1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

A Super Highschool Level Mafia ~Mafia Win~

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Lexicat, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Alright, let's do this.

@fontisian and Caesar

The things that feel off about blab:

- His third post, where he says "It certainly wasn't Leon Kuwata who stabbed her." Scum are more likely to joke about these type of things than town.

- I don't really like his RQS post. Lexicat already smashed blab last game for it as being suspicious, and I'd think he's learn his lesson from last game.

It's not all that much but I'd figure it would be good for Day 1 pressure (would help if he actually responded to my vote, but whatever)

--

I also think Kalas is scummy for voting "Everyone" in RVS.

---------- Post automerged at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

ProphVoteCount

blab (2) - Fontisian, Prophylaxis
    Rents (2) - Aekiel, Kalas
    Luckylee (1) - Caesar
    Kalas (1) - Rents
    Sesc (1) - Fishy Justice

Not Voting: LochNess, Sesc, Bill Door, Wetnurse, Luckylee, blab

(Don't mind me, host; I'm changing up formatting slightly if/when I want to do VCA)

---------- Post automerged at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

Why capitalized "Mafia" instead of simply saying "You're scum"?

2. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Hey Proph, what was the inside joke with Fonts about earlier?

3. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Proph: The same things I picked up on, then. I'm a bit more interested in why Sesc came to blab's defense right now.

I was imitating a mutual acquaintance. Let's leave it at that.

4. Caesar

Caesar First Year

Hmm. I'll admit that I'd skipped over post #3. I'd been more concerned about the questions and the little interplay with Aek in post #16. It is thin, but you're right that it's a decent route to pursue for Day 1.

5. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

You think it's a "decent route to pursue for Day 1".

Then why don't you have your vote on blab?

6. blab

blab Second Year

If you want me to respond, ask me a question or something. All I say about vote like that is ask "How do I feel off?/elaborate" and fontisian beat me to it and then you promised to do that (and then I logged off).

That said, now:

-I thought the situation here and in "canon" were ironically similar enough to warrant a joke.
    -Which is why I changed the question. Still think I get more out of questions and the discussion about them then random votes.

Also:
    When you post vote-counts in the thread, could you please make sure they are actualized?

The whole quote:
    My point was that if you(=Aekiel) actually thought about what was different about this setup from the last one (from a closed setup with fakeclaims provided) you would have noticed that it is not much. Then why ask these question (especially about mass-claiming)? I mean, no shit, everyone could be mafia.

The bolded part:
    I honestly don't know how to use that to our advantage. Please teach me.

Bit early, but I don't like your posts. By which I mean: You.

How nice of you. Do you want me to explain how I am looking for scum, too? By which I mean: Why are you telling us this?

Yeah, let's blow this house away.

@Ceasar
    You have posted fluff, a question that was already asked and basically regurgitated Proph's post. Do something original.

7. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I was getting some discussion going and mechanics questions are useful early on because there's nothing else to talk about. It worked.

It means we have people locked into role names already. For those who know the fluff it could serve as a secondary method of verifying roleclaims, though I'm iffy about that given how experienced Lexicat is. It's all about giving us more information to work with, since town are the uninformed majority.

Some elaboration would be nice as well.

Because I want to move away from meta-based gaming. We all saw how badly that went with Lexicat last game, so I figured I'd put it out there and maybe see if some other people would decide to go along with it as well.

8. Caesar

Caesar First Year

There are already three votes on blab. That seems (to me, at least) enough for pressure this early in the day.

@blab: What, specifically, do you not like about Aek's posts?

9. blab

blab Second Year

Fair enough

Your use of "uniformed minority" almost made me think you had a point, but then I noticed you don't. By which I mean: "fluff could serve as a secondary method of verifying roleclaims" is a not a good idea.

No, I don't see that. I can't see where town's meta-based gaming went wrong in that situation. I mean maybe scum's did, but then why are trying to improve upon your scum-game?
    Please explain to me what about that situation (I am assuming you mean the mass-claim-situation, btw) was meta-gaming and how it went wrong.

@Ceasar: Why are you doing this again?
    @both:
    I thought I already made myself clear, but whatever:
    I don't like his first post, because a) his questions seem fake b) his comment about day-1 lynching, too. (reminder: we were deciding between two scums at the end of day 1)
    2nd post whatever.
    3rd post I just answered that post.
    4th post: Fine. (Would have been nice if mister getting-discussion-going would have tried, you know, to get discussion going)

10. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Did you miss the part where a third party player managed to convince everyone to roleclaim so that she could win the game? And do it while being most peoples' strongest town read.

---------- Post automerged at 04:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 AM ----------

Metagaming works for a closed community, but it also means we suck hardcore at reading new players. I want to move away from that, to improve as a player, so no metagaming for me.

11. blab

blab Second Year

No, I didn't miss that. I missed how that happened because of metagaming.
    I thought she could do that because she did towny things in that game and advocated a mass role claim in a situation where it actually arguably favored town.

Great for you. And I still don't like that you announced how you are going to game out loud.

12. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The massclaim went down the way it did because a) we were all distracted by the shiny new mass claimy thing and b) more interested in getting a feel for Lexi then actually reading what she was doing and c) Cause Sesc didn't CC xP

If Aek wants to move his game away from just meta analysis then I'm all for it. Trying new things out will only make the community better.

---------- Post automerged at 01:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 AM ----------

All the RVS hate. Give me a minute to look over the thread and I'll get a serious post out.

13. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    What? I like RVS, I just commented on it.

14. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    @fonti: Compare 37 to some of Aekiel's day 1 posts last game. You'll see what Sesc sees.

15. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Lynch Vote: Caesar

For being incredibly vague and non committal with everything he's said so far.

Can LochNess, Fishy, Rents and Wetnurse all post soon. None of them you have said anything worth saying so far, or in Wetnurse's case anything at all.

16. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

You mean, it's useful for Mafia to hide behind when they don't know what else to talk about, and yes, that's true. Cue my vote on you.

Yes, I was pretty annoyed that the Massclaim went down without even discussing how and why. I think I even made a post to that effect, when no one else would. Had I been anything but that doctor, I'd have insisted. I think most people somehow have a tendency to just roll with the flow and not THINK. That, however, has nothing to do with Metagaming. I concur with blab #51.

@Prophylaxis: I usually say 'Mafia' instead of 'scum'. And in regards to blab, I see nothing to convince me of his status as Mafia. I don't like random questions either, because it works the same way as mechanics discussions, but if that was my measure, I'd have to lynch vote 90% of thread. Why pick blab specifically (i.e., what was it you disliked about his questions compared to others'?)

17. Caesar

Caesar First Year

Right. Maybe I'm just overly sensitive to the possibility after the last game but does anyone else see distancing in the Aek/blab interactions? It reads similar to what Aek and I were trying to do on Day 1 of the last game to me.

18. blab

blab Second Year

Though it is somewhat ironic coming from you, but you are right, we need more activity.

So:

Originally I planned to do this early day 2, but I just decided to do it now instead*:

(*Because I want a guaranteed shot rather then get killed without using it. I want more activity. There is more than enough time in the day for me to pick out a reasonable target after the lynch. In almost every game I saw the vigilante (closest to my role, I think) shot somebody day 1.)

I am Leon Kuwata, the Town Macho Sniper.

I have two abilities (paraphrased, because no quotes):
    1. Strike Out: Once I have claimed my role and this ability I can select one player each night. If he has a different alignment then me, he dies.
    2. A Million Fungoes: A negative ability, not going to tell what it does.

Googling, I haven't found a game with this role, so if I'm messing up, blame Lexicat.
    If we have a investigative ability I would welcome the cop-shot, lie-detection(for that matter: I am part of town), watcher or whatever else Lexicat invented as a role.
    Also, protection, obviously. Since I might die in the night anyway(if we have no protection/scum has a protection-piercing kill/whatever), this might be my only shot. So I want everyone additionally to the lynch vote to give me a target.
    Like:
    Target: blab.

I don't think it would be wise to tell who I will shoot at the end of the day, but if you think differently, make a case.

So:

Vote: Fishy Justice
    Say something about the game now, you're clever, right?

19. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

Sorry everyone, boyfriend surprised me with a night away at a hotel at Niagara Falls. Just at work I promise I will have something proper up in under three hours.

20. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Unvote

I have trouble seeing scum falseclaiming this early. But blab, Kalas shot on night one in Mini Mafia 4 because he had two shots, one of which he saved for night three. I only used my shot on night one of Mini Mafia 5 because I was 90% sure I was going to die. The shot becomes a lot more useful later in the game, and I wish you had waited.