1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Oneshot Anything but Slytherin by IP82 - M (ONE SHOT)

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by ip82, May 21, 2008.

1. FollowTheReaper

FollowTheReaper Professor

4/5 simply because I feel generous

2. Sorrows

Sorrows Queen of the Flamingos Moderator

I might be narcro-posting slightly, but damn did this creep me out.
    But if the slytherins were all squibs then why were some of them still in the school? were they there only to learn magical theory?

Perfect the way it is.

However if it was continued I wonder what the reaction would be to Harry being a paslemouth?

Last edited: Jun 25, 2008
  3. Poytin

Poytin The Arby's Hipster DLP Supporter

4. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

They are not in school, there are only three house tables. I never reached that far, but I suppose all new 'Slytherins' are deported out of Hogwarts after the feast and sent into a muggle school of some sort.

5. Sorrows

Sorrows Queen of the Flamingos Moderator

Wouldn't that leave them with little experience in wizard society? And there isn't relay enough of a magical population to cut the 'stock' by almost 1/4.
    Apprentice them to the house elves:)

6. carvell

carvell Professor DLP Supporter

More like Hagrid, a trip into the forest and Aragog will have lots of fresh meat.

7. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

Blaise managed to change houses. I imagin it would only be the hardcore dark kids that dont change.

8. Othalan

Othalan Headmaster DLP Supporter

Very interesting. I like the idea of the "Light" side going hardcore after getting their asses handed to them for years because they were being "noble" and "righteous" (meaning: stupid). Can't say I find the premise entirely believable. All Slytherin students? I guess Voldemort was one, but surely not all of his Death Munchers were? I could definitely see the persecution of Death Eater children happening, but ALL Slytherins?

That aside, I did like how the author left the interpretation of the ending up to the reader. 4/5

9. Poly

Poly First Year

Brr, disturbingly, perfectly, wondrously horrifying. Read this just after Dark Marauder... the two in my head share a universe. And thus, I'm not craving for a continuation of either quite so much. 5/5

10. tvill_17

tvill_17 Muggle

High Score:
    I really liked it. It was perfect as a one-shot and with that ending. 5/5

11. m4n1

m4n1 Squib

High Score:
    Really good story. Loved the dystopian backdrop that is conveyed through imagery perfectly. The ambiguous ending was also perfect and should definitely not be expanded.
    5/5

12. Jazz-Meister

Jazz-Meister Disappeared

High Score:
    I really want to read a fic about a magic-less Draco going around blowing up wizards and fucking people up in the most muggle ways possible. But, you know... not sucking, like all the fics that basically have that premise. *sigh*.

13. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Well, yeah, if you consider this as the prologue. Though I doubt it would be different from all these "Muggle!Harry pwns teh Wizzards" stories.

But this really isn't the place to discuss this.

[End of non-magical!Draco discussion]

14. Supaman

Supaman Squib

Really liked it, especially because after some pondering I think this is not as unrealistic of a scenario like I thought directly after finishing it. Some really paranoid,radical people in the wrong places or some overcompensation and there you go. 4.5/5

15. Abdomaher2010

Abdomaher2010 Temporarily Banhammered

High Score:
    Meh... Way too dark for my liking

2/5

(USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS SHITPOST)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2016
  16. iamnothere

iamnothere Squib

Terrifying and haunting... Perhaps it could've been even better if Dumbledore had died fighting many Death Eater's and at the sorting ceremony they make mention of this and attribute praise to the 'greatest light sorcerer since Merlin' and how his work will continue to be done and his legacy not forgotten and how all should inspire to be like him; then immediately proceed with the chair scene.

Nonetheless 5/5

17. poursuiveur

poursuiveur Squib

Ha. What an ending. This is what I call a good idea meets a brilliant writer. It could've been a lot longer but overall I like how it played out. Even in cannon we could see bits and pieces of the more extreme light supporters and it's fairly believable that the two extremes would end up alike in their intolerance.

18. 2D4rk4you

2D4rk4you Squib

High Score:
    Too bad it's so short. I've found that stories that can captivate the me so fast are not that easy to find anymore. I really like how it highlights the thin line between light and dark.

19. randomguy634

randomguy634 Squib

Absolutely amazing. I'd love to see Harry lead a revolution against the light.

20. SlashSS

SlashSS Squib

I always thought the idea of "The Light" to be a bit stupid and simplistic but I guess that's kind of the point. At some point while fighting Voldemort this new society became like what Voldemort tried to create. But instead of being obsessed with blood purity they are obsessed with ideological purity.
    Original if a bit silly 4/5