1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned fanfics you wish were completed

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by ScottPress, Dec 7, 2014.

1. Johnnyseattle

Johnnyseattle Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Yeah, this thread really depends on your definition of abandoned - Sitra Ahra was updated this year, albeit in February. Alexandra Potter is in the WbA section as a re-write, so there must be some rumblings there as well.

Wizard from Earth is a good call though. Any of Morta's Priest HP stuff would be welcome, for that matter.

2. Redsayn

Redsayn Slug Club Member

I would like Dawn of Darkness by Obsidian Sage to be completed. It is the sequel to his story called Last Riddle. Last Riddle is about the son of Lord Voldemort being kidnapped by Dumbledore, he is NOT a Potter, he is NOT a Gary Stu (although he is powerful) Jack loves his father who actually CARES ABOUT HIM and is trying to figure out what happened to his father. Also, he has to battle creatures which are magically superior to wizards hell bent on destroying the world. For example, one 'killed' Voldemort.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/3309256/1/The-Last-Riddle
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6380841/1/Dawn-of-Darkness

*SPOILER*

It turns out that Voldemort is actually alive, but has been thrown into a coma.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
  3. Atri

Atri Groundskeeper

Two abandoned fics that come to mind are A Magical World by Miranda Flairgold and Inquiring Minds by C.Night.

It's been years since I've read them and, looking at them now, they're not really good (probably more guilty pleasure than anything, really). But I'd like the former to update just because of all the world-building and the latter was the first Harry/Blaise story I came across that somehow worked.

4. dmacx

dmacx Groundskeeper

The Phoenix and the Serpent

For the love of all that's holy, Mark, please finish this. I realize it's not technically abandoned and you're getting paid to write stuff, but come on, man.

5. Teyrn

Teyrn Order Member

Honestly, I'd love to see the sequel that was supposedly planned for Grimm: A Fairy's Tale by Krahae on FF.net.

It had so much potential, I thought.

6. Spyder

Spyder Third Year

Pretty much the standard ones mentioned already... The Santi's amazing TBWL, Jbern's sequel etc.

For guilty pleasures, though, I'd like anything in the HP genre from cwyscross. He's been popping out Teen Wolf one-shots lately (Teen Wolf?!), but I'd love to see more Dead Man Walking, Antithesis or C'est La Vie.

I know they're technically not abandoned, but boy it sure does feel like it with these long gaps.

7. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

I add Child of Mercy to that long list of abandoned fics which I wish for to be completed. I've only read it recently, hence the late addition.

8. makeshiftcraftsman

makeshiftcraftsman First Year

I didn't say this to disparage his other stuff by any means. I've bought most of his original books and enjoyed them. I'd also appreciate a sequel to the Clone Detective story. The Sorting Hat is just such a memorable character that this is the story that comes to mind.

9. Genghiz Khan

Genghiz Khan Headmaster

I searched this thread and didn't find any mention of the story, so here goes. I'd love for Geor-sama to update Shinobi Wars (FFN). No offence to any Naruto writer out there, but I feel that this fic has the best Naruto characterization out there. Period. Reading this (and its prequel, Altered History (FFN)) is what got me into the fandom in the first place.

10. Atri

Atri Groundskeeper

Yeah, the Anko/Naruto interaction was especially well done. Though that whole Unity thing was kind of boring.

11. dirgy

dirgy Third Year

The Wizard From Earth- Makes me so sad that this hasn't been updated in two years. Possibly one of the best AUs (from a world-building and innovative magic standpoint) in the HP fandom.

12. Vulcan

Vulcan Groundskeeper

The Wizard of Gotham by Skysaber - https://www.fanfiction.net/s/3509790/1/The-Wizard-of-Gotham

One of the funniest takes on 'Harry raised by villains'.

13. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Man, I'd forgotten this story...I loved it though, although on rereading it just now Harry's pretty unrealistically written. Still a great story.

14. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

I'm still creeped out a bit by "Aspling."

"Baby aspling raven has some venom in those fangs"

And yet that's still not as bad as "pup".

15. andy50

andy50 Groundskeeper

Nature's Nobility, there is just something about it that I find extremly interesting. Although we only see a glimpse of what the story would be like.

16. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

17. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Heh. I can't say the next chapter ist just around the corner, sorry. The best I can offer is saying I still like it, and write the current chapter ... sentence by sentence :?

I will say, however, that something is going to get posted during the holidays. Probably not this, but I'll just have to see what I feel like writing.

@Santi: Ditto what Pers said, I can't exactly offer any continuity beta-skills since I've forgotten far too much, but for the rest I'm game during the hols if you need it.

18. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

It's "Sister, Mine", right?

T3t
  19. son et lumiere

son et lumiere First Year

That would be a delight. XD

My top three:

1) Young Again: The Rewrite- There is perhaps no other fanfic that I would love to see updated more than Taliath's time-travel fanfic. I feel that this story had quite a bit of potential. It's a shame that the story was abandoned before it truly started going anywhere. But it sure did have quite a bit of potential. Her story held the promise of being something akin to Lightning on the Wave's massive series, in terms of how magic is handled (the rituals and so on), without all the problems that marred that series. It remains a huge what could have been.

2) Saving Ivy - One of the only Harry Potter/Dresden Files crossovers to ever catch my attention. Unfortunately, nuhuh stopped writing about it far too early on. What little is there is some really good stuff. Love how Dresden is written and young Harry is adorable. Pretty much my favorite young!Harry in any fanfic.

3) Lords of Magic - The story had quite a few flaws but the world that Taure was creating appealed to me quite a bit. We desperately need more stories like this...stories that add a much needed breath of fresh air to the fandom. Few held as much promise as Lords of Magic did.

20. Knoq

Knoq Temporarily Banhammered

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/5329223...Dursley-Family

Essentially, what if Vernon Dursley was a decent man, and Petunia didn't continue to hate her sister.

---------- Post automerged at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 PM ----------

I suspect you would lose that fight. And possibly some fingers.

---------- Post automerged at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

Ew, Helena Bonham Carter deserves better.