipulative enough that I can still manage to dislike him, but not evil. I have read no Evil Dumbledore stories that actually work. Well, I take that back, "Flame(s) of Betrayal" has a perfect Evil Dumbledore.
    This is a good story, and I am saddened that there will be no sequel, but oh well, i'm sure my mind can make its own.

16. Darius

Darius 13/m/box

Reasonable pace, their talking about lurving each otha 4 eva and eva after like 2 weeks.

17. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

I liked it when I first read it but now its just too mushy. The training isnt reasonable because Harry is goes from just wel above average in power to unstoppable in a single summer. Neither Tom or Dumbles could manage that. It took them decades and decades to get as far as they did.

18. Burn

Burn Second Year

Reasonable

In the fanfic world, it is more reasonable than almost all fics I have read that have a pairing. In most of those, the relationship goes from acquaintance to life partner in one paragraph. So yes, the relationship does move at a reasonable pace. It is also well-justified (nothing like the Harry/Draco fiction I have read), meaning that while I do not favor the pairing, it doesn't harm the fic.

Besides, at least this fic doesn't start off with both having some sort of burning internal desire for the other that just strikes off when they touch hands. The relationship just kind of forms here.

P.S. -Is this double posting? I always thought double posting was where I would post a reply immediately after another post I have done.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2006
  19. Darius

Darius 13/m/box

No this is not double posting, double posting is 2 posts by the same person 1 after the other.

20. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

I didnt say a thing about the relationship being unreasonable. The way Harry becomes more or less unstoppable did. The only Post-OotP canon fics that can have Harry become that good that quick are the ones are where it doesnt show 6th year and starts in 7th year where he acutally applies himself.