1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

And The Power The Dark Lord Knows Not Is...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dubrichius, Mar 5, 2006.

1. pavonis

pavonis Backtraced

I know its a bit cliched but I always liked Harry unloading a few dozen clips at a Death Eater camp or the Ministry of Magic. Given the fact that the Misuse of Muggle Artifacts office can't figure out what a fellytone is, it would be fun to see them react to an auto assault rifle.

Good thing Fudge wore brown pants!

2. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

3 words: Teabagged to Death

That's how Harry will defeat TOm. By viciously and mercilessly tea-bagging him.

3. DGD

DGD Headmaster

Classic CharlieCharms right there.

4. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    About the Voldemort is flight from death thing, I mean I KNOW J.K is stupid in her books lately,but to give a character, who just happens to be obsessed with death and immortality Flight from Death as a name in French....That sounds like a big fucking coincidence. Also Marvolo.....Thats like most of Voldemort right there another big fucking coincidence. It seems to thought out, but of course J.K could have just lucked into that too.....God Damn with the luck she has she's like freaking Harry without the wussyness and well no true love for her.

It's also painfully obvious that the 6th and 7th book are being written by J.K, but the ideas all from her daughter. I mean J.K has had a bad love life why would she of ALL people have the "power of love" in the book. Her daughter, a teenage slash happy girl with pics of H/G in her room sounds more obvious.....SHES THE TRUE WRITER.

5. Rob

Rob Looked into the void

The REAL power the dark lord knows not is a conveniently placed swimming pool and oppressively absorbent robes. I rather like Ophelia!Voldemort.

6. Yarrgh!

Yarrgh! Pirate King

:puke:

That's all i have to say to that...GROSS!!!

Uh oh...bad image in my mind...leaving to tear out my eyes now.

7. Harpy Prince

Harpy Prince Seventh Year

Because it's world renown that Harry's nuts weigh a metric ton.

8. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

You know, come to think of it, Canon Harry, judging in by HBP, will have one book to become the most powerful wizard in the world. Seeing how the books span 1 year, thats 1 year to go from a dark magic hating, The light side is perfect, I am a bitch to Ginny Weasley, I cant even do nonverbal spells, Stun-but-not-kill, I only know a lot of jinxes and the stunning spell, I am very lucky, my life is Quidditch!, small minded, bigoted, hypocritical, unfairly Slytherin hating, Defensive only, lapdog, angsty, I Suddenly know love even though I still stiffen when someone hugs me, 5 foot 5, brash, childish, emotionally weak, IDIOT! to:

The most powerful wizard. Ever. Even better than the wandless magic, 150 + years of magical knowledge, uberPowerful, wise, SMART, Albus Dumbledore.

Seems Unlikely doesn't it? Therefore, we can assume that J.K. is going to have Harry defeat Voldemort on some out of the left field magical technicality or power.

And marry Ginny and become the Headmaster of Hogwarts. And forgive all who have wronged him and become suddenly incredibly wise.

I swear, if Book 7 is some trashy teenage angst story with Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Ginny (Because her love is more important than her Safety) hunting for Horcruxes around the world (if they are all in Britain...ugh, too easy!)and succesfully destroying them all (Dumbledore needed Harry, and even when he was shaking, incoherent, he needed to save Harry's life from the Inferi because Harry was too shaken to act...shows how hard it is. Hermione better not suddenly know how to defeat the riddles to find them...)

Its going to rushed, unrealistic, and definitely a deus ex machina. Some bullshit way to defeat Voldemort because Harry realisticly cannot ever compete with him in a fair duel. And if he dies because Harry overpowered him in the Priori Incantem...

I'm to pissed to speak

9. Yarrgh!

Yarrgh! Pirate King

Uh...the Power the Dark Lord knows not...ring a bell?

She wrote it in for exactly this situation. When Harry's a dweeb, he can still pull a victory out of his ass.

10. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Me thoughts exactly, I still think shes going to play the elemental card..

11. Yarrgh!

Yarrgh! Pirate King

ROFL...if she does, i...i can't fathom the anger i will feel.

That would ruin the story so badly, that fanfiction will lose it's current appeal.

12. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Has already in a way.. most of the stuff I read is just updates from authors on this site (hint :)), everytime I go searching my head feels like exploding.

13. saL

saL Second Year

harry learns necromancy and revives his mother
    then he lets his mother sacrifice hersefl for him again and when the dark lord AKs him he gets killed for good by the magical backlash

or:

let ginny die instead
    that would at least make some readers happy
    (and leave some mentally disturbed kiddies :D)

or:

harry challenges voldemort to a 'real' mans duel they take out their 'wands', voldemorts is shorter and he AKs himself
    on second thought i think harry would lose considering what a wuss he is

or:

harry convinces a dementor to slip voldemort amonertia
    voldemort and the dementor start snogging, the rest is history...

14. Yarrgh!

Yarrgh! Pirate King

ROFL!

Your sig is hilarious! I can't agree more with what your sig says.

BOT: I still stand by the idea that she wrote "Power the Dark Lord knows not" just so that she oculd come up witht heidea later. I mean, it was a snappy way to end the last good book that she wrote.

Now, at the very end of book 7, when Harry has managed to learn nothing of use at all, he will magically summon all the horcruxes...and i use 'magically' as an exaggeration, nitpickers...and then in one massive burst of coincidence, annihilate them and Voldemort at the same time.

The power the Dark Lord did not have the naivete to imagine.

I can just see the look on Voldie's face right before he dies. "How fucking cliche...urk!"

15. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

Personally I think that it's gonna be a mutual take out.

Rowling has invested way to much into turning Harry into a Christ-Figure to not have him die for the sins of the wizarding world.

The only remaining question is:

On the third day will he rise again in accordance with the scriptures?

16. Yarrgh!

Yarrgh! Pirate King

Of course...Ginny's tears as they fall on Harry's tomb will reawaken him.

Ginny: "I can't beleive i didn't fuck him! He would ahve been the trophy...i would have fucked the Boy-Who-Lived!"

Harry: "Bearrgh! Die, foul wench!"

*shoves a snow-plow into Ginny's you-know-where and puts a brick on the accelerator*

Ginny: "Ohhhh...yeah, baby-" *spurt* her body is mowed away.

Harry: *does the happy dance* "Now...where the hell are Fleur and Cho? I gotta get my freak on, bitch!"

I can't beleive i wrote that.

17. Jibril

Jibril Headmaster

The Power That The Dark Lord Knows Not? Simple. the power of Muggle brain surgery. Harry will stun (or put to sleep) Voldemort and he will take him to the nearest brain surgery clinic. Then he will perform a lobotomy on poor old Tom. And TA-DA. Dark Lord is drooling idiot, that cannot say a single word. And Harry lives for ever because he cannot die, because he hadn't killed Voldie.

(sorry for my mistakes)

18. Duke of Rothwood

Duke of Rothwood Professor

Yeah I know, I simply hope that the 7th book takes place over several years, but even then...

The way it stands now, I am not even sure if I want to buy the book, it will probably just be a waste of money

19. Missy

Missy The Emperor Sheep's Mistress

Dont buy the book. Wait until a public library gets it and snatch it up before anybody else does.

20. Randeemy

Randeemy Headmaster DLP Supporter

I firmly believe that Voldemort will not die, or at least, not by Harry's hand.

As DD says, there are things in this world far worse than death, and that it is Voldemorts weakness in not recognising death.

To him death is a muggle thing, it is weak, and he doesnt want to be associated with muggles and their weaknesses...