1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone ever had their work grabbed by a content farm?

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Silirt, Jul 8, 2024.

1. Silirt

Silirt Chief Warlock DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

A comment on ao3 informs me that I've been a victim of such a dastardly scheme; someone had taken my story and used it as a script for a voice reader with a couple ai renders with a title and description that indicates he didn't read the synopsis at all. The comment is a part of a crusade against content farms and informs me of how to claim the video, which I did, and now the uploader is in my dms begging me to retract the strike. I just thought the whole thing was funny; I don't think I would have bothered if he did a better job.

2. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I've had my Captain Westeros quest thing run through an AI image and voice generator and turned into an 'audiobook', but the person who did it approached me for permission first and linked my accounts in the descriptions. It's not the highest quality converter, but it's interesting enough.

I did have someone else put up the story on Amazon, trying to sell it, but I was able to get it taken down. Also had someone posting my THORHAMMER quest on webnovel.