1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Applied Cultural Anthropology by jacobk

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by mknote, Jun 13, 2013.

1. point09micron

point09micron Groundskeeper

Chapter 19 posted a few days ago, if anyone cares. Link.

2. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    It was a solid enough chapter, still really liking the story, it's just that the updates aren't particularly long and nothing amazing happens in them so they aren't as effective as they would be when reading the story in one sitting. Especially since there is always such a huge frame of time inbetween chapters.

3. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I've pretty much completely lost interest in this fic. There are only so many times I'll reread to be on top of things when the annual update is posted. If this is ever finished, I might come back to it.

4. kira and light

kira and light Seventh Year

I find the Harry in this story actually far more interesting than Hermione he is sly, cunning and has a bit of attitude atleast compared to canon Harry. I rather would have liked him as the protagonist because Hermione is getting progressively more insufferable.

5. Johnnyseattle

Johnnyseattle Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

These days, I've taken this stance with pretty much any unfinished story I read. If I like it, I'll follow it and all, but I'll wait until I see the completed (or sadly, abandoned) tag - just been left hanging too many times.

This is one of those that I really wish would get done though. Hermione always was her best in canon when she leaned a bit more towards ruthless, I thought, and I enjoy the exploration of that side of her in this story. I'm with you though - I can only re-read something so many times - this and 'A Long Journey Home' are the only two stories where I'm sorely tempted to read the update instantly, but the updates are so far apart that I feel I need a refresher.