1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Alan Wake

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by fuubar, Jun 10, 2010.

1. fuubar

fuubar Headmaster

So I've been playing this some today and I've got some seriously mixed feelings on it. On the one hand the presentation is superb, the environment and the characters all fit together to make everything feel downright creepy and foreboding and the story is genuinely interesting me.

On the other hand a few of the sequences are making me fucking rage. Currently (for anyone else who has played it) I'm at the Lover's Peek where that other (npc) guy has the gun and you've got the light. I've gotta say I've never seen a worse shot in real life or in a video game... I've got the 'darkness' burned off of three guys and am running around dodging and that motherfucker empties 2 full clips and doesn't kill a single damned one >__> Needless to say Mr. 'I have no fucking endurance' can't keep running away from them and gets turned into mincemeat.

Hmm, maybe I'm more irritated with this than I thought I was...

So yea anyone else played this yet?

2. JohnThePyro

JohnThePyro Headmaster

Necro power!

Also wondering what people think of this. I finally got an xbox 360, and have no idea what to play. Saw the reviews and Alan Wake seems to be getting 9/10 or more. I love story based games (bioware being my preferred RPGs.). I normally prefer shooters on the PC, but I'm getting used to them on the 360.

Anyway, worth getting or no?