1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

And The Power The Dark Lord Knows Not Is...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dubrichius, Mar 5, 2006.

1. Hellsing Boy

Hellsing Boy Second Year

If book 7 spans only a year, then the Deus ex machina is inevitable;

OR

alternatively, Harry could introduce Voldemort to the internet, and have him visit http://www.potterpuppetpals.com/ so he dies of laughter!

This shit's hilarious!:D

2. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

Harry is a fucking moron.

His power is unblelievable luck.

Any Questions?

3. Dubrichius

Dubrichius Groundskeeper

Just had a thought about what the power might be. Harry kidnaps Voldemort, forces him to watch End of Evangelion, then asks him to explain what the fuck happened in the end. Voldie's head implodes as his brain melts trying to understand the movie.

4. Xenon

Xenon Professor

/sigh.
    Im disapointed in you all. I'll sum up the last 5 pages of book 7 for you. There will be an extraneously long flashback, followed by a short, but inspirational speech, and then Voldemort will vanish in a plot hole the size of Ginslut's vagina, never to be heard of again.

That's right bitches. The power the Dark Lord knows not is Plot Holes. Deal with it.

5. Nexus

Nexus Denarii Host

no
    no
    no
    you see many people have guessed it without knowing..........harry is gonna hug voldie to death

6. Nexus

Nexus Denarii Host

hey....maybe he will make the amorentia potion and have ginny fall in love with him......then voldie will ak himself........

7. SushiZ

SushiZ Auror

Well i agree with Amerision on this one, its all luck so far so whats to say the next one wont be the same? I mean is there possibly a way to defeat the most feared dark lord without even finishing school? the only thing harry knows to do is the patronous, maybe VOLDY will turn into a dementor and then harry will focus his "love" for his gin gin and the dementor (in this case voldemort) just explodes and all the souls trapped are FREEEEEEEEEEED. yey we just wasted 10 years of our lives waiting for Harry potter books only to realize that we have been ripped off. :D

8. Nameless_Heretic

Nameless_Heretic Backtraced

Harry will force Voldemort to watch Manos: The Hands of Fait, Santa Claus Conquers the Martians, and other horrible movies from Mystery Science Theater 3000, WITHOUT the witty commentary that kept me sane while watching it.

And for the record, a part of my soul still died when I watched the Manos one, even with the comments.

9. Jheph

Jheph Groundskeeper

When Harry destroys all Horuxes(sp?), Voldemort will die by accidentally poking his eyes with his wand and going through his brain.

10. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

I had not read the many posts in here, so I have no idea if this was previously mentioned, and I apologies in advance for that. I saw someone saying that Vol meant Flight or Theft. Now, even if it was later said that they are imaginative names, I think Theft of Death would be better discription of his character, as he stole his own death away from him, in my own opinion that is.

11. Athenia

Athenia Groundskeeper

JegedlyJaded: Voldemort means Flight of Death.

12. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

What about this post then....or is it proven that Voldemort means Flight From Death rather than Theft of Death?

13. Athenia

Athenia Groundskeeper

No, it isn't proven anywhere. Voldemort has several meanings if you route it in the French. "Flight of death" "Flight from death" "theft of death". I think the first two are generally used because of Voldemort's fear of death and want of immortality so it seems like the more appropriate translation. People also tend to use the more logical french association since 1)JKR uses the French pronunciation 2)it is the most straightforward translation.

However, there are still several other options: It is similar to the Slavic name meaning "Great Ruler" and the same namesake is used in one of Poe's stories where the man is so scared of death he puts himself to sleep in order to live longer. It also is similar to a Germanic(sp?) name meaning genocide.

Somewhere along the way the most common way to see the name was "Flight from/of death" I think that is because it is the most direct translation of the word.

14. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

Ahh, well, that was what I was trying to say. I think Theft of Death would make as much sense as Flight from Death, since he had stolen his own death away by creating seven horuxes. The thing is, I don't think I have ever seen anyone use this in a story, they just stick to the main one, 'Flight from Death':wall:

15. Nexus

Nexus Denarii Host

Hm...If Harry's power is luck and since it's always useful when Voldemort is trying to kill him. Maybe Voldie will be walking towards harry trying to kill him. He trips and breaks his neck.

16. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

Well, my prediction is going to have to be something that replicas how his body had been vanqiushed the first time, only the horuxes won't be there to save him.

Something like, Voldemort is taunting Harry, and for excitement sends an Avada Kedavra at one of Harry's friends. The pure 'love' he feels for his friend will cause him to jump in the way(Unfortunately) causing him to get hit be the curse, but seeing as he is already protected by his mother, the curse bounces. the curse immeditatly bounces off of him into voldemort, leaving him dead. So, the power would be love, as it was the thing that caused him to jump in the way, otherwise Voldemort may not use Avada Kadavra on Harry, but some gruesome dark arts.

Either that, or the curse does work, Harry dies. But when Voldemort targets his next victim, Harry's protection does the same thing as Lily's had.

I don't see Harry beating Voldemort in a duel, I only see him surviving the same way he did the first time.

17. Moloch

Moloch Groundskeeper

Naw, chances are is that there's going to be a big titanic and badly described battle where a lot of non-consequental characters get killed, eg. Dawlish, and then Harry and co. are gonna be at Voldemort's mercy. Harry's gonna get to watch as Voldie Crucios Gin-gin and then he's going to suffer a very long winded series of flashbacks which he'll then untie himself with a burst of super power and use Wandless magic crap on the laughing Voldemort who's going to either blow up on the spot or fall backwards and snap his neck on a rock.

Either those two or he's gonna throw the Weasley Twins at old Voldie.

18. Olfrik

Olfrik Seventh Year

That was very interesting, I would personally like to know the specific references you made. I am german and dont see any comparisons, the same with the slavic reference. I speak polish fluently and a good bit of russian and czech and dont know what you see there either.

19. Lord Apophis

Lord Apophis Professor

I also belive harrys power is luck.
    But if the power really is love so will it most likley happen like this. Harry will have the sword of gryffindore and will charge the blade with a patronus, voldemort will think it is amusing and lets harry hit him with the sword and the love behind the patronus/sword will kill voldemort...

20. Athenia

Athenia Groundskeeper

You know, for all characters may say Harry escapes only because of luck, overall Harry seems pretty unlucky to me...