1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

All Hallow's Eve: Yea or Nay?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mournthewicked, Oct 19, 2005.

?

All Hallow's Eve: Yea or Nay?

1. Yea!

99.4%
  2. Nay!

0.6%
  1. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

i was just wondering what the sins were.lol
    i'm putting on a mask and crashing random halloween partys. then scareing kids.lol fun :twisted:

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

well i find that tlaking abotu satanicism and how nobody practices christianity to the fullest abit off the topic, even if halloween is a celebration of the dead, I don't think that the topic was started to talk about the religious aspects of it, but the fun and candy side of it, but i doucld always be wrong(e) (is there and e in wronge?).

3. Necrule Paen

Necrule Paen DLP Elite DLP Supporter

Is that a serious question? Why would you think there is an E in wrong?

4. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Dude it's okay, because if you're Christian, you can just ask Jebus for forgiveness the second before you die, and all will be well!

Think George Carlin put it best... "if you can be forgived for anything and everything just by asking, why the hell should you behave in the first place? Go forth and fornicate, defecate, fuck, fondle, maim, murder... and God bless you"

5. realmess

realmess Slug Club Member

Someone else said: "God will forgive me, it's his job." but according to the priests it's not that easy. Even on your deathbed God shall look into your heart and see the true intent. [sorry for shall, it's all those years of Sunday school coming out].

6. mournthewicked

mournthewicked Mistress

I imagine if you were Catholic, you'd need a freaking Sin Eater.

7. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

....o_O

havent we already had the whole religions suck thiings.. blah.. anyway... its all fucked...

and sin eater just sounds like a guy that would go around specifically to commit sins to me.. i wanna be one! ^_^... wait.... i do that already sooo yay... nifty new name..

8. mournthewicked

mournthewicked Mistress

A Sin Eater was a man that lived in the outskirts of a village. He basically lived by himself his whole life, and his "job" was when someone died he would eat their sins so they could go to the afterlife with none of the sins they did in their life on earth. He lived with everyone else's sin and thus was not allowed to "ascend".

I would reccomend "The Order" as a movie to watch if you want to know some more.

9. Rob

Rob Looked into the void

Or conversely, you could read the Canadian Short Story, 'The Sin Eater', which deals largely with a Sin Eater. Heh, go figure.

10. mournthewicked

mournthewicked Mistress

There's also a book, but don't read that. It's really really stupid.

11. Miss Selarne

Miss Selarne Sixth Year

Halloween is finally upon us. In simple terms, Halloween is here.

I finally managed to dig through our costume box. I decided I might as well go trick-or-treating. I'm going as The Scream since I'm too lazy to put together a costume. On another note, is anyone else being attacked by ladybugs? I swear they're out to get me. I got attacked by one in my bathroom last night, one on the bus today, and there were at least 12 crawling outside the frontdoor and 6 inside. Are ladybugs always this bad? I just moved north and have never had to deal with ladybugs. But now I'm terrified they're out to get me.

12. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

ummm....i'm just wondering but....um....what is a ladybug doing in your bathroom?Cause i'm pretty sure they should not be in there.

13. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

I got attacked by giant ladybugs once.... but then I passed out and woke up the next morning with a terrible hangover and a cramp in my neck.

The morale of the story?

Never lose count of how many drinks you've had.

14. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

You should read some of Tucker Max's stories...fucking crazy how much he drinks. One time he went to sleep, and woke up with a .09 blood alcohol level...too high to drive legally.

15. mournthewicked

mournthewicked Mistress

I and some of my friends ended up dressing up and walking down middle or the main street of a major city (at midnight) and taking pictures of each other while standing on a water fountain in the square.

We stopped two cars, had two people whistle, and had three people beep their horns/yell/wave. And a garbage truck man creep us out.

Afterwards, we got free alcohol.

All in all, a pretty good All Hallow's Eve.

16. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

I sat here and programmed PHP for PatronusCharm...boring Halloween.

17. Cervus

Cervus Raptured to Hell

I spent the day in bed, ignoring the door anytime someone knocked on it. I have bad knees and one gave way on me the other day, my face hit the floor and now my left eye is almost swollen shut. Doesn't help that i can hardly see through my right eye because i recently had an opperation on it. Still got a banging headache now.

Moral of the story... don't headbutt the fucking floor.

18. HashBrowns

HashBrowns First Year

I skipped class. Got drunk and thats about it.

19. Rain

Rain Pirate Navigator of the 7 Seas

That's exactly what I did! Amazing! And here I thought I was being original. :roll:

Well, actually, I was supposed to hand out candy. I was being blackmailed by my mother, but after I scared away the third kid I got bored and just left the bucket on the steps. I was amazed there was any left when I checked this morning.

20. Miss Selarne

Miss Selarne Sixth Year

There was actually candy left? Weird, if a bucket is just sitting there, usually people take all they can get. Can you send the rest of the candy to me? And the only reason a ladybug was in my bathroom was because they're out to get me. I already told you that.