1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Oneshot Antithesis by Watermage - K+

Discussion in 'Romance' started by Krogan, Dec 13, 2007.

1. Lawyer in Exile

Lawyer in Exile Second Year

Whoa! This is exactly, as if it was written for a DLP Challenge.
    Great execution of a well-used idea.

2. Janus

Janus Groundskeeper

Wow, okay, not fluff. >< Here I was looking for something to read after a sad fic. The five star story is good yes?

Well, yes, very good, excellent really, but holy CRAP its not something to read when you're trying to cheer up!

*Grumbles and goes to re-read Black Comedy or something, 5/5s it on his way out.*

3. Memory King

Memory King Order Member DLP Supporter

This is one of the reasons why I avoid angst as much as I do, even when done by competent authors. I'm looking for entertainment, not tear-jerkers.

On topic: The story definitely ages very well, I don't think I'll ever see a better take on this concept.

4. Goddessa39

Goddessa39 DA Member

I'm all for H/G sometimes but the way I have heard it is the epilogue was rushed and fast for even the stricter H/G shippers out there. This is a good little bit of an explanation for it.

5. Korisovra

Korisovra Headmaster

I actually found it interesting. 4/5 from me.

6. Water Mage

Water Mage Denarii Host

I've gotten quite a few interesting reviews for this story. This newest one really made me laugh so I thought I would share. Who knew the Ginny fans were so articulate with their oh, so sharp backhanded insults. Thank you, reviewer. I feel properly slapped down now. I see now the light and the true brilliance of the Harry/Ginny dynamic that Rowling setup ages and ages ago, when Harry was jerking off to Cho Chang.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2008
  7. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

The girl (it has to be a girl) read to the end of your story despite her devotion to Ginny. Then, flustered by her lapse in fidelity, she whips up this review in order to atone.

A tough life, that of an HG shipper, beset upon with temptations. My heart goes out to her.

8. psihary

psihary Groundskeeper

... I've got a polar bear for a neighbour...
    The above comes from his profile page at ff.net. Well, definitely not a girl but then for someone who claims maturity and eventually experience he Should know that any man with his right mind would never, ever go for a girl which would bring him the Weasley's 'patriarch' as a mother in law...

But then, "the poor boy doesn't know better" and he suddenly feels the woman in question, as close to a mother figure as one can feel not an actual parent... yes indeed... that is a genius set up "a long way before Half-Blood Prince or Deathly Hallows" I should admit... bravo JKR, I shouldn't have doubt your abilities, after all you did create the character of Dumbledore and even made him the good one...

9. Lucullus

Lucullus High Inquisitor

Hate to burst your bubble, but it's a guy.

Judging from his hatred of slashfics and his opinion of Snape and Draco, as well as his peeves about HP fanfiction, he would have been a perfect fit for DLP if not for his obsessive loyalty towards the H/G pairing.

All we had in the first book was the knowledge that Ginny had a fangirl crush on Harry. I don't see how that shows JKR supporting the relationship. Besides her one-sided attraction, there is no build-up or foreshadowing to the relationship, given that Harry spent his Third to Fifth years crushing on Cho.

H/G just popped up out of nowhere in the sixth book, at the same time when JKR transformed Ginny into a Sue. H/G shippers need to accept this fact as much as everyone else need to accept the fact that JKR went bonkers and made H/G the canon pairing.

10. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

11. Andro

Aw........

12. Water Mage

Water Mage Denarii Host

It's a guy...Damn. That's sad. I was expecting a fangirl for sure. Five bucks says that he's also watched/read Twilight and loved it.

13. Under_score

Under_score Second Year

I'll take you up on that. His supposed to be 40+.

Now who's going to ask him?

14. Andro

15. Lucullus

Lucullus High Inquisitor

I hit alt+F4 after merely reading the concept.

You?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2008
  16. Calis Clayr

Calis Clayr Seventh Year

One of the smallest countries in the world
    I managed to read the concept, moved the cursor to the x, and clicked as soon as I saw 'Soul Stones'.

17. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

Extremely powerful magical artifact? Eternal love? All it needs now are Nazis with wings.

Oz
    Paying homage to Godwin's law

18. Fimbulvintr

Fimbulvintr Seventh Year

Agreed, that guy is a moron. I intensely dislike his type: self-righteous and unwilling to consider differing opinions.

The guy is old, and he writes about eternal and fated love? I'm likely not even close to half his age, and I grew out of that concept years ago.

I feel sorry for his children.....

19. Random Shinobi

Random Shinobi Unspeakable DLP Supporter

Well, actually it was always pretty obvious that Harry would end up with Ginny. Not because it was cleverly foreshadowed or slowly build since beginning, but because it fit to JKR's style of writing. Remember how she likes the big, happy Weasley family... *gag*

Um, wait! Did you actually read what you wrote? You say you hate people who are unwilling to consider different opinions, and then call the reviewer moron and say that his opinion sucks? Self-righteus much?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2008
  20. Fimbulvintr

Fimbulvintr Seventh Year

It does seem that way doesn't it? I was afraid of that when I posted, but by then, it was too late....damn.

I hope I'm not actually self-righteous, but something about that guy just gets on my nerves. I agree with some of his opinions, especially those about Snape, Malfoy, and slash in general, but it's mostly the way he presents his thoughts on his profile which annoys me. To me at least, it reeks of obstinacy and a general lack of respect on several points.