1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

And The Power The Dark Lord Knows Not Is...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dubrichius, Mar 5, 2006.

1. Missy

Missy The Emperor Sheep's Mistress

Harry could have some freak burst of intelligence and he could come up with a way to kill Voldemort. But he's too chicken shit to acutally do anything. He's more of the type to sit and be scared while ...everyone else basically does the same thing.

2. World

World Oberstgruppenführer DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Yeah, because we all know wizards don't die ... ...

But yeah, him not dying is a definite possibility. After all, didn't Dumbledore defeat Grindlewald rather than killing him?

3. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

DDR; As Shown in my Silly story in my signature.

4. Raggerd

Raggerd First Year DLP Supporter

I think Nonjon came closest to what JKR is thinking.

1. Book 7 will be horcrux hunting with Harry destroying them (Dumbledore got his hand blackened) due to his scar/connection.

Then Final Battle he figures out he is the last horcrux and kills himself because of his love for his twue fwiends.

2. What I hope is that he becomes a necromancer is some kind of believable way with the ability to inflict true death. Because based on the previous books he has no other skill that would kill Voldemort.

5. Randeemy

Randeemy Headmaster DLP Supporter

Dont take that sarcastic tone with me young man.

Im pretty sure DD mentions in HBP that he sees himself as special and as a wizard he can avoid death, whereas, if he was a muggle such avenues would not be open to him

6. arkeus

arkeus Seventh Year

Hum.... it's true that rowling backed herself into a corner, where either harry wins by chance, or he gets super powerful because of a love bond with ginny.

Oh, and i seriously believe in the evilness and stupidity of the slytherin :)

7. Lord Apophis

Lord Apophis Professor

I think his power is the ability to channel raw magic, in the final battle does he see his friends killed and he somehow by some freak chance throws a bolt of raw magic at voldemort that destroys his soul, because other then a freak chance is there no way for harry to be able to kill voldemort.

8. Olfrik

Olfrik Seventh Year

Canon sounds like the power is that he is the only one stupid enough to run halfbaked into shit. That could lead to Voldi having a stroke, cause he did somthing nobody would even think of beiing so stupid.

My second suggestion would be an unprecidented amount of sheer dumb luck. I wonder why nobody ever wrote a gambler!Harry?

9. arkeus

arkeus Seventh Year

Actualy, i once saw a ficlet like that, written by an author that pulled all of his fics out of ffnet. But i think i remember something like it. Short it was, though.

10. Zevrillion

Zevrillion Founder Retired Staff

It's quite simple. JKR will implement "Me, myself and Irene". Harry is married with Ginny. They get three children with white hear. Harry sees Ginny kissing Draco in the final battle and snaps... He explodes from a broken heart and Volde is caught in the explosion.

11. pyrobriar

pyrobriar First Year

LoL....while that would be funny, I agree with people who think that Harry will end up watchin all his "loved" ones die, and that will anger him to the point where he channels all the magic within his core and shoots it at Voldy in one ray of pure vengience...which leaves Harry as a muggle.

I really cant see many other ways for JK to finish this series. She really has backed herself into a corner....but who knows....she may end up surprising us and pulling out something creative that we arent thinking about...we'll just have to wait and see!!!

12. Verse of Darkness

Verse of Darkness Denarii Host

I hope its some kind of timeskip. ''Ten years and the Wizarding World..." or something. That could give Harry some time to make Harry something else rather than Crucio.

13. Fuegodefuerza

Fuegodefuerza Minister of Magic

You all are so wrong! Obviously, after destroying the absurdly-easy-to-find-Horcruxes, smartest-witch-of-the-age Hermione is going to create an uberPowerful spell based on love like the Patronus is based on happiness, which Harry uses powered by his love for Ginny to turn Voldemort into a Muggle, where he proceeds to fall in love with a Mary-Sue and become Harry's kid's Grandpa Tommy. Gosh!

*shakes head at fellow DLPer's simplemindedness*

14. Randeemy

Randeemy Headmaster DLP Supporter

Well I think we have a winner ^...

15. saL

saL Second Year

hmm... let me try another one:

Harry and Ginny find out that they cant live without another, they buy 'The Burrow II' and begin making a happy family of green-eyed readheads.
    One day big bad Lord Voldemort comes over for a nice neighborly visit and sees them in the act.
    Of course he kills them but as Tommy can't get those disgusting images out of his mind he destroys his remaining horcruxes and AKs himself!

16. Zevrillion

Zevrillion Founder Retired Staff

Yes, and he runs around in a wheelchair. "Tooooommmmmmyyyy, toooommmmmyyyyyy!!!".

17. SushiZ

SushiZ Auror

meh i wont be suprised if J.K Rowling does pull some crap about love and other useless nonsense. but i will never understand this, i mean Harry has had his parents murdered, lived with a bunch of idiotic muggles who mistreated him, fought voldy, watched his friend and godfather die, then (SPOILER WARNING)

watches Dumbledore die yet he still doesnt do anything about it. I mean you would think that he would get the message and train or study his ass off but apparently death threats are nothing to worry about. This of course could and probably is Ron weasley's fault and (the slut ginny.) I personally hope a couple of more characters like ron, hermione and ginny die off in the next book then maybe harry will get the message. :D

18. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    How in fucks name is it Ron's fault. Did he force Harry to play chess? No, he asked. Harry says yes, it's HIS fault.

EDIT: Also, have you noticed that sometimes Harry asks Ron to play chess? If he's sad, or Ron's is getting angry, Harry asks to play chess.

19. mcatrage

mcatrage Raptured to Hell

eh maybe ron will sacrifice himself so he can finally be famous for something and then harry AKs tom

but i'm guessing it'll be some sappy thing that will just anger me, but i guess they wouldn't be selling millions of the book if they were like some of the stories i like from this site.

is it wrong if you want harry to stop being a pussy and kill someone and not cry?

20. saL

saL Second Year

while harry is mostly a pussy in canon he at least doesn't cry (or rowling doesn't write about it) this is just the work of fandom where some authors let him cry for pages to be consoled by miss mary-sue or uber-uncle moony or worse, draco...