1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Analysis of Dumbledore

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by BloodyTalons, Apr 7, 2006.

?

Of those that either enjoy Dumbledore bashing or that hate Dumbledore, how many are American, Britis

1. Italian

98.0%
  2. German

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Spanish

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. French

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. American

0.7%
  6. British/Canadian/Australian

0.7%
  7. Oriental

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Other (I mean no disrespect towards unmentioned nationalities, but space and personal ignorance is l

0.7%
  1. BloodyTalons

BloodyTalons Guest

I was wondering if there was any clear analysis of those who either like to bash or hate Dumbledore by cultural or nationality. I can envision that certain cultures would find Dumbledore's interference in Harry's life more disturbing while others may find it to be of lesser consequence.

2. Lord Nemesis Black

Lord Nemesis Black Fourth Year

I have to aggre with BloodyTalons about his statement concerning the diffrence in cultural veiws on dumbledore.

3. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You have 2 variables on your poll so it doesnt work.
    (i.e. one variable is nationality, the other variable is like/hate Dumbledore)
    For a proper investigation only one variable can be adjusted.

EDIT: Why are British, Canadian and Austrailian put together? They are very seperate countries.

4. BloodyTalons

BloodyTalons Guest

I had originally seperated them but the software limited the number of choices I could make available. Ideally there would be two polls. One for those that do not hate or believe in bashing Dumbledore and one for those that do. I am however only interested in those that do hate or like the idea of bashing Dumbledore. I am just trying to get an idea if there is a cultural or national component to this.

Some cultures that I have been in contact with would not find such intrusions into the major decisions concerning a minor's life without consultation to be unexpected. Others would find the whole affair to be at least borderline criminal if not criminal. As an American, I cringe at the thought of all the possible legal ramifications the situation presents.

In the U.S., the headmaster would be open to a variety of actions to include accessory to child abuse, unlawful imprisonment, and slavery. If he ever touched any of Harry's inheritance then charges stemming from theft to embellment are possible and those aren't even considering the ramifications of what happened to Sirius. The case could be made that Dumbledore's interference was a conspiracy to ensure control over the Potter estate thru malicious acts against the rightful heir and his guardian. The end result would be that Dumbledore would become not only the most reviled wizard but probably serve out the remainder of his life in prison while Harry got Dumbledore's entire estate.

So, as you can see, culture or nationality could be a factor. Our laws reflect cultural or national beliefs. Other cultures would see the situation as something normal that went wrong with Dumbledore not being at fault. This is what I am trying to investigate. How many of the Dumbledore haters and bashers are from cultures where their views are similar to my description above.

5. Necrule Paen

Necrule Paen DLP Elite DLP Supporter

You have a third variable, the number of people on this site that belong to those nationalities. Right now it is at 100% American, but does that mean most Dumbledore haters are American? No. It could be that there are just more Americans that go to this site then the other nationalities. Therefore, any results you get from this poll will be irretrievably flawed.

To get proper results you will need to give two responses for each nationality. One saying they are a DD hater and one saying they are not a DD hater. You would then ignore the percents and just use the number of people who selected the choices to get your results, that way you will have all three variables accounted for and your results will be far more accurate.

And obviously due to constraints you will have to split it into several polls instead of one. Hence why you ignore the percentages and use the # of votes.