1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Oneshot Antithesis by Watermage - K+

Discussion in 'Romance' started by Krogan, Dec 13, 2007.

1. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

I mentioned that the summary is incomprehensible and told him that with the involvement of soul bonds, writing an epic-length romance that does not feature actual romance is not much better than writing an abandoned one-chapter fic (read the end of his profile) and I got this:

Tears of laughter.

Where the fuck does the write the own level of literarcy come from? I understood everything _he_ wrote, not the Shakespeare thing, bending sickles compass. That still has no bearing on the actual story.

What an arrogant bitch.

2. The Fine Balance

The Fine Balance Headmaster

Deconstruction of the soul bond genre

Deux Ex Machina.

On the other hand his author's page is quite eloquent really, which makes me want to read his stories despite how he describes them.

3. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

*Shrugs* I just wanted to bitch slap him a couple of times.

4. Shades Mcgee

Shades Mcgee First Year

Just ask watermage, he is a member here (may be a she, i have no idea).

5. Kinser

Kinser Fourth Year

Holy fucking shit!

A Harry/Ginny fic that didn't make me want to puke!

I must say that there is probably little now that I can say that others haven't already. And I do apologize for this being a bit of necro-bump but I was directed to this story from reading a discussion about the author's rants/notes else where on DLP.

Over all Ginny being a bitch, which I do like to a degree, using a love potion on Harry is an interesting twist. The dialog is good, and believable. The technical execution good as well. I detected few obvious grammar errors, which is always good. My inner-English-Teacher looks for them.

I give this a 5/5.

All I have to say is "wow" cause I never expected a H/G fic to be worthy of such an honor.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2009
  6. DramaQueenRF

DramaQueenRF Muggle

I quite liked this though it took me a while, the brrgining was a bit...but I think this fanfic had the potential to be longer.