1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Are You A Werewolf: The Beginner's Cup

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vesvius, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Current Vote Tally

Coleam: 2
    Rubicon, Eternity Lost

iLost: 6
    Jas, Xantam, disposablehead, coleam, silverlasso, Schrodinger

7 votes needed for the lynch.

2. coleam

coleam Death Eater

Uh, which statement of mine are you responding to? The "iLost dun goofed" thing?

Also, it was me who asked about the werewolves, not Kalas. And I'm pretty sure the number of werewolves hasn't been specified - could you link the post that does?

---------- Post automerged at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 PM ----------

For clarification: my "how many werewolves" question was aimed at Ves.

3. iLost

iLost Minister of Magic

Okay, you and silverlasso have too similar avatars. Sorry about that. And I got the number from the 'interest' thread. There Vesvius said there would be two werewolves, one Seer and the rest town.

Okay, I really have to go now. Will be late.

Again, sorry I let the town down so badly.

4. coleam

coleam Death Eater

Ah, there it is. Thanks.

5. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:

... To request a Night Check on someone? Herp a derp. If you actually read iLost's post with an open mind its pretty obvious he's the Priest. There are two Werewolves (that was coleam asking btw iLost) sharing a QT, allowing them to strategize. No one can question the usefulness of that.

That is the thought process behind an individual QT. AKA the Priest.

---------- Post automerged at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 PM ----------

What I'm most suspicious of is silverlasso's post. There are two night action power roles in the game, not that hard to keep track off, but the need for PM's is 100% proof of scumness? I don't think so. That's either allcaps STUPID on his part or someone trying really hard to force a lynch that's already happening.

Scum senses are tingling.

Vote player: silverlasso

6. Schrodinger

Schrodinger Muggle ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Wow, one hell of a post to be ninja'd by... sorry, iLost.
    Maybe this is me just being paranoid, but (as he said himself) all we have to go on is iLost's word, and odds are better that he's scum than not.
    Kalas, we're at six. Why are you trying to split the vote?

7. coleam

coleam Death Eater

Hm, you make a good point Kalas. And his lack of werewolf admittance even after he thought he was dead (last post on first page) does count in his favor. The question is: do we let fail!Seer live? I think it's better that we do. That way, we have a better chance at picking off a wolf in day 1. If he does live through the night, we should probably lynch him tomorrow on the off-chance that he made a very skillful fake-claim, but letting him live today seems like the best choice.

Scenarios:

1) If he is the priest and we lynch him, we'll be down two town for sure by day 2.

2) If he's scum and we don't lynch him, we'll probably be down two town unless we can nab the second wolf in the day 1 lynch

3) If he's the priest and we switch lynch targets, we'll get another stab at both wolves in day 1. We'll still probably be down two town given the odds, but we'll have some more info to work with the next day.

With that in mind,

Rescind Vote

---------- Post automerged at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

Also, Duke of Rothwood, The Great Pandemonium, and Yeagen haven't posted yet.

8. The Great Pandemonium

The Great Pandemonium Fourth Year

I don't think any good will come from lynching iLost today since hes most likely the priest.

Nice catch I didn't notice this until you pointed it out and I went and re-read his post.

This seems like the best course of action. So I'll throw in a tentative Vote Player: Silverlasso to help get the ball rollin. Also how much longer do we have for day?

9. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

True, but iLost said he wasn't sincere about his question, he was just trying to get the conversation going by asking a generic mafia-related question. So I'm not sure how much we can read into it.

silverlasso is suspicious, but at the moment we have much more reason to suspect iLost than we do him.

I'm leaning toward a vote for iLost, but I'd rather see more people post before I lock anything in.

---------- Post automerged at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

Oh, and on the off chance that it ends up mattering, Rescind Vote on coleam.

10. Schrodinger

High Score:
    Sounds to me like Kalas and iLost are running a desperate game to save iLost: he plays the pity card and Kalas throws in uncertainty and finds a new candidate for suspicion.

11. Koalas

High Score:
    We can read that he wanted to get conversation rolling: Town or Agressive scum tactic.

That he has a QT: Priest or scum read.

And finally that he does not find his QT useful: Priest read.

If you're basing your vote entirely on the fact he has a QT then yes you have a 2/3 chance of hitting scum. If you take the time to read his posts however your odds drop significantly. iLost is either made a genuine slip, or he and his scum buddy thought of ALL of this and we're just caught up in a plan worthy of Xanatos.

tl;dr : We have a CONFIRMED power role who is ALMOST CERTAINLY the Priest. Why waste the Day 1 Lynch on him?

12. Schrodinger

High Score:
    Oh for fucks sake, Kalas, /nothing/ iLost says can be taken at face value: you can't use what he claims to be true as a legit defense.
    Splitting the vote and wasting a day versus a 2/3 chance at nailing a wolf first day? that's antitown as hell.

13. Koalas

High Score:
    @Schrodinger: All I've done is build on Eternity Lost's initial point. Further more I've made it clear what the progression should be here. Day 1: Don't lynch iLost. Night 1: He most likely dies. Day 2: If not dead he reveals his check, if its not believable we lynch him.

That said, I've made very clear point-by-point posts on my reasoning. I am playing intelligently. Yet as soon as people start listening to me and I suggest silverlasso you try and turn this on me saying I'm running a 'desperate game' to save iLost. Additionally your voting for iLost happened minutes within silverlasso's.

Scum read (for now): silverlasso and Schrodinger.

Off to Christmas shop, be back in a couple hours.

---------- Post automerged at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

The fact that you find a half slip ploy more believable then a full genune slip is.. distressing.

14. Xantam

Xantam Denarii Host

There is a 2/3 chance that iLost is scum, so I'm not willing to take his word for it when he says that's he's innocent. Mafia is all about lying. Maybe he is, maybe he isn't. But he is definitely our best lead.

15. Eternity Lost

Eternity Lost Squib

Kill someone else.

Either he's killed in the night ---> No wasted lynch

Or we lynch him Day 2 ---> We get results of a check.

Rescind Vote

Vote: Silverlasso

---------- Post automerged at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

Reason: Obvious use of PM's -- He needs to tell Vesvius who to check.

16. Schrodinger

High Score:
    Since I don't want us to waste a day on a split lynch, I guess I'll go with the crowd.
    Wait, so if we don't lynch iLost and he *doesn't* get NK'd, wouldn't that indicate that he was lying about being the seer?

---------- Post automerged at 13:03 ---------- Previous post was at 13:02 ----------

Oh, forgot to add: Rescind Vote
    Vote Player: silverlasso

17. Eternity Lost

Eternity Lost Squib

Yes so we lynch him, after he reveals his check.

If he's the seer we trust his check.

If he's a werewolf we discount it.

---------- Post automerged at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

2 people haven't even posted.

I don't like that.

18. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Vote Player: iLost

IMO a 2/3 chance of hitting a werewolf on the first day FAR outweighs the (1/3) risk of losing the Seer.

Plus I'm just not convinced by the arguments against silverlasso.

---------- Post automerged at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

apparently you haven't even posted once:

[​IMG]

19. Yeagen

Yeagen First Year

Wow, I did not the realize the game was already up and running. Interesting developments going on here. iLosts slip has probably doomed him either way. I agree with Eternity. Yes, there is a chance ilost is a werewolf but from the way he was posting, I'm thinking he is the priest. We absolutely don't want to lynch the priest so if he is legit, he will certainly killed of by the mafia. If he does mysteriously survive he can tell us who he checked and then we can choose to believe him or not and go from there. If ilost is the priest then not lynching him will at the very least put us an extra villager ahead because the mafia will have to spend a night killing him instead of someone else. We can always kill ilost at another time if he is showing to be fake. I'm going to hold off on voting for anyone right now but I would rather go after silverlasso then ilost whose posts do seem rather suspicious. I just think potentially lynching our priest is too great a risk.

20. Eternity Lost

Eternity Lost Squib

Mafia posts don't count.

Yeagen, you were on here. Post. We don't bite.

My plan was great. Either the werewolves kill him for us, or we get a check, (or we just lynch him Day 2).

---------- Post automerged at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

Ninja'd by Yeagen.

VOTE THOUGH.