1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned fanfics you wish were completed

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by ScottPress, Dec 7, 2014.

1. Rayndeon

Rayndeon Professor

I think neither of the following have been mentioned yet. I'd like to see Tinn Tam's Song of the Trees and Grinning Lizard's Unforgiven finished.

EDIT: Also, 50caliberchaos' The Sword and the Sorcerer comes to mind as something in need of a sequel.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2014
  2. Gurukid

Gurukid Third Year

3. Arrowjoe

Arrowjoe Auror

Pretty sure PTwP isn't abandoned. There was a thread dedicated to it in the Library, but some people couldn't keep the speculation/shipping discussion to a minimum and Minion went and did what Minion does. Last I heard cxjenious needed a new computer/laptop, so story writting was on hold until then.

4. Saot

Saot Groundskeeper

As of about a month ago, book five's up to 157k words and he's still making (slow) progress on it.

5. Gurukid

Gurukid Third Year

Good to know, for both stories. Not sure I buy the fact that PTwP won't be abandoned, but I truly hope I'm wrong.

6. The Santi

The Santi Professor

I was reading Knowledge is Power almost immediately after chapter 1 came out. I don't think I had joined DLP yet, and I was looking for people to bounce some story ideas off of for HP&BWL. Fettucini and I had a few really good PM conversations about the broader HP universe and what we disliked about Canon.

It was really unfortunate the way he just dropped off the grid and deleted his account. I sent him one last PM after he deleted his story, but I never heard back. At the time, I thought his fic would be the re-tell that made it through all 7 years.

Thanks for the continued love, Pers! I never really stopped working on the story, and I have a few chapters written out. I am hoping my schedule will lighten up closer to the holidays so I can finally post something. I also need to get ahold of my old beta group and see if 1. they are still alive and 2. interested in reviewing the story.

7. Krieger

Krieger Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

It's going to be a good christmas this year.

8. thejabber27

thejabber27 Groundskeeper

Misericorde and Lily by Perpicacity, the sequel to Dagger and Rose you can't read anymore.

The Thief of Hogwarts by Bluminious8, It's aged well but never finished.

There's no Tomorrow by moeexyz, a groundhog's day style community story.

The Neverending road by letitbur, The only good Hikaru no go fic I know of.

All of Morta's Priest's work.

Harry Potter and the Arcana

Swinging Pendulum by cywscross

9. deyas

deyas Groundskeeper

Who knew that all you had to do to get authors to come out about why they haven't been updating their stories was to make that shit public.

10. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Best news of 2014.

11. PomMan

PomMan High Inquisitor

Quoted for truth.

On topic, I loved Harry Potter and the Hero's Path when I discovered it, and it has held up relatively well considering it was made in 2006, and it was the second to come to mind (after Hp&tBWL by Santi), so that would be mine if I could pick any.

12. Genghiz Khan

Genghiz Khan Headmaster

I third this.

And I didn't search to see if this has been mentioned in this thread before, but I'd love Heart of Darkness by Cka3ka to update. It's been abandoned for a while (last update was in 2009), but still, one can hope...

13. Zennith

Zennith Pebble Wrestler ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
  14. psychobob35

psychobob35 Fourth Year

Goddammit, now I have to read BWL again.

15. Himuradono

Himuradono Professor

Thirteenth Stepping by Rymrock(Rym) - (HP/Starcraft Crossover) Because we don't have enough quality HP/SC crossovers.

16. Telrath

Telrath Second Year

Fucking seconded.

17. silverlasso

silverlasso Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Holy shit, this. I was trying to remember the title and was drawing a total blank, so I'm glad you posted. If you haven't read Anarkia, you're doing yourself a disservice. IMO it's aged fairly well for a story that was started 9.5 years ago and definitely has a fascinating AU.

My pants are uncomfortably tight.

18. oghmanian

oghmanian First Year

I'd love to see an update to Harry Potter: The Last Avatar by the Sorting Cat. Awesome fusion of the two universes, and it was just getting to the meat of the story with the tournament.

19. Crucipated

Crucipated Squib

There's quite a few already listed here, the one above being an example, that I would either have liked to have been continued or am awaiting the months and years to get some freaking update(s).

I can only imagine the reception these will have, but two of the big fanfics I hated to see dropped like hot potatoes, and one that updates slower than a turtle with two bad legs, were;

• "All Roads Lead Back" by pandiesboxx. Just when it actually seemed that Harry & Hermione were going to officially start down the road to actually getting together after all that fucking angst, too, if memory serves correctly!
    • "Harry Potter and the Acceptance of Fate" by Arya1. Might have been first time I read Harry given leadership-in-waiting of the Order in a believable and 'realistic' way, plus it was Harmony.
    • "Unlike a Sister" by MADharmony. 9 month anniversary of last update, for a story that's averaging an update just under every 6 months. I seriously don't know why I bother with WIPs... but I do. Really get to bump up my re-read counts that way, I guess. *siiiigh*.

20. Perspicacity

Perspicacity Destroyer of Worlds ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

Where idiots are not legally permitted to vote
    High Score:
    Great to hear! (Incidentally, if you need someone to pinch-hit as a beta, shoot me a PM.)